Ants And Laptop!

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
Bangsean_girl
udonmap.com

Ants And Laptop!

Post by Bangsean_girl » August 25, 2006, 3:29 pm

I have noticed a few days ago that there were some ants in my laptop. While the ants were coming out ,I killed them :PBut it seem like this never end since they keep coming eventhough; I did not eat anything or do anything to make ants want to come around the laptop .I'm wonder if there is anyway I can kill those ants since they start to hide inside most of time! ,and that is such a pain in the ass . :twisted:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 25, 2006, 3:38 pm

yes, have you tried opening a "window" to let them all out.. :D
Can You Dig It Dug.?

Stevo
udonmap.com

Re: Ants And Laptop!

Post by Stevo » August 25, 2006, 3:58 pm

Bangsean_girl wrote:I have noticed a few days ago that there were some ants in my laptop. While the ants were coming out ,I killed them :PBut it seem like this never end since they keep coming eventhough; I did not eat anything or do anything to make ants want to come around the laptop .I'm wonder if there is anyway I can kill those ants since they start to hide inside most of time! ,and that is such a pain in the ass . :twisted:
Yes, it can get annoying... try wiping some DEET based mosquito repellant around your laptop, it doesn't smell very nice... but the ants don't like it at all.
Try not to get it on the screen, just around ports and speaker outlets.
:wink:

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » August 25, 2006, 4:40 pm

There is also a chalk type stuff you can use to draw lines around where you don't want insects. It is an insecticide and will kill them. :(

You could also try moving it to a different location, so that you know whether the ants are living inside the laptop, or commuting from elsewhere! :D

Try not to eat toast and jam when using the computer. I find I get a few ants exploring my keyboard, which may well be due to me sometimes eating whilst at the computer. :lol:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 25, 2006, 4:54 pm

well i thought at first it was a little joke, never thought there would be an ant problem with laptops or computers, i know they get everywhere but of what interest would there be in a laptop ??
as always still learning something everyday. :) :wink:
Can You Dig It Dug.?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » August 25, 2006, 5:13 pm

I once had a problem with ants in my pants but that was when I was a little boy. LOL

No seriously, I had the ant problem you mentioned. Unknown to me at the time the ants decided that my laptop would make a nice little home. When I moved it they all came marching out. In a state of panic I unplugged the computer, unscrewed it and gently took the insides, then moved it every few hours to make sure all the ants came out. You have to be careful with ants because they carry in mud and debris that can possibly short out your electronic board. DON'T spray anything around or inside the computer because the ants will die inside and make the problem worse. Just agitate (keep moving) the computer so that all the ants move out and find a new home, then you can go ahead and kill them all. Once all the ants are out don't plug your computer in yet, take it to a shop and ask them to open the computer up and use a little air blower to remove any debris.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 25, 2006, 5:45 pm

sometimes i think this forum can't get any better than its good self already, but it seems to get better all the time,is there nothing you can't find out about ???
grass seed, insurance,ingrediants for cakes,Lawn-mowers,medicine,eye-sight,money matters,massages,messeges,where too, where not to..... the list is long !

Great stuff.Image
Can You Dig It Dug.?

valentine

Post by valentine » August 25, 2006, 6:04 pm

My remedy. Every so often I leave a bit of cake in a cereal dish for about half hour, when I come back all the little blighters have kindly gone in it to eat, then I take the dish to the sink and drown them .So unless they learn to swim, that works for me

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » August 25, 2006, 8:11 pm

beer monkey wrote:sometimes i think this forum can't get any better than its good self already, but it seems to get better all the time,is there nothing you can't find out about ???
grass seed, insurance,ingrediants for cakes,Lawn-mowers,medicine,eye-sight,money matters,massages,messeges,where too, where not to..... the list is long !

Great stuff.Image
Oh yeah, how about vertical blinds... :D

Alagrl
udonmap.com

Post by Alagrl » August 25, 2006, 10:59 pm

Ant remedies....

1. Bay leaves (weird but works)

2. Borax sprinkled in a perimeter around what you're trying to protect (best for doorways, windows, etc.) -- a little less of a pesticide than Sevin dust.

As to fire ants...I don't know. Nuclear bombs might work.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » August 27, 2006, 8:37 am

I get them from time to time, very small buggers and had the problem for some years. So long as I don't see eggs moving in or out I'm not overly concerned and would rather kill them as I see em other than lay baits and have them die inside. I had to get into the machine two months ago and didn't find any evidence of ants or nests, the internals were spotless.
On the other hand my daughters desk top, down stairs, has the mainframe sitting on the floor with all sorts of animal life living in it, that machine just keeps grinding away the biggest problem being food and drink in the key board!!!!
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

ecopest1

Post by ecopest1 » November 24, 2008, 9:49 am

There is a product available in pattaya called ecopest that kills all known cold blooded insects works for up to a month and is completely non toxic to humans and warm blooded animals,does not smell and is stain free.pm me for details

ecopest1

Post by ecopest1 » November 24, 2008, 9:49 am

There is a product available in pattaya called ecopest that kills all known cold blooded insects works for up to a month and is completely non toxic to humans and warm blooded animals,does not smell and is stain free.pm me for details

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » November 24, 2008, 9:55 am

simple window washer will do the trick no sense putting poison on some thing you touch daily and possibly poison your self this remedy was give to me by my Aussie friend whom I trust to know what he is talking about I also used it around my desk and it works

gregj69

Post by gregj69 » October 24, 2016, 2:02 pm

I would like to find out about this Ecopest stuff. Does anyone know about it. Tried to pm ecopest1 but not allowed.

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”