English man shot dead in pataya..

Thailand news, views and comments
Liam Dale
udonmap.com

English man shot dead in pataya..

Post by Liam Dale » January 24, 2017, 5:33 pm

I' m sure this will filter up soon.. but my wife just showed me FB footage of a UK guy being shot in the head in PT.. on CCTV.. guy goes n sits in his car.. and Thai man.. just strolls up.. caps his head and goes away as a passenger on a scooter. Casual as please. MAYBE his name is Tony.. I'll try n post a link later.. but jeez.. was it nonchalant..
Video is khaosod.co.th 1040am today..

His wife said.. something about problem business with another farang and she fed up to hear hassle every night.

Shows to go ya eh.. she said its VERY little money to have someone capped here.. sad times.. and THAT was a farang partner situ.. watching my wife with new respect.. ;-)

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Re: English man shot dead in pataya..

Post by Liam Dale » January 24, 2017, 5:45 pm

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/965 ... n-pattaya/ There is an update.. I have NO idea what a boiler gang is tho

Lone Star
udonmap.com

Post by Lone Star » January 24, 2017, 6:28 pm

Liam Dale wrote:I' m sure this will filter up soon.. but my wife just showed me FB footage of a UK guy being shot in the head in PT.. on CCTV.. guy goes n sits in his car.. and Thai man.. just strolls up.. caps his head and goes away as a passenger on a scooter. Casual as please. MAYBE his name is Tony.. I'll try n post a link later.. but jeez.. was it nonchalant..
Video is khaosod.co.th 1040am today..

His wife said.. something about problem business with another farang and she fed up to hear hassle every night.

Shows to go ya eh.. she said its VERY little money to have someone capped here.. sad times.. and THAT was a farang partner situ.. watching my wife with new respect.. ;-)
Boiler rooms are filled with "salesmen" doing telephone solicitations (scams).
AMERICA: One of the Greatest Stories Ever Told.

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » January 24, 2017, 6:33 pm

same in any country... live by the sword...

Liam Dale
udonmap.com

Post by Liam Dale » January 24, 2017, 6:45 pm

Boiler rooms are filled with "salesmen" doing telephone solicitations (scams).[/quote]

Cheers.. but jeez.. the dude with the piece strolled up like.. he "wanted a quiet word".. I once saw a similar piece of Thai footage.. where a fella popped his wife AND mother in law.. while planning their wedding.. cos he had a grudge about her chatting on facebook with another dude.. one minute she was smiling.. next.... the capping was bad enough.. after.. her did a little dance on CCTV and wandered off!

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » January 24, 2017, 7:20 pm

People loose there life savings to these scammers, they are total ar-ewipes, he might have got what he deserved...

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 24, 2017, 8:14 pm

probably internal dissension within or between boiler room gangs. They normally run huge call centers targeting off-shore (UK, Australia, NZ) retirees for "investment" opportunities. It appears the victim must have been doing fairly well since he was driving a Porsche Cayenne SUV, a pretty expensive car..
Dave

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 25, 2017, 11:07 am

Briton shot dead in Porsche in Thailand's Pattaya resort
8 hours ago BBC

A British man has been shot dead in his Porsche in Thailand.
Tony Kenway, originally from Southampton, was killed in a car park in the resort of Pattaya at 14:10 local time, according to the Bangkok Post.
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) has confirmed it is in contact with local police regarding the death of a British national.
Sanit Sport Club, where the shooting happened, offered its condolences in a message posted on its Facebook page.
It read: "We are very sad to announce the death of Tony Kenway who lost his life this morning. We would like to offer Tony's family and friends our deepest sympathy and condolences at this difficult time. RIP Tony."
'Chubby man'
The Bangkok Post reported that an eyewitness described the gunman as a "chubby man wearing a white T-shirt and black jacket" who opened the door of the red Cayenne GTS before firing once and escaping on a black motorcycle.
Mr Kenway was described as a father-of-four who had set up a website design business.
His Facebook profile shows he lived in Bangkok but previously resided in Marbella, Spain, and had been married to his wife, Pans, since November.
A FCO spokeswoman said: "We are in contact with the family of a British man following his death in Pattaya, Thailand. Our sympathies are with them at this difficult time. We are in touch with the local police."
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 25, 2017, 10:36 pm

Two Men Wanted Over Brits Murder Have Fled The Country
https://www.stickboybangkok.com/news/tw ... d-country/

They hardly seem very smart... Dangerous, maybe,but not smart..
Using CCTV footage from around the area of the murder, police traced the motorbike used to flee the scene back to a local bike rental company who had the name, address and copy of the getaway driver Miles Turner’s passport.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 26, 2017, 3:47 am

Andrew Macgregors saying the Boiler Room guys own Nana Plaza

Return to “Thailand News”