Extension to Visa

Here is where we will consolidate all information about Thai visas and work permits (as they are closely related to the type and availability of your visa).
BWFC Mike

Extension to Visa

Post by BWFC Mike » May 25, 2016, 4:08 pm

I have a 12 month multi entry non-immigrant type 'O' Visa entry before 23rd june 2016. This is a retirement visa where I just had to show proof of entitlement to UK pension. No requirement to show 800 K baht in Thai bank. I have been in Thailand since june 2015. I will go to Laos in june 2016 and return to Thailand on june 23rd effectively meaning I can stay for 15 months in total untill september21st 2016. My question is I understand I can get a 12 month extension of my visa in Thailand without having to return to England to get a new visa. How exactly do I get an extension to my visa? Where do I go? What does it cost and when do I apply. This is my 2nd 12 month non imm visa and I went back to England when the 1st expired and bought a new one but it is so expensive with flights hotels rental cars etc that I don't want to do it again if I can help it. Thanks Mike

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Extension to Visa

Post by BobHelm » May 25, 2016, 4:16 pm

You can get a 12 month Permission to Stay in Thailand for reason of retirement at Udon Immigration Office.
If you visit the office sometime then they will give you a list of requirements.

They are not too arduous except that you will either have to have 800K bat in a Thai Bank account for 2 months before you apply, or get a letter confirming that you have a monthly income of 65K baht a month, or a combination of the 2.
You will no longer need to leave Thailand every 90 days, but you will need to report to Immigration every 90 days..

Cost is 1,900 baht & you will need to go while your visa is still valid - so you have probably already left it too late this time, unless you go the Embassy letter route..

retired
udonmap.com

Extension to Visa

Post by retired » May 25, 2016, 4:23 pm

You can apply for an extension at Immigration cost 1900 baht
The applicant is 50 years of age or over; and
Proof of income of not less than Baht 65,000 per month; (this must be obtained from your Embassy)or
Account deposit with a bank in Thailand of not less than Baht 800,000 as shown in bank account transactions for the past 3 months; (2 mths for 1st application) or
(5) Annual income plus bank account deposit totaling not less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date of application,
You can apply during the last 3 mths of your visa.
You will also require proof of residence and a map from Immigration to your residence
Application form TM7
4x6 cm photograph with medium blue background
Copy of the applicant's passport, visa and personal details page
If granted you will need to report to Immigration every 90 days.
Should you wish to travel out of the country you will require a re-entry permit which keeps your extension alive.

samuel
udonmap.com

Extension to Visa

Post by samuel » May 25, 2016, 6:24 pm

retired wrote:4x6 cm photograph with medium blue background
pics can be done at the immigration office. easy....

retired
udonmap.com

Extension to Visa

Post by retired » May 25, 2016, 8:54 pm

samuel wrote:
retired wrote:4x6 cm photograph with medium blue background
pics can be done at the immigration office. easy....
Correct as can the filling in of the TM7 (for a small fee)

Return to “Thailand Visa & Immigration Information”