Futures markets and commodity exchanges

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Futures markets and commodity exchanges

Post by vincemunday » February 18, 2017, 1:09 pm

I saw a post earlier and it got me thinking, that's quite a feat in itself these days. Anyway, it made me wonder if there are any other ex LIFFE, LCE, LME, IPE, NYMEX, CBOT, CME, SIMEX (etc) traders or operational staff here? I used to work for Refco who were on just about every exchange there was and I doubt I'm the only one? I traded LIFFE APT, my mnemonic was FAT and ran the ops dept in London, anyone else?

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Re: Futures markets and commodity exchanges

Post by mickojak » February 18, 2017, 1:37 pm

I trade US commodities.
Have 1 broker in OZ and 1 in Chicago.
Never been to any exchanges though!
Mick

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Re: Futures markets and commodity exchanges

Post by vincemunday » February 18, 2017, 1:54 pm

Our main office was in Chicago, South Wacker Drive, there aren't many (if any) exchanges left now, they've all shifted over to electronic trading platforms, but the pits were really exciting, the US T Bond pit in the CBOT being one of the wildest, it reminded me of a boxing ring with 200 maybe 300 traders in it. In the U.K. I used to love the Bund pit, volatile, mad, funny and viscious all at the same time. Such happy, hazy days. I've often thought about opening an account, maybe I will one day but I've seen a lot of people lose a lot of money over the years... so maybe not.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bond+ ... 5fgeXfThRM:
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”