Gas stove-burner hissing sound.

General Udon Thani topics only!
the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » January 14, 2017, 6:48 pm

We have a typical 2 burner-gas stove, we had the gas tank changed ( a refill ) few days ago and since then, one of the 2 burners makes a loud continuous hissing sound. I suspect that the regulator at the tank output might be the cause. Having no experience with gas appliance i don t dare touching it. Any solution ?
Thanks in advance.
Nice day-evening to all

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Gas stove-burner hissing sound.

Post by parrot » January 14, 2017, 7:01 pm

Among some of the possibilities:

When the regulator was removed from the old tank, it dropped to the ground and possibly cracked. If it's the regulator, I'd suspect you'd smell gas in that location. You could apply some soapy water on the regulator. If it bubbles, it's leaking.

It's also possible the regulator isn't sitting firmly in the tank. Again, you could try the bubble test at the connection itself. Obviously, you'd smell gas in the location of the leak, whether it's the regulator itself, or at the connection of the regulator to the tank.

You might want to check the hose itself. If it's very old, it's possible it's cracked and leaking. Again you should be able to smell gas in the vicinity of the leak.

Maybe the first order of business is, turn off the tank itself. Wait several minutes for the air to clear. Turn the tank back on and try to detect where the hissing sound is coming from.

Just some of my own experiences with gas tanks in Thailand

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » January 14, 2017, 9:55 pm

Had a similar problem once. Some how air had gotten into the tank. It had to be purged again.

pal52
udonmap.com

Post by pal52 » January 15, 2017, 7:04 am

Have the same problem with one of my rings on the gas oven.
I take the ring & plate off & give it a good clean with wire wool & clean all the grooves on the ring with a stiff brush.
It is then ok.
It maybe the ring is not seating properly on the stove allowing too much air in.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 15, 2017, 8:27 am

most burners you can adjust the flame , to get a nice blue flame , not orange , maybe must look it there?... ;)

alanhass
udonmap.com

Post by alanhass » January 18, 2017, 8:19 pm

Take a good look at the connection rings . If u can't see properly just use a match
Just kidding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 19, 2017, 4:48 pm

I had that exact problem. A good friend of mine who has a lot of experience with gas burners told me that I would have to take it apart and clean out the little spider web. Sure enough that little web right in front of the gas jet was the problem.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”