Gold Down...Baht Weakens

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Gold Down...Baht Weakens

Post by semperfiguy » October 6, 2016, 11:57 am

Gold has dropped dramatically over the past few days and the US Dollar has strengthened against the Baht during the same period. Anybody have any idea what's going on? Anyone have an opinion of how the outcome of the US elections will affect the strength of the US Dollar? I'd like to transfer in a year's worth of living expenses, but I'm thinking I'll get a better exchange rate after the elections.

Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Gold Down...Baht Weakens

Post by BobHelm » October 6, 2016, 12:10 pm

I was reading somewhere (not sure where though :D ) that the reason was the strengthening of the $ rather than anything else.
Currently a lot of optimism about the economic figures coming out of the USA has meant that people are moving away from gold back into $.
Plus there seems little doubt that the USA will raise its' interest rates before year end - some of the rise is certainly down to that.

The bad news for all us non-Americans is that the $ has risen against every currency. So the exchange rate we are receiving for our currencies against the baht has not improved.
Indeed most have actually just got worse... :shock:
The baht still seems to keep a quite extraordinary high rate against the $ against the facts that, economically, the country would appear to have absolutely nothing going for it.
The cynical may well come to the conclusion that the baht/$ rate has a great deal more to do with behind the scenes central bank manipulations than anything else.. :(

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 6, 2016, 12:46 pm

BobHelm wrote:I was reading somewhere (not sure where though :D ) that the reason was the strengthening of the $ rather than anything else.
Currently a lot of optimism about the economic figures coming out of the USA has meant that people are moving away from gold back into $.
Plus there seems little doubt that the USA will raise its' interest rates before year end - some of the rise is certainly down to that.

The bad news for all us non-Americans is that the $ has risen against every currency. So the exchange rate we are receiving for our currencies against the baht has not improved.
The baht still seems to keep a quite extraordinary high rate against the $ against the facts that, economically, the country would appear to have absolutely nothing going for it.
The cynical may well come to the conclusion that the baht/$ rate has a great deal more to do with behind the scenes central bank manipulations than anything else.. :(
Thanks Bob! That's makes good sense and you projected it well. Any others!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 6, 2016, 3:35 pm

If it were me and I didn't need the money right away.....and I was going to transfer in a year's worth of expenses, I'd wait a few months. I'd say odds are on your side that you'll do better after rates rise (assuming they do)......and only Buddha knows what the heck is going on with the Thai economy/Baht.....not to mention the chair at the top.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » October 6, 2016, 7:21 pm

parrot wrote:If it were me and I didn't need the money right away.....and I was going to transfer in a year's worth of expenses, I'd wait a few months. I'd say odds are on your side that you'll do better after rates rise (assuming they do)......and only Buddha knows what the heck is going on with the Thai economy/Baht.....not to mention the chair at the top.
Thanks Parrot! That's reassuring advice!

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 7, 2016, 6:16 pm

Nice time stock up on a bit of gold as well

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 7, 2016, 7:35 pm

Hey Patrick
Whats up? You got info from a buddist, and a guy who hates you.
Are you OK with that, or would you like to make the investment portfolio of your entire lifetime?
What did I say, Lifetime?
Exactly that. For some reason you are way out of tune with God...WAY OUT.
If you want to know what to do NOW for you and your wife, let me know.
I will show you step by step, never take a cent of your tight money and show you how and where to place it, what kind of balances you should have in a "Servant of God" portfolio. Where to go and what to do. In fact, you could accomplish all this in an afternoon.
But I know you are obsessive/ compulsive...can you trust me? I will not take a cent, I will show you facts, and you will make the decisions.
Big decision right? What to do?
Take a big deep breath and call me.
Or I will see you on the other side, saying, "I told you so". My Brother.

pipoz4444
udonmap.com

Post by pipoz4444 » October 8, 2016, 3:56 pm

BobHelm wrote:I was reading somewhere (not sure where though :D ) that the reason was the strengthening of the $ rather than anything else.

Hi Bob

I would actually buy Gold (on its way down) at this time, assuming one has spare cash to invest long term. Gold tends to be something you hold for a while and only sell when the time and price suits you. One you hold onto until everything else durst to Sh...t. My guess is it wont stay at $1250 US for ever.

I agree with you, re the current optimism of the USA and in all likelihood the US Dollar will continue to rise this year, given your Fed will have to do at least one interest Rate hike in the last 3 months of this year. After all the promised more, so they have to find a way to do one.That alone will probably push the USD up against most currencies, although the Thai Baht tends to resist some of the strengthening of the USD - Not all but some. Presumably for the reason you have indicated above.

The US election in November or the result of it, may well determine how strong the US Dollar is on 31 December 2016 and also whether Gold bounces back, somewhat.

Having repeated much of the rhetoric from the Bloomberg in the above, my instinct tells me that regardless of whoever wins (Trump or Hillary), that some time ins the second half of next year (2017) the USD Stock Market - Mr. Wall Street, will take a correction downwards, much like it did in August 2011, when US Dollars getting diverted out of the Share Market and into something else, such as Gold, which tends to be perceived as a safer haven in uncertain times. History has shown the SD Stock Market Speculators don't need much of a reason to move from one investment to another. Anyway, this is just my 2 cents worth and all speculation at this time.

pipoz4444
That's one small step for a man, one giant leap for mankind.

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 8, 2016, 8:04 pm

Hey Guys,
They say you an lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink.
If anyone is serious about "what to do now", and not just talking about it, here are some clues for you to do your own homework. Everything is right in your face, has been for years and you don't even see it, maybe because you subscribe to the main stream mocking birds. They don't want you to get it.
We are at the point of "those who get it, will be rewarded and those who don't will suffer". This is the largest event ever to happen in the history of the world.
One of my sources said in a video early last month that WW3 will start on Oct. 8. Lets see what the news bring us tomarrow. Oh, a high ranking Millitary Commander is on Yahoo news today telling Troops to be prepared, WWW 3 could start tomarrow (OCT 8). Right in your face,,,,did anyone report on this? Do your own research.
OK, lets get started. MockingBirds tell you no one is buying gold now, really? Is it because while you were watching sports, MsM, Fox, CNN, Bloomberg, Hunger Games, very large shipments of gold have been purchased every month over the last several years? Really? Who is buying all this gold? And why. Find out.
Do you really have faith in the "dollar"? What is the track record of all fiat currencies since they ever began? Research.
And my final piece of the puzzle, again right in your face, is http://www.usdebtclock.org/. Why is the gold price now at almost $9,000 and silver almost $1,000. Really? Know why? Research it. Its in your face!
The more you research you will connect the dots and find out what you should do if you are able.
I won't tell you because then the paper Tigers will start making noise.
If you start researching and believe "Yes, I am starting to see a connection but because the clock is running out, and you would like to see the whole picture and get yourself positioned, you can PM me. I will not post anymore on this and be critisized.
One more clue: You will need a portfolio of 10-1. 10 is whats coming down, 1 is whats going up and will replace your lost 10. What is it?
Clock is ticking. Do the research. Only PM's
Take care.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » October 8, 2016, 9:39 pm

You must be worth millions Happy Bird with what you know

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » October 8, 2016, 9:59 pm

grievous wrote:You must be worth millions Happy Bird with what you know
She/ He is A TROLL Mate

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » October 8, 2016, 10:04 pm

Yeah I know 747 thought I'd stir he/ she/it up a little. Obvisously gets he's / she's / it's thrills by posting like this

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 9, 2016, 7:37 pm

Did WW3 start on Oct 8? Actually, yes it did. You have a total media (mocking bird media) black-out. You will not see what is really happening on the ground.
Damascus,(Syria) the oldest and 1st civilized city will be "utterly destroyed and never rebuilt". Some of you guys should pick up on this clue, it was mentioned over 2,000 years ago.
The "plunger Protection Team" is working 24hrs a day to keep the stock marker held up. Research this.
Can we see 50 -75% drop in the Dow? Yellow is a "gift" right now for those seeking to get out. (The yellow metal)
You paper tigers are so funny. Whats wrong you can't click a link and see for yourselves the facts?
You could have millions just by making educated moves. Clock is ticking. PM please

Happybird77
udonmap.com

Post by Happybird77 » October 9, 2016, 11:50 pm

OK, if anyone cares about what is going on with gold, here goes: The US and Chinese worked together to smash the price so people in the East could celebrate the Chinese Holiday by buying gold at a discount. So nice! Now Monday the US comax will be closed, will the price rise from all the hush hush buying, or will more paper gold be dumped to keep the price down? Either way, the Mocking Birds will tell you "No one is buying gold". Here is short 20 min video that will explain this and its also packed with tons of good info on many other news. Like I said before, everything is in front of you and you can't even see it. A investment manager will take your money, just because he can and will, but you can do all this research on your own, its free. And I am not asking anything from anyone, just trying to help anyone.
747- I was in your face, and you never saw me. 8)
GOLD AND SILVER SMASHED ALL WEEK DURING CHINESE HOLIDAY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DXQt8ymY6E

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 10, 2016, 12:24 am

I really appreciate your willingness to help us see the truth and I am sure you are a very wealthy man. I was just wondering if you could see your way to lend me about 500,000 dollars so I could retire now. I know it is a small amount of money for someone like you and I would really appreciate it.

hairyharry
udonmap.com

Post by hairyharry » October 10, 2016, 6:35 am

Happybird, I would really like to visit your planet.
Do you have any spare "fuel"?

tamdon
udonmap.com

Post by tamdon » October 10, 2016, 3:40 pm

it seems he is only trying to help others.
Actually, to be "rich" is only a state of mind.
A big family is a projection of wealth.
A good name is a fine statement.
Paper money is foolishness, all paper burns.
Gold melts and is remolded into another fine piece.
Gold is the money of Kings
It represents Royality.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 10, 2016, 4:16 pm

tamdon wrote:it seems he is only trying to help others.
Actually, to be "rich" is only a state of mind.
A big family is a projection of wealth.
A good name is a fine statement.
Paper money is foolishness, all paper burns.
Gold melts and is remolded into another fine piece.
Gold is the money of Kings
It represents Royality.

I'd just add that ...... gold almost hit $2000 an ounce back in 2010......and many people had it pegged to go to $5000. The only thing important to me is where it goes 'in my lifetime'.

Balthasar G.
udonmap.com

Post by Balthasar G. » October 10, 2016, 5:11 pm

I hope I die in my sleep like my grand dad did, not screaming like his passengers

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » October 10, 2016, 5:56 pm

Well I picked up bit of gold on the down cycle. The better the dollar get the more gold goes down. This is money I don't anticipate using. I could do stocks again market is not good to jump in right now. My wife will never understand dividends. She does understand the bank around her neck

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”