Health insurance

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
vincemunday
udonmap.com

Health insurance

Post by vincemunday » February 15, 2016, 11:57 am

Hi, I've had a look around and can't see any posts about this although i'm sure there must be a few. I need a decent health insurance policy for me and my wife, any suggestions? Vince. email - [email protected]

The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Health insurance

Post by ting_tong » February 15, 2016, 12:00 pm

contact Bupa directly, they have an office in Tesco Lotus nadee

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Health insurance

Post by Wee Jimmy » February 15, 2016, 12:05 pm

Scout around for an insurance company before committing with Bupa. I think Bupa is costly for the amount of cover you get. I'm now looking for a farang insurance. Better cover and not much more in price.
Keep us posted as to what you find please.

broon97
udonmap.com

Health insurance

Post by broon97 » February 15, 2016, 12:19 pm

Check out Pacific Prime at pacificprime.com, they have online quotations from all of the main players in health insurance and very good service including claims assistance if needed.
Been with them for last 3 years

udonmap.com

Health insurance

Post by 12345 » February 15, 2016, 1:41 pm

vincemunday wrote:Hi, I've had a look around and can't see any posts about this although i'm sure there must be a few. I need a decent health insurance policy for me and my wife, any suggestions? Vince. email - [email protected]
I personally would go to the hospitals, and ask them.....what insurance companies do you deal with, do you 'honor', that NO front money is necessary. Then go from there. That would, should avoid any problems when actually needing emergency care. Also once insured, register with said hospitals.

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Health insurance

Post by AA Ins Broker » February 15, 2016, 4:27 pm

Medical Insurance is a minefield and as some have pointed out there are many checks that need doing before deciding.
Depending on the level required i.e. sufficient for the Private/International hospitals or just the local Government style one can discount many plus add into that the way the majority of Thai medical companies can drop you when they want shows there is more to buying medical insurance than any other type for insurance.
As the largest individual expat broker in Thailand we can offer all the local Thai companies plus we are fortunate to offer companies based (for example) in Europe, HK etc., which can offer foreigners far better cover than any Thai company and usually for lower premiums e.g. Allianz and AXA.

I have arranged small meetings in the past to discuss medical insurance and would be happy to do so again for anyone – or a group. Send me a PM or drop me an email : [email protected]

Peter
http://www.aainsure.net

Return to “Insurance”