Housing Estates - 2011 new house sales

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » March 12, 2011, 5:54 am

This thread to restart and list current projects having "new house sales" in 2011, with prices, features, etc.

Baan Sirin Residence (alluded to in other thread) has units from 2.5 MB to 6MB. Location and design giving other midrange projects like Thanadorn, Chonrada, Private Parkville, and Sittarom some healthy new competition. I may have bought here if available in 2007 when I pulled the trigger. Baan Sirin is on the road from Don Bosco School to Global House, about 2OO meters from and inside the ring. Many houses nearing completion, some best plots sold and a few still available, already built common pool and clubhouse etc. Common fee roughly 2000 baht per month per house.

Type A 258 M2 on 115 square wah of land, under 6 Million Baht (MB), is the high end.
One square wah equals 4 square meters.

Also two storeys on plots mostly from 65-85 square wah
Type B 208 m2 cost 3.8 to 4.2 MB
Type C 188 m2, 3.3 to 3.5 MB
Type D 158 m2, 2.8 to 3.1 MB
Type E (single storey) 136 m2, 2.6 MB

There are other new projects on the more distant stretch of the ring between Thanadorn and the new Tesco/Carrefour zone, other can give details. Also a new project nearly opposite Relax Place Restaurant (sales office open, nothing built yet) which is on the road perpendicular to the narrow road running from Paramin School to the airport.

Others out there too, plenty to talk about, if posters have information please share.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Re: Housing Estates - 2011 new house sales

Post by merchant seaman » March 12, 2011, 1:04 pm

Thana Homes Estate located near Carefour in Nadee. Take the turn at the traffic light between Carefour and Tesco {this is tne part of the ring road connecting to the Kahn Kahn Road} go about 1.8 kilometers and turn right on the small road just before the new electric company headquarters and follow the road and signs for about 2 kilometers. 2 model homes now completed. 2 bedroom starting at 1.2 million. Now would be a good time to buy before prices start to go up after a few more homes are built. I live there now in an older 2 bedroom duplex. Very quit and safe and not really that far from town, 14 kilometers to UD town. I belief FBI has the exclusive rights to all sales.

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » March 12, 2011, 1:52 pm

Hi,
Maliwan villa, just inside ring road. about 9 to 10K from town center, near electric station. New 3 bed, two bathrooms, single storey 1.7MB now. For land and house. I got the transfer fees paid for. Found out these were over 30,000B. Only one house out of six bought then and owners wanted bums on seats.
Went to FBI in 2005, Dec. to buy a house. I liked one, in one of their ads. in the shop. They took us to see about five houses, which IMO were no good and a few years old. Told them I would prefer a new house. They took no notice and would not tell me where the new house i liked was. They did not want to know. I went to see the wifes sisters husband and he found out the house was in Maliwan Villa. Swimming pool and kids playground on estate.
The cost for security, roads, lighting etc. now is 200B a month.
My dealings with FBI was very poor. Still their loss. They lost their commision on the house I bought. They were the only agents i went to. I think, IMHO, you are better going around the estates yourself.
The cost of the house and land then was 980,000B and i was getting 71B to the pound when i transfered the money from the British Isles. Best deal i have made in LOS.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » March 12, 2011, 2:18 pm

My dealings with FBI and Preben was nothing short of excellent. Guess you can get good and bad dealings with just about anyone. Preben was most helpful and professional with me. Looked at the house one day and bought it the next. Seller also paid all closing and transfer costs 32,000 baht and the cost of house and land (small 2 bedroom) was 380,000 baht this past Nov. Not a mansion but just perfect for me and my wife and no room for relitives to move in. Still have a 4 bedroom 3 bath house 2 soi's behind the main post office if anyone interested 2.5 million

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » March 19, 2011, 5:32 pm

Been looking around at some new estates,Chanakhan seems to have sold a few houses,the salesman was showing me plots that would be ready in 7 months time.Looked a promising estate,just building the club house.Does anybody ever use them ? Sri Thani on the Nong Kai rd also seemed to have many dots on the sold board too. Baan San Saran seem also to be selling well with the corner plots already sold, price 2.1 mil for a 3 bed 2 bathroom one story on 100 wah plot of land. Did nearly spit my cornflakes over my computor this morning when i saw the ad for a secondhand house for sale on Baan San Saran for 2.7 mil :shock: . The going price for the same new house is 1.89 mil. :D
Tanandorn had a piece of land for sale,nice size plot,about 300 wah, opposite lovely new large house,but they wanted 5 mil for it :shock:
Theres a pretty 3 bed house near the airport for sale,Usabuy but thats for sale at 4.25 mil, built to order,will be the only one there then at that price.
Think I take a look around Global House next.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » September 1, 2011, 12:44 pm

Today Lee added photos on Le Cellini in a locked thread, showing the original model house.

There is a new Type B model in 2011, stunning interior for Udon and also worth showing when Lee or Anna can get photos.

To date 17 homes built or in process, of which five bought by westerners. FYI I am a satisfied home owner, not a project owner or staff.

randerson79
udonmap.com

Post by randerson79 » September 1, 2011, 3:58 pm

rct wrote:To date 17 homes built or in process, of which five bought by westerners.
I think you mean to say "Paid for by Westerners. For their Thai partners." ;)

douglas
udonmap.com

Post by douglas » September 1, 2011, 4:58 pm

Hi,
randerson. I bought my house in my name, the land only in wifes name, and i have a 30 year lease on the land, renewable for a further 30 years, I should be so lucky. im over seventy now. So it was correct to say i bought the house. My next door mate just sold his house and land, wife thought she was going to get halve of it. She got zero. She had been playing up. He held the land and house in the Co. name, which he had. He was a very good bussnessman, good luck to him.
Cheers Doug.

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » September 1, 2011, 7:32 pm

Agree Doug, if you get all the paperwork done correctly there should be little problem.
Renting a house ? In Udon you must be joking . ](*,)

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » September 8, 2011, 8:37 am

rct wrote:Today Lee added photos on Le Cellini in a locked thread, showing the original model house.

There is a new Type B model in 2011, stunning interior for Udon and also worth showing when Lee or Anna can get photos.

To date 17 homes built or in process, of which five bought by westerners. FYI I am a satisfied home owner, not a project owner or staff.
In the past I've looked for and found many reasons not to buy in Le Cellini, however the more I visit I can't help thinking what a great lifestyle my family could enjoy here. Safe, quiet, central location and a quality product. I've had plenty of time to think about it as my money was tied up in Australia and it has taken a while to access the funds I need.
So now that I have freed up the funds I'm going to buy a property in Le Cellini.
I've attached some picture's of the new type of house for sale

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

Post by GARYZX6R » September 9, 2011, 11:52 am

Its a nice looking house ,but the neighbours houses are pretty close if your paying 10 mil plus . I know it has this and that but you sure are paying for it.
All the best with it,each to there own.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » September 9, 2011, 4:30 pm

Some people like a bit of land around them and I can appreciate that. I like city style living and in my home town of melbourne if you buy an inner city property the land sizes are even smaller.
The first type of house may have been over 10 million plus, but the one I will buy isn't that expensive and maybe that is because it's the smallest land size and a type B house.
I've always been told that's it's good to buy the worst house on the best street in real estate. Also with the Australian tax system you can have overseas investment properties which can help with my income tax.
thank's for the comment

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » September 10, 2011, 7:27 am

Of course to any new house, one must also invest in a kitchen, airconditioners, built in closets, curtains or window treatments, landscaping. This can easily add over a million baht to a house of medium size if using premium materials, and not including loose furniture.

FURNITURE
By the way Greivous, Chanintr (Bangkok) has their warehouse sale on Sukumvit soi 61 beginning Sept 22 at 10h00 running over the weekend, they do this three times per year. (Insiders and VIP customers can go 21st). Some of it is usually contemporary to modern and reasonable for the quality, while quite a bit is just too formal and high end. Note the first day, actually the first hour, the place is swarmed by hi so Bangkokians snatching up the best pieces. Call first to confirm sale is on before making a special trip:

Chanintr Living Ltd.
2/4 Nai Lert Tower, 10th Floor,
Wireless Road, Lumpini, Patumwan,
Bangkok 10330, Thailand
Tel: +66.2655.5188 Ext. 161
Fax: +66.2655.5189

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » September 10, 2011, 7:55 am

Thank you for the information rct. At this stage we will still be living in Australia as I'm committed to the company I'm working for at the present time.
My wife and I just wanted to make sure that we purchased of the Le Cellini houses, before they all sold and whilst the exchange rate is so good, with a view to making a more permanent move in the future.
At this stage we will only be spending short periods of time in Udon so we will most likely take our time furnishing the place.
I do look forward to spending some time there and meeting our neighbours.

cheers

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » September 10, 2011, 10:44 pm

So,if I already own the land,what would the cost be of A small house 1 level,2 bedroom cost,on average?

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » September 10, 2011, 11:11 pm

Depends on the quality you want. Every builder will tell you they use the best parts.
I beleive the cheapest way to build and to make sure you have the quality is to supply the parts yourself and do a deal for the labour.
I think about 10,000 baht per square meter is an average with building parts supplied by builder

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » September 11, 2011, 7:53 am

I stumbled upon Greivous' Nongbbualamphu house for sale in the sale section, looks like a great place especially if he built for the prices mentioned above, and I saw he stated part of his motive to be in Udon city is for his children's education.

Hadn't thought of much it, though there are no retirees living in our project (although I do not have details on 2-3 buyers). A neighbor and I are the oldest at barely past 50, while the rest are in their 40's and 30's, most with children. Proximity to schools and city conveniences was always a factor in our decision. A friend with two children at same school as ours, which is Paramin, currently lives outside the ring road south of town, and it seems quite a long drive for him making two round trips per day to school. We live less than one mile away.

Sept 8 I went to the US embassy consular visit at Napalai, even aged over 50 boy did I ever feel young walking in there, the room was full of white haired AARP members. They look like a different market segment.

grievous
udonmap.com

Post by grievous » September 11, 2011, 8:44 am

Hi rct I'm aged 41 and my children attended Paramin school also. I believe my daughter, Jada, was in the same class as your son.
My previous employment allowed me to fly in and out of thailand regularly and at that stage we wanted to be close to our children's school and friends.
My employment, at the present time, requires me to live in western Australia. I am forward looking to live in Le Cellini in the future with my wife and children.
The house for sale in Nongbua is our house. We originally built it for a holiday house but ended up living there for ten months.
I think it's a good buy as it cost 1.8 million and the sale price is 1.5 million.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » September 11, 2011, 9:47 am

"even aged over 50 boy did I ever feel young walking in there"

Don't let that go to your head. When we first moved here, I was 46 and easily one of the youngest in town (at that time). 15 years later, I'm in with the in crowd. Don't worry, you'll get to join soon enough.

Back on topic, what's with the shop houses in front of Celini? Other than Udon's fanciest internet shop, I haven't seen any action there. That's a good location, with all the students that pass by, but maybe the prices are out of range for the typical shop house. Anyone know what the internet shop there charges per hour??

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » September 11, 2011, 10:56 am

SHOPHOUSES
Wish there was a luxury coffee shop with simple food too! Parrot no idea of internet rates, and what a waste that unit is. Another is "Kumon" tutorial school for elementary school kids. Others are simply residences for now, or sold but unoccupied, they were all sold long ago. Wish I would have boght one but at the time my wife didn't want it as she thought too expensive also. Those are beautiful shophouses inside and out, and given they are 5 meters wide, 13 meters long, nice finishing on four levels (three full plus 1/2 mezzanine) plus the 5th rooftop level, they were a bargain at around 6 million baht. Views on the back are of the pool and estate and they look as nice from the back as they do the front. Can you say that about other shophouses in this kingdom?

Compare the quality and prices of these with that new shophouse row development behind City Lodge, where the price per square meter probably not so different, and the quality, while nice, probably not the same.

During peak after school hours, shopchouse customers' cars park at the entrance to the estate on the red and white stripes (that indicate no stopping at all allowed) which can make it challenging to safely exit the estate by car.

Parrot I was a young pup when arrived in Thailand, age 34. Fortunately life here is keeping me young, vs aging me faster!

Return to “House & Land”