เงิน = money ทอง = gold

Thai Society and culture, Living in Thailand.
parrot
udonmap.com

เงิน = money ทอง = gold

Post by parrot » June 12, 2016, 3:13 pm

There's a saying in Thai that goes :
เมื่อตัวเงินตัวทองคลานเข้าบ้าน ให้พูดแต่สิ่งดี ๆ ไม่ให้ไล่

And so, today, when we spotted this beaut with its head all twisted up in some netting in our yard, I was able to cut it free.....but it looked as if it were dead. My wife, ever the life-giver, gave it her style of CPR, and soon enough, it let out a hiss. Ready to get back to life in the jungle.
Over the years, my wife has done the same for a variety of birds including chickens, owls, humming birds, and doves, a cat, a dog, and now a large lizard.
Attachments
20160612_141305 (1).jpg

neeemu
udonmap.com

เงิน = money ทอง = gold

Post by neeemu » June 12, 2016, 3:46 pm

Must be the only Thai that wouldn't eat that entire list

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: เงิน = money ทอง = gold

Post by parrot » August 24, 2016, 11:58 am

Well, as Gomer Pyle used to say, "surprise, surprise, surprise!". While yakking with our gardener this morning, I spotted what I thought was a very large butterfly lizard......we have several burrowed in the ground.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leiolepis

But when I pointed it out to my garderer, he said it was a baby water monitor......probably from the adult we saved from our netting a few months ago. Significantly bigger than any of the butterfly lizards we've spotted in our yard.

And in discussing animals, modern days versus years ago, our gardener exposed one of the unknown benefits of mobile phones/facebook/LINE/and TV. "Kids today have no time to go hunting. They're too busy on their phones." That might explain why today's kids are having less sex than their parents did when they were young.
http://time.com/4435058/millennials-virgins-sex/

Return to “Society and culture”