Netflix in Thailand..some questions i have..

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Netflix in Thailand..some questions i have..

Post by DuiDui49 » February 6, 2017, 7:17 am

...i was wondering if you who have Netflix in Thailand i've been told/read that it's VERY restricted when it comes the product it self.And also only have (well that's what Goole says)maybe 10-20 % of the range/services of US...Is that true?

Then we come to Geoblocking,can i reach the same services here in Thailand by using my VPN/DNS Geoblocking/Unblocking ?

Inputs are most welcome..thanks in advance..Have a good day everyone..:-)

Armyvet
udonmap.com

Re: Netflix in Thailand..some questions i have..

Post by Armyvet » February 6, 2017, 8:19 am

Yes Netflix is available here. We recently bought a new tv and the installer also put Netflix in. Having used it for over a month and not really happy I now have Amazon Prime to compare. Netflix frankly drives me crazy with their categories and having tv programs intermixed plus the same movies in several different categories. Amazon seems to have it better organized tho maybe with fewer movies. At least tv programs are in the tv category where thy should be and Bollywood has its own categories. At the moment I give Amazon the nod as they seem to have more movies of interest to me.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » February 6, 2017, 8:42 am

Thanks Armyvet for the replye.This is maybe someting for you..tell me if it works for you..OK.

https://www.momdeals.com/mom-hacks/thes ... gories-693

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 6, 2017, 11:30 am

I guess my experience with net was just different I enjoyed it.

I'm trying to get Roku hooked up now to go with it instead of [laying it through a computer

We to bough a new TV and Netflix is in it. I guess I have to at for anew account now. The old one expired.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Post by UdonExpat » February 7, 2017, 12:28 am

When in Udon from Sep 15 - Feb 16 Netflix came online in Thailand. In Thailand I had been using a VPN to access the US version of Netflix. The Thai version had noticeably fewer offerings, although I don't have any idea of the percentage. I thought the Thai content was excluding graphic violence, smoking, and others. At that time Netflix said they were going to begin blocking VPN access from outside the US, although that didn't happen during the time I was there. I was able to access my account in either way.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » February 7, 2017, 6:12 am

We are enjoying one series on the TV section blacklist worth a look

tutone
udonmap.com

Post by tutone » February 7, 2017, 7:35 am

RichardT
udonmap.com

Post by RichardT » February 14, 2017, 10:52 am

I really recommend https://www.iflix.com/ It's cheap and has a good range of movies and tv shows, you can also download to mobile devices to watch offline, etc. But the best thing about it is that everything has Thai subtitles you can switch on and off so it's perfect for watching stuff with your thai partner (assuming she's interested in something with a plot!). It's only for SE Asia so is also geared well to work with crap internet!

It has a lot of thai, japanese and korean stuff but a pretty impressive range of US/EU shows too. Some really good recent ones like Fargo, Sons of Anarchy and Mr Robot. I think it's only about a year or two old and it's legit (despite looking like a netflix rip off) so they're adding newer and better content all the time.

I'm not in anyway associated with it but posting this selfishly because the more people that use it the better their content will get, and of course because I like to help ;)

LoneTraveler
udonmap.com

Post by LoneTraveler » February 15, 2017, 10:51 am

RichardT wrote:I really recommend https://www.iflix.com/ It's cheap and has a good range of movies and tv shows, you can also download to mobile devices to watch offline, etc. But the best thing about it is that everything has Thai subtitles you can switch on and off so it's perfect for watching stuff with your thai partner (assuming she's interested in something with a plot!). It's only for SE Asia so is also geared well to work with crap internet!

It has a lot of thai, japanese and korean stuff but a pretty impressive range of US/EU shows too. Some really good recent ones like Fargo, Sons of Anarchy and Mr Robot. I think it's only about a year or two old and it's legit (despite looking like a netflix rip off) so they're adding newer and better content all the time.

I'm not in anyway associated with it but posting this selfishly because the more people that use it the better their content will get, and of course because I like to help ;)
I agree; www.iflix.com is a good site with quality picture and sound. I recently tried their free service and downloaded a tv show to my computer, smooth operation. The problem I have is, I find it tiring to watch videos on my computer 14" screen. I prefer to stream to my smart tv for a larger screen option. However, they do not provide this service yet although they tell me they are working on it and should be available soon, that is when I will subscribe to the service.

RichardT
udonmap.com

Post by RichardT » February 15, 2017, 11:51 am

LoneTraveler wrote:
RichardT wrote:The problem I have is, I find it tiring to watch videos on my computer 14" screen.
Yeah I agree mate, but I bought a cheap HDMI cable to connect my laptop to my 24" TV and it works great - still good quality picture and sound. I have a wireless mouse too so use it as a remote control. All works pretty well, especially for B100 per month. :D

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”