Netflix

Technical Questions & Discussions about Computers, IT & electronics.
parrot
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by parrot » January 7, 2016, 2:13 pm

We've subscribed to UBC for umpteen years (19).......but I may be more prepared than ever to cut the cord:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... th-caveats

I just signed up and streamed my first movie.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by Aardvark » January 7, 2016, 4:04 pm

Good news. Last time I was in Udon I tried to access my Netflix account from Oz but wasn't allowed. Will make a nice difference for me next visit =D>

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by UdonExpat » January 8, 2016, 9:17 am

Yes, good news. I've been using a VPN to access my US account. No longer any need for that.

Here's the list of where it is available - https://help.netflix.com/en/node/14164

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by FrazeeDK » January 8, 2016, 9:53 am

I checked the site and the introductory offer is "free" for one month but you have to give them your credit card info up front..

Parrot, how was the connectivity and streaming experience?
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by parrot » January 8, 2016, 12:21 pm

Yes, to sign up (for most anything that offers 'one month free') you provide credit card info. If you choose to cancel before the one-month-free period, you won't be charged.

My connectivity and streaming experience, thus far, perfect. No problems. I think my TOT line must have been upgraded while we were in the US last year.......as I'm no longer experiencing slowdowns like I did previously.

bumper
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by bumper » January 8, 2016, 12:32 pm

Well that was all I wanted hope they take Pay Pal they did before.

Can yoy down load form the links posted?
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

noosard
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by noosard » January 8, 2016, 12:42 pm

Parrot said
"My connectivity and streaming experience, thus far, perfect. No problems. I think my TOT line must have been upgraded while we were in the US last year.......as I'm no longer experiencing slowdowns like I did previously. +

Am with TOT as well, while it has improved, I still have slowdowns and no play
This 4g coming has the telco companies upgrading systems
So here is hoping
3BBB came to our village and said they may start transmitting in this area
This may also encourage better internet thru competition

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by BigBubba » January 13, 2016, 4:36 pm

Well, as it turns out, this is not 100% of Netflix's total programming that's available in the states. One series that I just started watching, House of Cards, is not available on the "filtered" link available here in Thailand. I still have to use a VPN to watch. Great series about the seedy underside of politics inside the D.C. beltway. Probably more truth in it than you could get anyone to admit.
Every day I wake up is a good day.

UdonExpat
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by UdonExpat » January 14, 2016, 5:41 pm

I have the same experience as BigBubba. Many of my favorites are not available in Thailand. It may be something to do with the rating systems. The Thai system has such things as 13+ and 16+. The US system, PG, R, MA, etc. Looks like the more 'mature' ratings are not available here, as well as those that have no rating, NR.
So will continue to use my VPN for some shows.
My streaming experience is better with the Thai connection than the VPN.

parrot
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by parrot » January 15, 2016, 11:30 am

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by BobHelm » January 15, 2016, 11:44 am

It will be interesting to see how they achieve that.
It would be possible to spot IP addresses used by a large number of users & then block them, but it is probably not even that simple..
It would possibly mean that they would have to ban anyone from using TOR.
I suspect that this is a company declaration more for certain Government consumption than something they will vigorously pursue to extinction. :D

If they do achieve it then there is always the availability of KickAss & similar torrent sites to download & watch just about anything shown anywhere..

p.s. I use Kodi. It currently shows the 3 series of House of Cards. Series 4 starts 4th. March in the USA..

parrot
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by parrot » January 15, 2016, 12:20 pm

Strangely enough HOC is show on UBC, so cant figure out the reason it's not on Netflix here.
At this point I consider my $7.50ish well spent and will keep my fingers crossed that Netflix work out the new country kinks

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by BigBubba » January 16, 2016, 3:48 pm

Here's more info in a Post article:

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... th-caveats

parrot
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by parrot » January 19, 2016, 4:42 pm

Currently watching "Making a Murderer".......no actors, no scripted dialogue.....documentary sort of story and enjoying it. Next up, probably "Narcos". Which makes me wonder if they allow a show like Narcos in Thailand, what would be the holdup on any other show. I'm confident as time goes on more will be added to their menu. Seems to be worth the bang for the buck.

neeemu
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by neeemu » January 20, 2016, 11:50 pm

Making a Murderer is a great watch but will leave you fuming at the US Justice system, which is evidently as bad as countries in South East Asia...

I really enjoyed Narcos and having only a vague knowledge of Pablo it was very interesting, particularly how much money he actually made.

parrot
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by parrot » January 24, 2016, 9:02 pm

Not Netflix, but if you want to binge watch HOC, seasons 1, 2, 3 and then the new season 4, you can do it on UBC Gold in Feb/Mar

neeemu
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by neeemu » January 24, 2016, 11:15 pm

parrot wrote:Currently watching "Making a Murderer".......
If you enjoyed Making a Murderer, try The Jinx, about Robert Durst's trial. Very strange individual who I was unfamiliar with prior to watching.

parrot
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by parrot » January 26, 2016, 8:47 pm

UdonExpat wrote:I have the same experience as BigBubba. Many of my favorites are not available in Thailand. It may be something to do with the rating systems. The Thai system has such things as 13+ and 16+. The US system, PG, R, MA, etc. Looks like the more 'mature' ratings are not available here, as well as those that have no rating, NR.
So will continue to use my VPN for some shows.
My streaming experience is better with the Thai connection than the VPN.

Narcos would probably qualify for 'mature' ratings....certainly more than you'll ever see on True/UBC. But it's available here on Netflix....uncensored.

BigBubba
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by BigBubba » January 27, 2016, 1:44 pm

parrot wrote:

Narcos would probably qualify for 'mature' ratings....certainly more than you'll ever see on True/UBC. But it's available here on Netflix....uncensored.
About half-way through season 1 now. Riveting entertainment, especially since it's at least based on a true story. Totally forgot about the Avianca flight that was brought down by Escobar and his henchmen. My only complaint is that it's at least 50% in Spanish, with English subtitles, so if I get sleepy and close my eyes for a bit I can't just listen to the dialogue. :roll: :lol:

frankdemchenko
udonmap.com

Netflix

Post by frankdemchenko » January 27, 2016, 3:41 pm

are you guys using a VPN. did you sign up for Netflix on the VPN because people say you can"t get the us Netflix overseas

Return to “Computers, IT & Electronics”