Nice inexpensive gifts for Thai girlfriend?

Long distance relationships, mixed relationships etc...
The Hose
udonmap.com

Nice inexpensive gifts for Thai girlfriend?

Post by The Hose » January 5, 2007, 6:51 am

My Thai friend has been to the US several times and I'm headed back there in Feb to spend some time with her.

We get a chance to talk almost everyday via Yahoo IM.

One thing that she would like me to bring her are some Krispy Kreme donuts. Other than that, she says not to bring her anything.

What are some nice little gifts I can bring her that a 26 year old Thai girl might like?

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » January 5, 2007, 6:57 am

Go to a mall and buy any makeup or perfume. Coming from the states even though they have the same brand in Thailand is considered awsome. Not sure whay but the stuff the wife has given is very well accepted and she is told how much better it is than Thailand. Go figure.

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » January 5, 2007, 7:54 am

I've always found that Perfume is one of the No.1 gifts that are well accepted with genuine gratitude :D
Most of the "Branded" names you can get in Thailand are copies :cry: ... and as Banpaeng states its not the same when you buy it in Thailand :roll:
I'd get her something from the Duty free shop at the airport on the way over :) ....My last visit I got the G/f a sample pack of Christian Dior so she got the chance to try 6 different scents (for less than the price of buying one normal bottle :wink: ) and she was over the moon with them 8)
Now I know what she likes (and what she doesn't) which is good for when i have to send the odd birthday gift (red Cross parcel :lol: ) or next vist etc.etc. :lol: :lol:
Sometimes it pays to spend less to gain knowledge in the long term :wink:
:lol: :lol: Get the Donuts too!!! :lol: :lol:
Bring back Saint

The Hose
udonmap.com

Post by The Hose » January 5, 2007, 9:22 am

Great ideas guys. I like the idea of the small sample bottles.

This isn't your typical Thai girl. She's a 1/4 Irish and grew up in NewZealand. She's traveled all over the world with her family and is a teacher in BKK.

She's never been married and doesn't have children. I don't have children either, but I was married for a few years.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 5, 2007, 5:21 pm

Not sure about amounts you are talking about so....

silver jewellry.(if she likes silver)
Quality Make-up.(preferably with a make-up case)
Quality Perfume.
A framed Photo of yourself.
A Watch, branded name, Citizen etc
A Branded name Handbag.
Branded name sunglasse's.
A puppy dog.(vaccinated of course! )
Possibly chocolates (not snickers ! )

ok so 2 of the above are in just for good measure ! .:lol:
not sure of time span you are travelling but won't the do-nuts be a bit hard by then . :!:

valentine

Post by valentine » January 5, 2007, 5:38 pm

beer monkey wrote:Not sure about amounts you are talking about so....

silver jewellry.(if she likes silver)

A Watch, branded name, Citizen etc
! )

. :!:
BM. you are joking of course. Silver, have you ever seen a Thai girl older than 5 years wearing silver?
A watch, now thats getting serious, but branded name Citizen :?: ROLEX
ROLEX, the way to a girls heart. Or as the ads say"Do you care enough to buy her a Rolex :lol:

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » January 5, 2007, 7:21 pm

Interestingly enough, my wife was going through some of the things I brought with me when I retired. One of the items that caught her attention was a silver bracelet that was once my mothers. She wears it all the time.;o)

jetdoc
udonmap.com

Post by jetdoc » January 5, 2007, 7:23 pm

OH forgot to say, She's 29.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 5, 2007, 11:26 pm

well i was working on the theory of lower price, Sure Rolex is the best and is for life !! but would a Thai girl really appreciate such a quality time peice as us gents do. Nahhhhh now if it was a Fashion brand of time piece like Gucci or carlos fandango or even Luigi Fettucini expresso...... Maybe.
And i disagree with you on the silver jewellry bit and agree with jetdoc, my Mrs likes some of that but she loves Thai tong better (naturally), but we are talking cost here as Mr Hose's original post stated.

valentine

Post by valentine » January 6, 2007, 6:44 am

Yup see your point BM. Why buy a watch thats going to be still going when the T/G or T/W has long gone :?: :lol: Maybe a Citizen is about right. :lol:
As for the silver. So long as you also give her a good bar of soap to get the black off her wrist. Maipenrai. :roll:

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 6, 2007, 10:08 am

We are talking a "Branded" bar of soap of course.. :wink: :lol:

so there you go Hose a few more ideas for ya.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 8, 2007, 12:26 am

Being sceptical - anything with a 'brand name' would immediately be suspected as being a copy.
How many people do you see walking around Thailand with Rolex watches - and then wonder if they paid more or less than 500 baht for it?
Even if you insist it is real - how many would believe you ?
Being in England - having the right name on your clothing or footwear was extremely important. Here in Thailand I have learned that the name means nothing !

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » January 8, 2007, 8:15 am

Paul wrote:Being sceptical - anything with a 'brand name' would immediately be suspected as being a copy.
Rather than skeptical - I would suspect cynical Paul...

We are talking about gifts being brought by a falang from another country when he is coming to visit someone. The stereotype of a falang being rich will prevail - and the gift will not be suspected as being a copy.

The above is true unless the falang has already proven, or proves after arrival, that he is a cheap Charlie. :)
Ain't Easy Being Me

valentine

Post by valentine » January 8, 2007, 8:18 am

Every Thai girl I have ever met could instantly tell a genuine from a copy Rolex :lol: Don't ask me how, maybe its the smell or something :lol: :lol:

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 8, 2007, 9:28 am

:lol: I have a rolex that I used to wear everywhere and I have never seen a copy that I could not spot instantly!Just pick it up and hold it,you will immediately know!I wear $45 casio in Thailand!

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 8, 2007, 12:27 pm

valentine wrote:Every Thai girl I have ever met could instantly tell a genuine from a copy Rolex :lol: Don't ask me how, maybe its the smell or something :lol: :lol:
i don't think the girls smell, its not really that hard to spot as soon as you pick one up you can feel the qaulity and weight and the work thats gone in to one thats why they should last a life time.
copys fall to peices soon after you arrive back home. lol

i would certainly feel happier about buying a brand name from farangland than an unknown make.

Funman
udonmap.com

Post by Funman » January 8, 2007, 12:38 pm

I have somewhat of a similar problem except it's just the opposite. I need a nice inexpensive Thai girlfriend to buy gifts for. :? Any suggestions on that one?

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » January 8, 2007, 11:14 pm

An inexpensive Thai girlfriend ? wow thats a tough one - don't think you will find what you are looking for ! :)

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » January 9, 2007, 1:16 pm

i need a nice in-expensive thai girlfriend
just search out the girl that has everything. lol
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 9, 2007, 1:57 pm

Something that has caught her eye or something you 'know'' she likes!I think cute cards and flowers are always great because they show that she is in your thoughts.Thoughtfulness is always appreciated in a healthy relationship!If it isn't,then maybe you should re-evaluate your relationship!I know that I would be long gone if it wasn't in mine!

Return to “Relationships”