Isaan Entertainment: Where is this?

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Isaan Entertainment: Where is this?

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 19, 2009, 3:30 am

No, this is not Jintara. It is Tai Oratai performing perhaps at the Phu Phrabat National Park.

I have been to the park but do not recognise this part of it.

Can anyone confirm whether this video was filmed at Phu Phrabat or not? The song is, 'Isaan Entertainment', and it was released on 25 June 2009.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kyMqDFQDZ48&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kyMqDFQDZ48&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fawn
udonmap.com

Re: Isaan Entertainment: Where is this?

Post by Fawn » July 19, 2009, 4:24 am

Tilokarat wrote:Can anyone confirm whether this video was filmed at Phu Phrabat or not?
Apparently so.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 19, 2009, 4:41 am

Solly can't confirm your question Tilo, but Fawn seems to know.....

She looks nice, great ears too as i like them, took a while to get going though (1.4minutes)...and the landscape resembles a distant planet, or something similar.
Nice song/tune.
Thanks.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 19, 2009, 4:52 am

Khun Fawn it is the stretch water that threw me off because I did not see it when visiting the park. But then the very good friend did not want to spend too much time walking around in the sun and the heat, so my visit was limited to about 45 minutes, a few photos, and a short walk.

Khun Beer Monkey, yes, the ears, you are an ear man, how could I forget?!?

Thanks you two, always a pleasure.

Shado
udonmap.com

Post by Shado » July 19, 2009, 7:45 am

The location is not Phu Phrabat. We've been there a number of times and it is not like the landscape in the video. The wife thinks the video location may be near Ubon Ratchathani, possibly at the Mun river.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 19, 2009, 8:07 am

Thanks for the tip. The river in the vcd throw me off because I saw nothing like that in the limited area i visited at Phu Phrabat with my dear friend.

Now I am curious and want to visit this area as it looks interesting.

There are some other videos on this vcd that do look very similar to Phu Phrabat. I will upload them another time, and see what you and your wife think.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » July 19, 2009, 8:34 am

Yes, it MAY be Phataem in Ubon, a little up from the confluence of the Moon and Mekong rivers. Lovely views. The farms alongside the river, underneath the plateau/cliff, looked rather lush.(I was there recently for the Ubon Candle Festival, rather special too.) But it doesn't look QUITE the same as the place we and seemingly everybody made for, appreciating it might appear different at various times of year.

Whenever I view these videos of dancing ladies near the edge of cliffs, I swear one of them is going to fall off in her enthusiasm. :yikes:

Incidentally, one sign which caused me to giggle. Next to cliff edge - "No Poking" . Well, I've heard of 6 mile high clubs etc.but ......! Having a dictionary is one thing; knowing how to use it another! :lol:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 19, 2009, 9:36 am

Thanks Brian.

I have been googling Pha Taem and discovered there are three national parks in the area, which have unique rock formations and views of the Mun and/or Mekong rivers. So far, I have not seen any photos to be able to compare to the ones in the video.

But, the area sure looks interesting, and apparently one of the parks has perhaps the largest collection of petroglyphs in the world. It is worth a look.

seymourbutts
udonmap.com

Post by seymourbutts » July 19, 2009, 2:02 pm

Didnt andy williams sing a song about that river?? the name of the song escapes me now!!!!

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » July 19, 2009, 2:03 pm

Shado wrote:The location is not Phu Phrabat.
Whoops! Sorry Uncle Tilo.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 19, 2009, 4:59 pm

Fawn wrote:
Shado wrote:The location is not Phu Phrabat.
Whoops! Sorry Uncle Tilo.

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » July 19, 2009, 5:07 pm

Yes, I'm a silly old sausage. Good job Uncle Tilo wasn't Udon side or he'd be off up the road to Phu Prahbat in his Samlor Krung to go and pay homage to the site where the vdo was filmed.

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » July 19, 2009, 5:12 pm

Take a peek on here Tilo......

Good job Uncle Tilo wasn't Udon side or he'd be off up the road to Phu Prahbat in his Samlor Krung to go and pay homage to the site where the vdo was filmed.
Yes and his 'Velly Good Friend' wouldn't be to chuffed to be dragged out to the wrong place either....!!

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 19, 2009, 11:45 pm

Yes, Seymour, the song was 'Moon River', and it is forever immortalised in the movie 'Breakfast with the Tiffany Boys'.

No, BM and Fawn, you have it all wrong about my very good friend. Oh, she would be peeved alright; however, it would be a perfect opportunity for her to demand that I must purchase eight or more new handbags in case the opportunity ever arose that she needed one of them sometime in the distant future.

In fact, one time in the Siam Square complex she went on a handbag purchase binge, at my expense of course. Finally, I made her succumb to the inevitable, and halt the spree at six. I made the mistake of asking her why she needed so many. The answer was, 'well, sometimes I just like to look at them'. I have not bought her a handbag since.

Last summer, she went on a flurry of buying shoes...why...same thing, 'nice to see'.

I hope she never gets a taste for diamonds, rubies and the like because they might be really, really nice to gaze at during the day and night.

Anyway, here is another video by Tai, and the scenery sure reminds me of Phu Phrabat National Park. I suppose it could be one of the three parks near Ubon too. Can anyone confirm that this is Ubon, and not Phu Phrabat?

By the way, Tai is from the Ubon area so it makes sense that she would film near her home.

Oh Khun BM, there are ears galore...enjoy. This one is called, 'Flirt First...and then...'.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yNzZSFM8-B0&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yNzZSFM8-B0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » July 20, 2009, 12:23 am

Oh, thank the Lord for that. 8-[ I had visions of pleading for mercy as your very good friend sharpened her Emasculator in the back yard. Never mind, I've been to Phu Prahbat a couple of times as well. Maybe I should reconnoitre Jangwat Ubon so I don't make the same mistake again.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 20, 2009, 12:53 am

Yes, we can climb the hills and get a good view of Laos and Cambodia and then make our dash to freedom whilst the ladies are in Ubon town stocking up on useless items. There is less to purchase, in one of those two countries, so our new...forget this.

Anyone could have made that error in regard to Phu Prabat, and I am certain my good friend would have forgotten the miscue in about 5 years. Wait, women never forget do they? Last year, I got one of these....'remember two and a half years ago in the morning of December 12 at ten in the morning when you said'....the result of this one-sided exchange was a seven hour marathon at the Fairy Plaza in Khon Kaen. Or was it? Maybe it was at MBK in Bangkok. I will have to ask the expert, "she who never forgets a word I say that upsets her".

Khun Paul might find there are less drawbacks to disturb his mind about Thai wives on those sides of the border too

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » July 20, 2009, 1:26 am

They would hunt us down like the dogs we are. And you would miss your Jintara Poonlap, Me and Tai Oratai CDs (cos you won't be able to listen to capitalist pop music in Laos) and then you'd get homesick for the North American blizzards.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 20, 2009, 1:43 am

Yes, the ladies would hunt us down like dogs and then we would be cowed into purchasing truckloads of useless material things that Buddhists are supposed to avoid.

It is true that one gets attached to those -20 degree temperatures with high winds in January and February.

An interesting point is that half of the subscribers to my youtube channel are Lao, and they 'claim' Isaan singers, Jintara and Tai as their own.

One of them went a bit overboard, and by the end of the comments on a video was claiming Isaan for a greater Lao nation. First, he began arguing that the Thais stole the Phra Kaeo (the emerald Buddha) from the Viang Chan (Vientiane) kingdom, and then pronounced that the recent yellow/red shirt, economic troubles in Thailand can all be linked to the taking of this Buddha image. He concluded by hoping the Isaan people will rise up and join Laos.

I did not want to provoke him too much in case he gives my Jintara and Tai videos a low rating, but I did point out that the image was first in Chiang Mai and then the Lao Luang Phrabang individual took it to his home capital so that the image rightly belongs to the old Kingdom of Lanna. He has not contacted me since. In fact, he thought that I was Isaan Thai until I told him that I was a old Canadian guy with a passion for Thai/Isaan music and a lady who forgets nothing I say, and punishes me accordingly.

I cannot see the post I made about the rice farmers, where did it go if not to one of the outer gas giant planets?

Fawn
udonmap.com

Post by Fawn » July 20, 2009, 1:48 am

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/t ... 14506.html

Click on the link above, have you mislaid your spectacles? :nosey:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » July 20, 2009, 1:52 am

Well, when I click on your link, there it is like magic; however, it is not on this front page of udonmap. And, it still is not there. This thread is here, but not the rice thread.

My head hurts thinking about this weighty problem. It is time to listen to some Isaan music, and to plan the great Isaan uprising to join Laos to achieve peace, prosperity and happiness.

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”