BOOK OF THAI HOUSES

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
didlev88

BOOK OF THAI HOUSES

Post by didlev88 » October 20, 2009, 7:05 pm

Hello,

I have seen on another forum some (old) information about some books :

"house design books by Home Collection Group available in all decent sized bookstores, cost about 350 baht all sizes and styles of house's available in the books. If you after a bungalow then buy book number 120, ISBN No 978-974-8418-90-2."

I live in France and can't find those books on internet. Is there anybody to help me ? I am looking after books of thai houses for built. Not only plans, but with several pictures if possible.

Is there a bookstore in Udon to buy those books or similar ?

Thank you !

Didier

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: BOOK OF THAI HOUSES

Post by BobHelm » October 20, 2009, 7:23 pm

Didier. There are a large number of Thai books available showing various designs for houses. Nearly all the ones I have seen have pretty detailed 'plans' for the build, rather than just pictures. So something a (junior) architect might want to inspire him. Most of them also contain estimates for the building cost of the design - but, obviously, the further from original published date the book is the less reliable.
The fact that most of the writing is in Thai is not a huge disadvantage with many of them as they are mainly pictorial/design based.
The book shop (sorry I have no idea of its' name) on the bottom floor of the complex has a great many of these books immediately to the left as you enter it. That is enter the Complex at the doors nearest the traffic lights. Immediately as you enter there is a Thai bookshop to your right, NOT that one (although it may well have them) On the opposite wall from that shop is a bank, the book shop I am talking about is to the right of that bank - cannot really miss it!!

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 21, 2009, 12:11 am

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » October 27, 2009, 8:07 am

Why is it that good manners are sometimes non existent on the internet? Is it because you are a faceless entity and people think it doesn't matter. If someone in the street asked for your help with directions and after giving them they just walked off without saying "thank you" you'd be a bit miffed.
Take the originator of this topic. He comes on here asking for help, I duly reply with the information he wants. He later logs on and can't be bothered to type in 5 words, "Thank you for your help" How long does that take?, 20 seconds? I'm not looking for a pat on the back or a medal, just asking for a bit of common curtisy. Maybe my expectations are too high.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 27, 2009, 10:01 am

That is like many falangs here in Thailand!They look at you,you say ''Hello'',and they don't respond,walking right on by :roll:

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » October 27, 2009, 12:57 pm

BKKSTAN wrote:That is like many falangs here in Thailand!They look at you,you say ''Hello'',and they don't respond,walking right on by :roll:
Stangely enough this is often commented on, it is one of my pet hates...meeting rude farangs,
I accept that everyone doesnt want to befriend everyone they meet; but common courtesy costs nothing...
after all ..
if you pass a pig it will grunt.

homer
udonmap.com

Post by homer » October 30, 2009, 3:51 am

Hi Galee, I also am in the planning stages of building a house in Thailand and still haven't quite nailed down what I looking for yet. So for what it's worth, i appreciate you taking the time to post the info so that I can have a look through too. Many thanks :D

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » October 31, 2009, 12:35 pm

Galee

Thanks for your imput

broon97
udonmap.com

Post by broon97 » March 7, 2010, 6:39 pm

Galee,

Found your post very useful, many thanks

ergman
udonmap.com

Post by ergman » March 7, 2010, 7:46 pm

Galee..I just wanted to also say that was kind of you to take the time to provide that information. There are many people here on the forum that take the time to do something like that and no one says thank you.....and if someone says hi to me on the street of course they will get a smile and hi back. :D :D :D

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » March 7, 2010, 8:07 pm

Thank you for the feed back. Glad I was able to help. :D

Falang in Paradise

BOOK OF THAI HOUSES

Post by Falang in Paradise » June 28, 2014, 3:23 pm

This is the book in question. It is available at Se-Ed Bookstore, as well as others. Excellent reference!
Attachments
IMG_20140628_152219.jpg
Home Collection Group
Bangkok, Thailand

Return to “House & Land”