THE POWER OF MONEY

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

THE POWER OF MONEY

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 21, 2010, 9:21 am

Well, here is a tale of woe, a bit of Thai blues:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/roxGh9yBcsU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/roxGh9yBcsU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

trubrit
udonmap.com

Re: THE POWER OF MONEY

Post by trubrit » June 21, 2010, 10:46 am

Thank you Tilo. What a change to see a Thai group sitting down and concentrating on the music instead
of jigging around .Sunaree Ratchasima. A native of Korat where she lives with her husband and two sons on a farm raising fighting cocks .
How appropriate the words. When you have money you can do everything . :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » June 21, 2010, 12:46 pm

Love the bass players magic sunglasses :-k
Now you see them ... now you don't! :lol: :lol:

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 21, 2010, 11:22 pm

panick wrote:Love the bass players magic sunglasses :-k
Now you see them ... now you don't! :lol: :lol:

Panick, they do not call Thailand the magical kingdom for nothing! Anything is possible here. 55555

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 22, 2010, 2:41 am

trubrit wrote:Thank you Tilo. What a change to see a Thai group sitting down and concentrating on the music instead
of jigging around .Sunaree Ratchasima. A native of Korat where she lives with her husband and two sons on a farm raising fighting cocks .
How appropriate the words. When you have money you can do everything . :lol:

Thanks for the comments, True Brit. Have you been reading the book about Sunaree? I wonder if this husband is the original one, for Sunaree has said that when she got married she was upset to discover that her husband had another wife who was pregnant.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » June 22, 2010, 3:38 pm

Hi Tilo,

Thanks for sharing this take on Thai blues. I would be interested to know if this type of music is readily available in Udon live?

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 23, 2010, 12:30 am

I am not sure if you can get performances like this in Udonthani; however, I am not really that informed about the clubs and music spots other than Tae Wan Daeng.

The singer of this song, Sunaree Ratchasima, is very high quality performer, and probably has the best voice of any singer in Thailand. She even has a waltz in her repertoire. Sunaree is known as the 'Queen of the Ballads', and that she is. But, she can sing anything, and sing it well. The one thing she does not do is dance. Sunaree has a few interesting jazz numbers, and songs that seem to combine jazz, blues and pop, and a few more blues ones that I will upload here in time.

Her new album provides a good example of her skill and quality as a vocalist.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 23, 2010, 8:42 am

Look forward to that Tilo. No I haven't read the book, my understanding of written Thai doesn't stretch that far . Purely limited to short newspaper items and the occasional karaoke song . \:D/ I did however meet her when she was performing in the night club of the hotel in Bangkok I was staying in a few years back .Boy I was down there every night for the whole month of her engagement . \:D/
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 24, 2010, 7:43 am

I am really envious that you got to see Sunaree perform for a month, and spoke with her too. Good for you!

I saw Sunaree perform live last year at the Scout Jamboree in Khorat. I video taped three of her songs; however, I never did get to speak with her.

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”