Storage in Udon Thani

Post your thoughts here if you are not sure where to post it!
Bubbagoes
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by Bubbagoes » October 11, 2006, 10:28 pm

Are there secure storage units anywhere in or around Udon Thani? Something large enough for a car, bike and household furniture? I haven't seen anything around town.

maaka
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by maaka » August 7, 2011, 5:41 am

Does anyone know the answer to the OP..I may need to store a motorbike for months on end in Udon..any secure storage places about that are cool inside

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by pienmash » August 7, 2011, 8:27 am

Hello fellas.

I cant help with big storage items like cars etc but i do store small things on the second floor of the shop in Adunyadhet rd . I have utilised this space as many customers were having problems finding somewhere to leave things while they are away working and dint want to leave the items in the village as god forbid the missus or her brother or her family may sell them or whatever . So far i have had big tvs , mountain bikes , portable ac units , suitcases , a motorbike , computors and my fav the fridge !!.

I charge per item per month 100 to 500 bt depending on the item being stored.

ABS-Relocations
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by ABS-Relocations » August 7, 2011, 9:14 am

Planing on making same as in BKK Self-storage where customer will pay per sqm. Not helping you guys right now, but not easy to finding the right place suitable enoug to make a right storage. Want it inside the ringroad.

maaka
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by maaka » August 7, 2011, 9:25 am

yes the last time I left my belonging with the family, it had all disappeared on my return, until I said that in my culture if someone steals something off me, or my family, I can then go around to his house and take something of equal value...that made them sit up, and take notice. I soon got my things back..

so Mr Mash, you are not adverse to having another motorbike in there. Would I have to ride it up the steps to the second floor, or do you have an elevator, or other means...just an equiry at this stage, but nice to know you run alittle service there..

papaguido
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by papaguido » August 7, 2011, 9:29 am

maaka wrote:Does anyone know the answer to the OP..I may need to store a motorbike for months on end in Udon..any secure storage places about that are cool inside
Don't know if Fuzzy Ken is still in the business of providing storage, but you can try asking:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... ge#p206765

maaka
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by maaka » August 7, 2011, 9:38 am

hurrah papa
good to know there are options..thanks for that..
easy access, rat free, dry and safe, thats want I need..
will try both members..

ABS-Relocations
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by ABS-Relocations » August 7, 2011, 10:11 am

When making storage for customer and when we dealing with their household/ personal belongings, it needs to be done properly. There must be 24 hour video surveillance. Customer receives a personal code to the front gate and a different code to the storage room. The place must temperature regulated and have ventilation. Frequently there has to made control of rat/mice and other pests. There must be someone in the office during the day and guard during the night. Further more we have to offer our customer insurance.
When we find the right facilities, we would be able to offer storage rooms from 2 sqm and maybe up to 75 sqm. But again finding the right place is not easy here in Udon.

Kind regards
ABS Relocations

pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by pienmash » August 7, 2011, 10:14 am

maaka wrote:yes the last time I left my belonging with the family, it had all disappeared on my return, until I said that in my culture if someone steals something off me, or my family, I can then go around to his house and take something of equal value...that made them sit up, and take notice. I soon got my things back..

so Mr Mash, you are not adverse to having another motorbike in there. Would I have to ride it up the steps to the second floor, or do you have an elevator, or other means...just an equiry at this stage, but nice to know you run alittle service there..
No probs ref the motorbike Maaka , the last one was a fino and went up the stairs fine i utilise 2 of the shops tuktuk delivery drivers (if youve got a Harley its a nono). I wasnt being anti Thai with my coment on possesions going missing whilr the cats away the mie will play etc but so mant customers heve told me tales of woe that their stuff had gone while they were back working for 3 months , it started off by accident when a mate left his mountain bike here as his previous 2 had been "lost" while he was away.

call in or mail me anytime.

maaka
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by maaka » August 7, 2011, 10:41 am

Thanks Mash, I will contact when, and if, all the other moons align, its all still on the drawing board at present.( money, trip , motorbike ) but one day in the not to distant future.
No it wont be my Hog, perhaps a Phantom which weighs alot less..

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by mathusalah80 » May 26, 2012, 12:40 pm

In August of last year ABS-Relocations wrote:

When we find the right facilities, we would be able to offer storage rooms from 2 sqm and maybe up to 75 sqm. But again finding the right place is not easy here in Udon.

An progress, in above regard, ABS? Any members know of any commercial storage facilties now available within reasonable distance of Udonthani, (i.e.100kms OK)? Thanks.

denz
udonmap.com

Storage in Udon Thani

Post by denz » August 4, 2012, 9:13 am

Anybody know of storage facilities for household items in Udon Thani area?

Return to “Open Forum”