Motorola Xoom 2

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
Chriss
udonmap.com

Motorola Xoom 2

Post by Chriss » February 27, 2012, 10:39 am

Does anyone know a store in Udon where I can buy a Motorola Xoom 2. See they're due into the UK beginning of March, would like to get one local if I can. Guess if there's somewhere that sells the Xoom 1 they can get a version 2.
Thanks

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Motorola Xoom 2

Post by BobHelm » February 28, 2012, 10:50 am

Sorry Chriss have not seen in any of the places that I would suspect might have.
Sadly the Complex is a real 'lottery' as to what is exactly where & for how long at the moment.
The best that I could glean from the press was...
Unfortunately, Motorola has not yet decided on a launch date for the Xoom 2 in Thailand, promising only a vague Q1 in Southeast Asia.

Chriss
udonmap.com

Motorola Xoom 2

Post by Chriss » February 28, 2012, 11:35 am

Thanks Bob, was hoping there was a dedicated Motorola store somewhere, will search for the same maybe in Bangkok.

danchatka
udonmap.com

Motorola Xoom 2

Post by danchatka » February 28, 2012, 12:45 pm

Just out of curiosity, why do you prefer the Xoom 2 over easier to get Android tablets, such as Samsung Galaxy Tab and Asus Transformer Prime? (I like talking/reading about the latest tech gadgets.)

High tech gadgets sometimes break. When that happens, it's often easier and cheaper to get them fixed, when they're popular where you live. The reason is, the local technicians have experience with them and replacement parts are more easily available.

If I lived in SE Asia and wanted an Android tablet, I'd prefer models from Samsung (Galaxy Tab 2), Asus (Transformer Prime) and maybe Lenovo.

Here are some lists of currently top rated Android tablets:
* http://reviews.cnet.com/best-tablets/be ... id-tablets
* http://www.techradar.com/news/mobile-co ... rld-905504

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Motorola Xoom 2

Post by BobHelm » February 29, 2012, 6:07 pm

Might be worthwhile 'holding your horses' for a week or so Chriss.
Apple have just announced that they are holding an 'event' on March 7th. in San Francisco concerning the next generation of i-pads.
While I am not much of an Apple products fan (Samsung Galaxy for me in the Pad world :D ) it should give a great idea of what the others will have to be releasing this year in order to keep up...
The Zoom 2 may almost be an 'old' product at launch which might make for some very attractive discounting later in the year!!

Chriss
udonmap.com

Motorola Xoom 2

Post by Chriss » March 1, 2012, 7:46 am

Danchatka,
I was just in the UK and was given a demo on the Motorola Xoom2 against the ipad and Samsung Galaxy. I'm not an Apple fan, seems to me once you're onboard they have you buttoned down to their way of life whereas an android tablet gives you a little more freedom. Between the Samsung and Motorola it was merely a personal choice on the one I felt more at ease using and was, to me, more asthetically pleasing, the spec seemed pretty much similar. Also the reason I posted the question was to see if I can actually get a Motorola here and I'd surely look at after sales support.

I agree Bob there may just be some decent deals later in the year, I'm not in any real rush to buy anything, just that the Xoom2 had all the bells and whistles I'll ever need in a tablet. Can't think of anything else I'd personally need. But that we'll see when Apple release the next generation ipad, you're right of course the rest will tag along.

I'm not like some of my firends who jumped on the bandwagon and bought the first gen ipad only to give it away when the ipad2 was released. I want to find a unit that meets my requirements and I'll not want to replace in a hurry and the Motorola seemed to tick all the boxes for me.

danchatka
udonmap.com

Motorola Xoom 2

Post by danchatka » March 1, 2012, 1:25 pm

Agreed, Android offers more freedom than Apple.

I've heard the new Xoom 2 feels nicer in the hands due to redesigned edge shape.

One thing I want in a computer/tablet/phone is reliability. In other words, I want the lowest chance it'll break and need repair. To find the most reliable brands, I read PCMagazine's "Reader's Choice Awards". If you haven't already read it, this info may interest you:

PCMag.com - Reader's Choice Awards for Tablets 2012
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2391859,00.asp

I hope you enjoy your new tablet.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”