Swift Code For Siam Commercial Bank

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
Greg Ledder
udonmap.com

Post by Greg Ledder » September 4, 2012, 9:34 pm

Hi everyone,

Just for future reference - does anyone know if a local swift code is needed for the siam commercial bank in the Udon area or will the Bangkok swift code (SICOTHBK) do for the transfer of money from the UK to Thailand?

Many thanks,

Greg :D

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » September 4, 2012, 9:37 pm

Greg Ledder wrote:Hi everyone,

Just for future reference - does anyone know if a local swift code is needed for the siam commercial bank in the Udon area or will the Bangkok swift code (SICOTHBK) do for the transfer of money from the UK to Thailand?

Many thanks,

Greg :D
SICOTHBK is the one to use whichever the branch Greg,

CC

roland22
udonmap.com

Post by roland22 » September 4, 2012, 9:50 pm

not really sure....

The list shows only one SWIFT for one bank:

http://www.baanthai.com/ratgeber/swift- ... ailand.asp

but the SWIFT system normally is digit 1-4 Bank Code
5-6 Country Code
7-8 City Code
9-11 Branch Code

For Krung Thai Bank I know for sure BKK and Udon is the same.

...sorry patriot, your post come in,during I send my post :-$

kartoffel

Post by kartoffel » September 4, 2012, 10:15 pm

the correct SWIFT CODE is: SICOTHBK

regards andre

kartoffel

Post by kartoffel » September 4, 2012, 10:29 pm

kartoffel wrote:the correct SWIFT CODE is: SICOTHBK

regards andre
siam commercial bank PCL
41 phosri road tb.markkhaeng
ap. muang udonthani 41000 thailand
tel.+6642 242439-40 fax +6642 243330

the end
regards

Greg Ledder
udonmap.com

Post by Greg Ledder » September 4, 2012, 11:04 pm

Many thanks one and all - your replies are much appreciated!

Regards,

Greg. :D

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » September 5, 2012, 1:22 am

As far as I am aware, the SWIFT code for each of the major Thai banks includes all their accounts across all their branches across Thailand, it is extremely important therefore that the details of the beneficiary and their account are clear and unambiguous.

In making transfers to accounts in Thailand I always include the anglicised name of the account holder (as per pass book), the account number, the address of the account holder and the name and location of the branch where the account is held (usually available on their websites) – in over a decade of transfers, none have gone wrong.

The only minor problem I have had was on one of my very first transfers when it was picked out for an anti-money laundering check (which in my case was quickly and easily resolved).

Note: People familiar with Thai-English and English-Thai translations will probably have noticed that it is not uncommon for minor variations in spelling to occur, this is why I mentioned using the anglicised version of the Thai name exactly as it appears in the pass book and not from any other translation (no matter how official it may be).
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

Greg Ledder
udonmap.com

Post by Greg Ledder » September 5, 2012, 1:32 am

JimboPSM wrote:As far as I am aware, the SWIFT code for each of the major Thai banks includes all their accounts across all their branches across Thailand, it is extremely important therefore that the details of the beneficiary and their account are clear and unambiguous.

In making transfers to accounts in Thailand I always include the anglicised name of the account holder (as per pass book), the account number, the address of the account holder and the name and location of the branch where the account is held (usually available on their websites) – in over a decade of transfers, none have gone wrong.

The only minor problem I have had was on one of my very first transfers when it was picked out for an anti-money laundering check (which in my case was quickly and easily resolved).

Note: People familiar with Thai-English and English-Thai translations will probably have noticed that it is not uncommon for minor variations in spelling to occur, this is why I mentioned using the anglicised version of the Thai name exactly as it appears in the pass book and not from any other translation (no matter how official it may be).
Thanks Jimbo - much appreciated! :D

jemois

Post by jemois » October 19, 2012, 2:21 am

you may also look for SWIFT/BIC codes on http://bankspedia.com/swift-code/

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » October 19, 2012, 1:57 pm

jemois wrote:you may also look for SWIFT/BIC codes on http://bankspedia.com/swift-code/
Good link Jemois; but I can't seem to find the swift code for Lloyds TSB Offshore / Jersey. Tried UK, Channel Islands (not indicated). Any of you sleuths out there have an idea?? I know what they are I was just curious as to where they were on the listing.
Cheers

Asiaphile
udonmap.com

Post by Asiaphile » October 19, 2012, 2:55 pm

jim beam
udonmap.com

Post by jim beam » October 19, 2012, 3:17 pm

Thailand and America use the SWIFT code system… All of Europe that includes the Channel isles use IBAN numbers.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » October 19, 2012, 8:19 pm

jim beam wrote:Thailand and America use the SWIFT code system… All of Europe that includes the Channel isles use IBAN numbers.
Only if transferring within Europe. If transferring from the UK or Europe to Thailand you need SWIFT

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » October 19, 2012, 8:27 pm

Tafia wrote:
jim beam wrote:Thailand and America use the SWIFT code system… All of Europe that includes the Channel isles use IBAN numbers.
Only if transferring within Europe. If transferring from the UK or Europe to Thailand you need SWIFT
Are you sure?

I did a transfer from Oz to Switzerland a couple of years ago, and the IBAN is the code that was required.

bamakmak
udonmap.com

Post by bamakmak » October 19, 2012, 8:33 pm

jim beam wrote:Thailand and America use the SWIFT code system
Not correct. Actually, the USA uses routing transfer numbers (RTN) for it's banking system, not the SWIFT code system. A RTN is nine digits long. For banks, the first two digits of their respective RTN will be 01 - 12, representing whatever of the twelve federal reserve districts they are located. For thrift instituions, the first two digits range from 21 -32.

Man, I sound like a nerd! :oops:

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » October 19, 2012, 9:40 pm

bamakmak wrote:
jim beam wrote:Thailand and America use the SWIFT code system
Not correct. Actually, the USA uses routing transfer numbers (RTN) for it's banking system, not the SWIFT code system. A RTN is nine digits long. For banks, the first two digits of their respective RTN will be 01 - 12, representing whatever of the twelve federal reserve districts they are located. For thrift instituions, the first two digits range from 21 -32.

Man, I sound like a nerd! :oops:
While banks in the U.S. use RTN numbers they also have Swift codes, for example Bank of America swift code is BOFAUS3N for U.S. currancy and they have a seperate code for other country money transfers.

Tafia
udonmap.com

Post by Tafia » October 19, 2012, 10:02 pm

jackspratt wrote:
Tafia wrote:
Are you sure?

I did a transfer from Oz to Switzerland a couple of years ago, and the IBAN is the code that was required.
I believe as Switzerland is surrounded by European countries and where the Euro is widely used I guess it has the same Banking codes. The point I was making was if sending from Europe to Thailand despite many banking forms requesting an Iban number it isn't required and transfers must be by Swift

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » October 19, 2012, 11:01 pm

Swift Codes or BIC Codes for all the Banks in the world. You can find it here!

http://www.theswiftcodes.com/

mazaru

Post by mazaru » July 24, 2016, 11:11 pm

off course, the USA uses RTN for fund transfer, but online money transfer from USA to India uses Swift code, i think the user was asking it in this context, if it is the case you can find the right Swift code here for all other ifsc codes, NEFT, RTGS codes, Micr codes go here.

arjay
udonmap.com

Re: Swift Code For Siam Commercial Bank

Post by arjay » August 7, 2016, 4:41 am

SICOTHBK regardless of which branch the account is held at.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”