Posting a photo without using a hosting site

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 2, 2012, 2:18 pm

When you are in a Reply Page (but not the Quick Reply) or starting a new thread at the bottom of the page you are typing into is this..
Photo 1.jpg
Photo 1.jpg (9.51 KiB) Viewed 3809 times
Click on the upload attachment tab & this appears..
Photo 2.jpg
This is the file Attachment Tab
Photo 2.jpg (10.78 KiB) Viewed 3809 times
Left hand Mouse click into the box by the word Browse & you will open Windows File Explorer on you computer so you can search for your picture. When you have found it click OK which will return you to the UdonMap page.
Select 'Add the File' & the picture will load into the page.
If you then go back down the page you will see that you have a few options concerning the photo that you have loaded.
If you don't bother with these, no problem, the picture will just automatically appear after any text you have written & without any sort of title attached to it..
Photo 3.jpg
Photo 3.jpg (7.83 KiB) Viewed 3809 times
You can however, if you like, add comments that will appear below the picture & also, but using the 'Place inline' button put a picture within the text, rather than after it.

Just repeat the process for as many pictures as you have.
I usually use pictures in a jpeg format & not all formats can be loaded - although a good photo manipulation program will let you save as any format you like.
These is also a 'size' limit on the photo that can be uploaded, although I have never had to reduce any in size that I have tried to load. There are also free photo manipulation programs do that as well.

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » October 2, 2012, 5:48 pm

BobHelm wrote:... Just repeat the process for as many pictures as you have.
There used to be a limit of three pictures per post – has this limit been removed?

As an aside that is the process that I use to upload my currency charts to UM.

For info, virtually anything on a computer screen can be turned into “jpg” pictures, always provided you have the Print Screen button on your keyboard and the “Paint” software (found in most M$ operating systems).

Briefly this is how I turn one of my excel charts into a “jpg” picture:
  • 1. When the chart is on the monitor screen I take a “Print Screen” shot.
    2. I copy the screen shot into “Paint”.
    3. In "Paint" I crop the screen shot down to the size of the chart.
    4. I save the resultant picture (of the chart) in “jpg” format.

The "jpg" picture can then easily be uploaded to UM or added to e-mails etc.
Ashamed to be English since 23rd June 2016 when England voted for racism & economic suicide.

Disgusted that the UK is “governed” by a squalid bunch of economically illiterate, self-serving, sleazy and corrupt neo-fascists.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 2, 2012, 5:59 pm

There used to be a limit of three pictures per post – has this limit been removed?
I believe so Jimbo. I have certainly added a lot more than that to a house advert.
Maybe Lee or Paul can give us the latest actuals.

I use a small, free, program called MWSnap to create pictures out of any part of my screen.
Very, very easy to use but there are a great many free screen capture bit of software available..

KB_Texas

Post by KB_Texas » October 2, 2012, 6:07 pm

With the Mac, at least on OSX 10.6 (Snow Leopard), just hit command-shift-4 and a target will show up on your screen. Click the target on the upper left corner of the area you wish to capture, hold the mouse button down, and move it to the lower right of the area you wish to capture, then release the mouse button. The screen shot will show up on your desktop.

I am fairly sure that somewhere you can set the default save type, but I am too lazy to track it down. Mine saves as a .png file, which are usually too large to upload to the site. (IIRC, there is a 250k limit?) So click on the image and load it into preview, then click File, Save As, and change the type to a jpg. The size is shown on that screen, so you can lower the quality until it is under 250k. It is MUCH faster to do than to read about. :)

KB

For in depth info: http://osxdaily.com/2010/06/09/screen-c ... -mac-os-x/

For instance, it took less than a minute to capture, save and upload this shot:
TestToShowScreenCapture.jpg

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » October 3, 2012, 10:49 am

BobHelm wrote:I believe so Jimbo. I have certainly added a lot more than that to a house advert.
Maybe Lee or Paul can give us the latest actuals.
The maximum number of attachments is 10 and the maximum file size per attachment is 500K. ;)

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”