Drives me MAD !!

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
pienmash
Udonmap Sponsor

Drives me MAD !!

Post by pienmash » December 20, 2012, 5:10 pm

Just done a quick trip to Bangers n back ,,,, left Udon 11pm Tuesday neet ,,, arrived Rama 9 Bkk 6am with a 1 hour stop in Saraburi ,,, travelling at night was fine , dont normally but needs must in this case ,,, quiet roads ,, no road works a smooth trip ,,, the road network in LOS is pretty good really ,,,, mt only winge ....

Why do Thais think its perfectly normal to go the wrong way down a major dual carrage way head lights on full beam rather than go to the nearest u turn ,,, you need eyes in the back of your head as well as the side n front ,,, have to be very focused and concentrate as there are other nightime hazzards like dogs Buffalos /cows and pissed up folks on mopeds swerving ll over the place ,,

One thing i now relaise ...........i need a bigger truck ,,

mash

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Drives me MAD !!

Post by gudtymchuk » December 20, 2012, 5:16 pm

My pickup is normally not allowed more than 1k from the house 1/2 hour past sunset, (the distance to the nearest 7/11)........ driving in full daylight has enough challenges. :?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

akwoodworker
udonmap.com

Drives me MAD !!

Post by akwoodworker » December 20, 2012, 7:25 pm

I have made two trips to bkk this month and of course driving around Udon. It is very tiring to never let your guard down and try and predict what the moron who is trying to pass in the ditch on the right hand side is going to do next. I look forward to the orderly peaceful driving in Alaska, if only it wasn't -40c

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Drives me MAD !!

Post by FrazeeDK » December 21, 2012, 6:19 am

why do Thais drive the wrong way down the highway?? Could be because they might be only going 500 meters and don't want to drive up to 2-3 km down and then 2-3 km back from a U-Turn... Also could be because they're rarely ticketed.. As to why they'd drive down the wrong way with their high-beams on?? Who would know.. Better that than them driving with no lights to "save the battery"....
Dave

gudtymchuk
udonmap.com

Drives me MAD !!

Post by gudtymchuk » December 21, 2012, 10:42 am

FrazeeDK wrote:why do Thais drive the wrong way down the highway??
Hmm, could it be one of their "social graces" so hotly debated on another thread?
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Techland
udonmap.com

Drives me MAD !!

Post by Techland » December 21, 2012, 1:02 pm

pienmash wrote: Why do Thais think its perfectly normal to go the wrong way down a major dual carrage way head lights on full beam

They search their way out of the DARK AGE...

\:D/

Sorry, couldn't resist :D

mykthemin
udonmap.com

Drives me MAD !!

Post by mykthemin » December 21, 2012, 3:20 pm

Probably not on main beam, but as they are on the wrong side of the road the light pattern is such that it appears like main beam, they are total ignorant pratts who should have their licences revoked, if they have one at all, there is a highway code here but I bet 99.9% have never heard of it let alone read it!

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Drives me MAD !!

Post by Aardvark » December 21, 2012, 3:50 pm

I saw a Guy on Adunyadet road come out of his residents once, jump on his M/B do a U turn pull up 3 shops down get off and buy something then do a U turn and park up at his shop. Says it all really don't you think :roll:

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Drives me MAD !!

Post by semperfiguy » December 21, 2012, 6:59 pm

FrazeeDK wrote: As to why they'd drive down the wrong way with their high-beams on?? Who would know.. Better that than them driving with no lights to "save the battery"....
No...it's not the battery they think they're saving by leaving their lights off at night...it's gasoline! \:D/
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Return to “Travel & Transport”