Islam, the religion of peace and tolerance.

General off-topic debates and discussions forum.
Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 8, 2014, 12:25 am

5555!

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 8, 2014, 3:46 pm

Islam, the religion of peace and tolerance? I think yes it is compared to modern Christianity. Christian cultures haven't been very peaceful over the last 100 years. The last thing we need now is for Muslim countries to become as keen on war as Christian countries have been. I can't see that. I think Iran is all talk.

Perhaps it's being unfair to Christianity to attribute our seemingly endless wars to the religion rather than to the accompanying culture or political systems.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 9, 2014, 12:17 am

An interesting post, are you writing of religiously motivated wars or wars waged by countries who happen to consider themselves as Christian or Muslim?

Wars don't need to be waged by countries, groups can wage war on others. Al Qaeda wasn't a nation but a religious organisation comprising people from many countries. It didn't stop them from having a crack at the US.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 14, 2014, 2:57 am

This very brave Somalian lady argues that Islam is anything but a religion of peace and tolerance. For her views she has had awards revoked for daring to criticise Islam as happened to her at a U.S. University recently:-

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... g-opinion/

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/09 ... -of-islam/
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 14, 2014, 1:07 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:This very brave Somalian lady argues that Islam is anything but a religion of peace and tolerance. For her views she has had awards revoked for daring to criticise Islam as happened to her at a U.S. University recently:-

http://fullcomment.nationalpost.com/201 ... g-opinion/

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/04/09 ... -of-islam/

For a different (liberal) perspective:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/09/us/br ... .html?_r=1

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » April 14, 2014, 6:15 pm

Not much difference from what I read into it. The Woman went through Hell under a Vicious Religion and has decided to put her life on the line in the hope for change, and to save other Children. She should be applauded and respected for standing up to the Bullies, and now the do-gooders and the Cowards who fear retribution from this filth. Liberal my ar$$e ....

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » April 14, 2014, 6:51 pm

Thanks, Jack. That was an interesting perspective from the NYT. Most of the Muslims I know are in the teaching profession, and they are some of the nicest, kindest, peaceful people you would ever want to meet. However, it seems the Somalia community in Toronto is prone to violence, vice (good friends with our crack smoking mayor), and have a lot of trouble adapting to Canada.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 10, 2014, 9:42 am

ONE RULE FOR ISLAMISTS AND ANOTHER FOR EVERYONE ELSE? IT'S NOT FAIR, IT'S NOT BRITISH AND IT'S A RECIPE FOR DISASTER

How long do you think a white teacher would last in a British primary school if he were to tell his class of seven-year olds that all non-Christians were "filthy heathens"? Or if he referred to black people using the "n-word"? Or he accused all Muslims of being frustrated terrorists?

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Lond ... r-disaster

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » June 11, 2014, 7:35 am

Look at School's in Bradford and Birmingham. I would be mightily p**sed off if my son or daughter attended a Christian school and then due to political correctness Islamic studies were included.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 11, 2014, 8:16 am

while many wars have been fought on the back of religious fervour, in fact it is an excuse, for so many oither reasons, land, resources etc:- to name but a couple. So when I see that Islamic militants are killing Islamic people, although I feel sorry for the victims I do not lose any sleep, just goes to show how hypocritical Islam IS !!

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 11, 2014, 1:53 pm

Christians have whacked plenty of people even in modern times. For example Gerry Adams now looks like first class scum. Joe Stalin was anti-religion and pretty horrible as well. In my opinion Islam isn't unusually bad. Like anything, what it says can be manipulated by nutters. I try not to take the nutters too seriously. The Islamic nutters aren't representative of everyday Muslims. Different fish.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 11, 2014, 2:01 pm

Go back to the beginning of Islam and read how many Countries they rode through slaughtering innocent People in their quest for World domination. It took five centuries before the west took them seriously enough to send Armies against them to stop their onslaught, and now we're blamed as the aggressors .....

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 11, 2014, 2:23 pm

I'm sure it won't be pretty reading ardie but there's plenty of ugly reading from Christian and secularist history. In modern times the big imperialists are Christian countries. I don't think Christianity is a religion of peace and tolerance. There's a good argument that compared to Christianity Islam is a religion of peace and tolerance. I can't be bothered having it given I'm neither Christian nor Muslim.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » June 12, 2014, 5:18 pm

No argument from me 93 ....

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 13, 2014, 7:16 am

I cant think of any fundamentalist militant christian groups kidnapping or beheading people. Can anybody advise if they can?

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » June 13, 2014, 8:09 am

I can think of a few
the KKK would be one but here is some reading of interest.
Hope this helps
Ding
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_terrorism

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » June 13, 2014, 8:16 am

Look, It Really Is Very Simple: Western Culture IS the Best

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Lond ... S-the-best

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » June 13, 2014, 8:21 am

Best at what
Best at destroying civilizations, best at going to your neighbors and saying "that's not the way to do so I will show you" What country has invaded the most other countries in the world?
Britain
So I guess we are the Best
Someone will always be better at something, sometime, and somewhere. So let them be

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » July 24, 2014, 10:22 pm

ISIS orders the female genital mutilation of nearly 4 million women in and around Mosul, Iraq. http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-28466434.

And Israel is the major human rights violator in the region?

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » July 25, 2014, 2:39 am

The ISIS edict might be a fake, brutha.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-28466434

Return to “General Debates & Discussions”