New Road Udon Thani

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
kopkei
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by kopkei » April 19, 2014, 9:42 am

well the rumors are ... normally they will give compensation about what the land is worth , if you have a 1.000.000 baht or 4.000.000 baht home on the land will not make much difference , and on top of this most moobaan homes are sold way over their real valued price , and most of the buyers have no clue because the only comparison they make is with prices abroad ...wrong thinking though... [-X

wazza
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by wazza » April 19, 2014, 10:05 am

Every expat affected should get together , throw in 5000 b each and get a decent lawyer from outside Udon who has no circle of influence so to speak.

Rumours are just that, remember that no one including the developer are on your side, so u need good clear INDEPENDANT advice on the adverse possession and legal compensation payable. If the land is to be valued u must get an independant valuer in, not developer appointed or even one from Udon Province.

Barney
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by Barney » April 19, 2014, 1:33 pm

The Nong Samrong Rd that Parrot posted in red on a map has been now been pegged with nice red gumtree sticks but I cannot get an answer when it begins construction. I think the development of the water resource area will come first. My land backs directly onto the proposed new road at the water development end giving me front and rear access. With news of the new road I had my land survey boundary pegs checked with the land office to ensure no impact with the location of the new road prior to purchase.

Techland
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by Techland » April 27, 2014, 4:34 pm

I for one had no doubt from the beginning that this stupidly planned road will never become reality. A double sided big road crashing straight through at least two developments - hello? That is completely unrealistic, even here in LOS.

2 days ago my wife heard the village speakers of Rom Yen telling that the road has been shifted to Nong Sai.

Somebody got a new 'red line' painted over Google maps? Ah I see, on Udon Today again. New blue line making a big curve around Lake Garden, Rom Yen and First Home.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by FrazeeDK » April 27, 2014, 7:31 pm

and looking at Google Earth shifting the route northwest of Rom Yen and the other developments and linking it directly into the Nong Sai Road makes far better sense.. Four lane the Nong Sai road onto the Ring Road and the additional traffic shouldn't be too bad...
Dave

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by semperfiguy » April 28, 2014, 8:12 am

Techland wrote:I for one had no doubt from the beginning that this stupidly planned road will never become reality. A double sided big road crashing straight through at least two developments - hello? That is completely unrealistic, even here in LOS.

2 days ago my wife heard the village speakers of Rom Yen telling that the road has been shifted to Nong Sai.

Somebody got a new 'red line' painted over Google maps? Ah I see, on Udon Today again. New blue line making a big curve around Lake Garden, Rom Yen and First Home.
Techland, what is the exact web address for this Udon Today? Is that their Facebook page that you are referring to? Could you post that link address? Thanks!!!!!!!!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

parrot
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by parrot » April 28, 2014, 8:44 am

Prenders88
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by Prenders88 » April 28, 2014, 9:30 am

Whatever happens, the whole area is blighted.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by Khun Paul » April 28, 2014, 10:01 am

Yep somone from lake garden City showed me a map ostensibly showing a road linking the ring road via a roundabout to the Sakhon nakon road , this will involve a further TWO roundabouts one halfway along it and another one ( yes thats right folks, ANOTHER one when it joins the Sakon Nakon road, it goes behind First homes, lake garden city and all those households between ring road top about halfway down coming out before the Thai Siri market I think, it is not the construction of this that worried me its the bloody roundabouts, as we all know Thais and roundabout do n not go together on a good day. I might be a little off about the route but the sheer incompetence about it amazes me.

Prenders88
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by Prenders88 » April 28, 2014, 10:39 am

10 million baht paid out to "consultants" for the project. LOL!!! :roll:

You just have to laugh at these people.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by FrazeeDK » April 28, 2014, 10:51 am

I guess roundabouts will be quicker to build than overpasses and less restrictive to traffic than stoplight intersections.. It will be less of an impediment to traffic particularly if they make it a large roundabout...
Dave

socksy
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by socksy » April 28, 2014, 1:11 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:I guess roundabouts will be quicker to build than overpasses and less restrictive to traffic than stoplight intersections.. It will be less of an impediment to traffic particularly if they make it a large roundabout...
If small roundabouts would be the order of the day let's hope it is over/underpasses. You only have to look at the three small roundabouts in town.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

jackspratt
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by jackspratt » April 28, 2014, 1:27 pm

Whatever they do, it can't possibly be sillier than this bit of British "ingenuity": :shock:
Attachments
magic_roundabout.jpg

kubotatim
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by kubotatim » April 28, 2014, 2:04 pm

Roundabouts would be fine if the idiots understood the basic rules, GIVE WAY TO THE RIGHT!

Barney
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by Barney » April 28, 2014, 2:14 pm

jackspratt,

British at their finest. :D
Alien crop circles come to mind with that one.

parrot
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by parrot » April 28, 2014, 2:25 pm

The only time I have a problem at any of the three roundabouts is when police are trying to direct traffic at them. Otherwise, 90% of the people seem to understand the rules and defensive driving takes care of the rest. I only wish there were many more roundabouts and far fewer traffic lights.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by merchant seaman » April 28, 2014, 2:31 pm

Some need to get out more, I know of at least 7 roundabouts in Udon.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

socksy
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by socksy » April 28, 2014, 2:46 pm

merchant seaman wrote:Some need to get out more, I know of at least 7 roundabouts in Udon.
I would get out more if I could trust the mutants at the roundabouts. I meant the main three in the city. And rightly so as previously mentioned, they gave way to traffic on the right it would be a lot simpler and efficient.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Techland
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by Techland » April 28, 2014, 2:47 pm

7? It might depend on how you define such. For example the one at the end of Prajak lake, and the one at Nong Sim lake (on the way to Don Bosco) don't count for me as 'roundabouts'. They are ok and useful, but also lead to permanent violation of the traffic rules (cars within the circle have priority, to say it in a non-misleading way ;) ), simply because they look and work more like streets connecting in a crazy way.

mak
udonmap.com

New Road Udon Thani

Post by mak » April 28, 2014, 2:50 pm

They (Tessaban) are talking about this road on Home Cable News right now. They say too many farangs are complaining about the proposed route.

Return to “Travel & Transport”