English Premier League 2013/14

General sports news and discussions.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 18, 2014, 3:05 pm

mathusalah80 wrote: Suggest the loser and his partner to take the wnner and his partner to , (alcohol free!), lunch at any one of TJs, Caspers or Bookhouse; at the choice of the winner?
This was your suggestion for the Arsenal/Everton bet,mat .......

But as regards the Real Madrid bet I am a little confused by your worries regarding injuries to Bale and Ronaldo inflicted by whichever "hatchet man" "Marinho" puts up against them ??
Chelsea play Atletico Madrid in one semi final.......so no need to worry about Bale and Ronaldo or "Marinho"....
The other semi final is Bayern v Real Madrid,so Bale and Ronaldo will feature.....but Bayerns manager is "Guardiola ??"

Sooo,if Bayern and Chelsea win you will be hoping that your mate "Jose" stops you from forking out on the expensive champagne.....funnily enough,I saw a bottle in Tesco's on Tuesday....not vintage but will do ! :-"

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » April 18, 2014, 6:07 pm

Zidane wrote:
mathusalah80 wrote: Suggest the loser and his partner to take the wnner and his partner to , (alcohol free!), lunch at any one of TJs, Caspers or Bookhouse; at the choice of the winner?
This was your suggestion for the Arsenal/Everton bet,mat .......

Aah that's OK then; no worries about the four courses. :D \:D/

But as regards the Real Madrid bet I am a little confused by your worries regarding injuries to Bale and Ronaldo inflicted by whichever "hatchet man" "Marinho" puts up against them ??
Chelsea play Atletico Madrid in one semi final.......so no need to worry about Bale and Ronaldo or "Marinho"....
The other semi final is Bayern v Real Madrid,so Bale and Ronaldo will feature.....but Bayerns manager is "Guardiola ??"

And I am getting a little worried about some deliberate( :-s :-$ ) mistakes on my part lately.Writing about Champions League, while thinking about 'the decider' between Liverpool & Chelsea. My apologies. Have made a note to check in with a neurosurgeon, when I visit Perth next month :? :oops: :cry:

Sooo,if Bayern and Chelsea win you will be hoping that your mate "Jose" stops you from forking out on the expensive champagne.....funnily enough,I saw a bottle in Tesco's on Tuesday....not vintage but will do ! :-"
Wrong! In such an event, I will personally support the side which, and the Manager who, best interpret my PERSONAL ideaS of the way football should be played, and a Manager should manage. So, in relation to our bet, we would be in the hilarious, and possibly unique, situation of us BOTH hoping YOU win! :lol: \:D/

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 19, 2014, 9:48 am

Fixtures.jpg
Fixtures1.jpg

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » April 19, 2014, 3:30 pm

Cardiff vs Stoke is my choice tonight. 2 weeks ago I was sure Cardiff was relegated, but after seeing Norwich`s remaining games and Cardiff`s win last week, I got my hope back.
The only reason for me to hope Cardiff stay in Premier League is Solskjær. As a Man Utd fan I believe in him and wold like to see him as boss at Old Trafford in the future. But for that to happen he has to prove himself as a manager. He has done that in his 3 years in Norway, but that don`t mean he will do it in England, but it will be interesting to see.

As a Man Utd fan the most important thing for the next few weeks is that Chelsea and/or ------ can get above Loserpool in the table, and stop them from winning the title. If there is a God, the champions will play in blue...

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 19, 2014, 4:10 pm

I've nothing against Solskjaer, no great dislike of Cardiff City or its' fans, but would question whether Cardiff deserve to escape the drop, solely because of the mess Vincent Tan has made as owner. And I think most Cardiff fans would agree with me! The thought of him parading about suggesting he played a part in the Club staying up would be ironic.

I hardly pick out Cardiff games to watch, but the team also didn't show much idea, passion or balls, if you prefere, against Palace either.

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » April 19, 2014, 4:55 pm

I agree with you about Tan, Brian. I would like to see them relegated because of what he has done, but I would also like to see them stay up because of Solskjær. But I want Solskjær to succeed more than Tan fail.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 20, 2014, 9:13 am

Svein66 wrote: As a Man Utd fan the most important thing for the next few weeks is that Chelsea and/or ------ can get above Loserpool in the table, and stop them from winning the title. If there is a God, the champions will play in blue...
As a Man Utd fan every year,at the start of the season,I go to the small temple near the traffic lights at Nong Prajak and pray that Manchester City,Chelsea and Liverpool will be relegated......but it never happens ! :(
So this season has been very difficult but I think Liverpool are the lesser of the 3 evils and Rodgers is a good manager who has them playing excellent football.
Svein,I can only assume you are high on yabba when,as a United fan,you are wanting Citeh to win the title.....they are enemy number one ! [-X
Anyway,after last nights results,it looks more likely than ever that Liverpool will win the title.
Mourinhos first home Premier League defeat in 78 matches to a controversial penalty.....many "bitter blues" this morning led by Mourinho and his assistant,Faria.
But the win has given Sunderland a chance of avoiding the drop.....Fulham lose,Cardiff draw but Swansea surely safe now after winning at Newcastle.
Tonight,Norwich v Liverpool 6pm Thai time......Hull v Arsenal 8.05pm Thai time and Everton v Manchester United 10.10pm Thai time......so a good nights viewing with three important matches on at decent times. \:D/
I cant believe Liverpool will blow it now but its a funny old game as they say,thousands of times.
Last nights results.......
Tottenham 3 Fulham 1 ; Aston Villa 0 Southampton 0 ; Cardiff 1 Stoke 1 ; Newcastle 1 Swansea 2 ;
West Ham 0 Crystal Palace 1 ; Chelsea 1 Sunderland 2 ;

Svein66
udonmap.com

Post by Svein66 » April 20, 2014, 9:44 am

Liverpool winning the league are the worst thing that can happen. City is a small club and will be for a long time, so don`t have to care about them too much. And I don`t know any Cityfans, so there`s nobody out there who want to have fun with me this summer if they should win the league.
But unless Norwich can get something from the game today, it looks to me that there is no God, and that pool will win the league. :evil:

Much better from Cardiff yesterday, both in play and passion, but could easily have lost. The goalkeeper saved them again, as he has done a few times this season. They now have Sunderland and Newcastle away, and possibly needs to win both to stay up, before they have Chelsea at home in the last game.
With bottom teams winning and taking points, it will be an interesting end to the season. Maybe we have to wait for the final day to see who stays up.

For Man Utd, after Spurs winning again yesterday, it looks like we`ll be number 7 this season. I see that as a good thing, rather than being 6th and getting Europa League. It`s better to don`t play at all, than play on all those Thursdays against "unknown smaller" clubs. Pool would never have been top in the league if they were playing in Europe this season.
The only chance of having to play Europa League when finishing 7th, is if Arsenal finish outside top 4 and wins the FA-cup, so let`s help them take 4th place by beating Everton tonight.:)

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 20, 2014, 9:50 am

"Much better from Cardiff yesterday, both in play and passion, but could easily have lost. The goalkeeper saved them again, as he has done a few times this season. They now have Sunderland and Newcastle away"

Shouldn't have any worries about going to SJP against the 'Toon' the way we are playing. Absolute p*sh.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Galee
udonmap.com

Post by Galee » April 20, 2014, 10:28 am

Zidane wrote:...many "bitter blues" this morning
Sigh. How sad. Yet another wind-up comment by the forums most bitter poster.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 20, 2014, 12:10 pm

Svein66 wrote:Liverpool winning the league are the worst thing that can happen. City is a small club and will be for a long time, so don`t have to care about them too much. And I don`t know any Cityfans, so there`s nobody out there who want to have fun with me this summer if they should win the league.
But unless Norwich can get something from the game today, it looks to me that there is no God, and that pool will win the league. :evil:

Much better from Cardiff yesterday, both in play and passion, but could easily have lost. The goalkeeper saved them again, as he has done a few times this season. They now have Sunderland and Newcastle away, and possibly needs to win both to stay up, before they have Chelsea at home in the last game.
With bottom teams winning and taking points, it will be an interesting end to the season. Maybe we have to wait for the final day to see who stays up.

For Man Utd, after Spurs winning again yesterday, it looks like we`ll be number 7 this season. I see that as a good thing, rather than being 6th and getting Europa League. It`s better to don`t play at all, than play on all those Thursdays against "unknown smaller" clubs. Pool would never have been top in the league if they were playing in Europe this season.
The only chance of having to play Europa League when finishing 7th, is if Arsenal finish outside top 4 and wins the FA-cup, so let`s help them take 4th place by beating Everton tonight.:)
No, No, No to your LAST Sentence..... :shock: :shock:

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » April 20, 2014, 1:05 pm

Zidane wrote:Svein,I can only assume you are high on yabba ......
No, it's actually me and all Palace fans who are "floating" (and gloating) at the moment, although realising only too well that the sensation won't last. But can you blame us? - not only managing to hang about in the Premiership more than one year for a change, but winning five in a row too. Thanks to those who've admitted Pulis has worked wonders and the team deserves the success. Little doubt that the fans have been the best in the Premiership too, generating almost non-stop noise in supporting the team.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 20, 2014, 7:56 pm

Lucky, Lucky Liverpool Hanging on for dear life the last 15 Mins......After being 2 goals up TWICE,They got a Very Lucky DEFLECTED 3rd Goal,Then Norwich hit back at them to make it 2-3, And then the Poolies Started biting their nails....Very Lucky to hang on in the end....

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 20, 2014, 8:07 pm

Always sour grapes with you Blue Noses ,what is it can't you lot accept The Mighty Reds will always be superior to you bunch of no hopers.
You'll Never Walk Alone L.F.C.

goshawk
udonmap.com

Post by goshawk » April 20, 2014, 8:29 pm

Dezzer nothing changes with this guy always has to mention liverpool,you know what they say if you want to know anything about liverpool ask an evertonion,never heard him ever say anything positive about liverpool,quite sad that a grown man can be so bitter and twisted. :D

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 20, 2014, 8:31 pm

Great reply Goshhawk hope he takes it on board, but one never knows with a Blue Nose =D> =D>

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 20, 2014, 8:39 pm

goshawk wrote:Dezzer nothing changes with this guy always has to mention liverpool,you know what they say if you want to know anything about liverpool ask an evertonion,never heard him ever say anything positive about liverpool,quite sad that a grown man can be so bitter and twisted. :D
But I ENJOY Being Bitter & Twisted to wind up you RedshI*es..... :lol: :lol:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » April 20, 2014, 8:40 pm

dezzer wrote:Great reply Goshhawk hope he takes it on board, but one never knows with a Blue Nose =D> =D>
Dezzer, Never take ANY Notice of You " Glory Hunters " :lol: :lol:

dezzer
udonmap.com

Post by dezzer » April 20, 2014, 8:46 pm

Easy Tiger, hope your lot get stuffed by the Mancs later \:D/

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » April 20, 2014, 8:58 pm

Norwich 2 Liverpool 3
Another cracking match for the neutral but maybe not the fainthearted.Liverpool two goals up after 11 minutes and cruising but well done to Norwich who showed great spirit that should stand them in good stead for their serious relegation battle.
The third goal for Liverpool by Sterling (man of the match ?) had a deflected piece of luck about it,although a super run that deserved a reward, but,then again,Norwichs first looked like a possible foul on Mignolet.
Liverpool v Chelsea .....next Sunday ....what a match that promises to be....Chelsea have to win for sure !
Watched the game in a place called Seat on the ringroad.....good food,great atmosphere and pretty serving wenches made me forget that I am the most bitter poster on the forum. :roll:
Maybe not the same for those on strong medication for hypertension who can dish it out but not take it ! =;
In the next match the half time score is Hull 0 Arsenal 2......looking inevitable I will owe mat80 a lunch.....hows about Noks restaurant,any Tuesday,mat ?? ;)

Return to “World Sports”