Bus Suvarnabhumi Airport to Udon

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Bangyuk
udonmap.com

Post by Bangyuk » April 22, 2014, 5:59 am

In case my flight arrives in bkk in the evening and I miss the last flight to udon, how easy is it to get a bus from the airport to udon? Not something I particularly want to do. I really don't like thai express buses!

Any alternatives?

THANKS.

Ian

dingdong
udonmap.com

Post by dingdong » April 22, 2014, 11:25 am

Hotel The Orchid is 1200 baht, includes full breakfast and pickup and return rides to airport then catch theh Bangkok Air flight in the morning I think around 1500 Baht one way
Ding

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » April 22, 2014, 11:38 am

Easy by bus. Just take the shuttle bus from the airport (free) to the transport centre. Walk down the platform from where you are dropped off until you see a ticket office, can buy ticket there and bus stop about 10 metres away. Bus leaves at 9pm, arrives Udon central bus station about 6am. The buses on that route don't speed, never felt unsafe; and have always managed to get a ticket. Have used about 10 times (to or from Udon). It is the only bus of the day, so only good for early evening arrivals at swampy, or other way, morning departures from there. For other buses to Udon, you need to go to Mochit in Bangkok - a pain to get to and just too big to navigate around if not familiar.

Martyn
udonmap.com

Post by Martyn » April 23, 2014, 2:45 pm

I'll back up Rick about the bus to Udon from the airport as I've also used it many times myself. If my memory is right a ticket is just under 500 baht and the ticket kiosk (the one on the left in the picture below) is on the corner of a shopping alley which happens to have a bar/restaurant (Thai style) at the bottom left hand side of the alley. The trip is perfect for grabbing a few hours of sleep and putting yourself into Thai timeline. On a personal note I'd recommend booking a seat upstairs as it's a bit more noisy down.
SAM_6374.JPG

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » April 23, 2014, 4:51 pm

Depending upon arrival time in BKK, it's quite possible that spending the evening in a hotel and taking the first flight in the morning you could arrive in Udon before the bus. Or maybe an hour or two later well rested.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

JR
udonmap.com

Post by JR » April 23, 2014, 5:06 pm

And having spent several times more money than for the bus ticket.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Post by merchant seaman » April 23, 2014, 5:17 pm

The OP implied that he was only interested in the bus if he missed the last flight to Udon, so it seems the cost is not all that important.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 23, 2014, 11:57 pm

Thanks guys. It's good to have this option. I have been through this transport centre a couple of times and didn't notice there was a bus to Udon.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 15, 2014, 4:11 pm

Has anyone caught this bus recently? I will be in the same position as the OP, flight arrives after all the Udon flights have left, my flight arrives at 19.00hrs so 21.00 would departure would fit in well.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 15, 2014, 8:02 pm

argghhh.. I couldn't take the torture of getting off a 26 hours flight from the States and then departing on at least a 7-8 hour ride to Udon on a bus.. We generally stay at a nearby reasonably priced hotel that has their van service pick you up and then the next day drop you back off.. They're off the southeast side of the airport less than 4km away from the terminal http://www.thongtaresortandspa.com/rate.htm
Dave

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » October 15, 2014, 9:04 pm

Any hotel suggestions for DON MUANG AIRPORT ?? Thanks.

wiking
udonmap.com

Post by wiking » October 15, 2014, 11:08 pm

why you not flying, price from 600-1200 baht

thai smile
bangkok airways
nok airwyas
air asia
lion

BillaRickaDickay
udonmap.com

Post by BillaRickaDickay » October 16, 2014, 8:07 am

26 hours is a long time and I would need a rest after that, my flight is just 14hrs, I always travel light, I don't have a problem with the bus journey as I have done it before but from Udon to Swampy on the VIP 999, if the bus still departs at 21.00hrs then that would suit me fine.
He's got his little y-fronts and he's got his little vest, Chaz Jankel, 1998. Mash it up Harry.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » October 16, 2014, 9:37 am

Three adult tickets from DM to Udon on 14/10/2014 with Lion Air a bargain at about 660 baht each one way. The following Nok Air from DM was cancelled probably due to customers taking advantage of the price of the LA flight. A little less leg room on the Lion Air Flight but who gives a FF for one hour at that price.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Return to “Travel & Transport”