Health insurance for uninsured foreigners in Thailand

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 13, 2014, 3:55 pm

From a few posts here I see that there might one day be an Udonthani flying club as there is in Pattaya. Adding my 2 cents, I wouldn't want to blow a small fortune in say my last 6 months of life. I would prefer to flag the 6 months and let the family use the money for their benefit. Hopefully sensibly. But for the record unless my health is really poor I won't be joining the Pattaya or Udon flying club. If that's how I met my fate in good health, someone threw me over. :D

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » June 13, 2014, 5:47 pm

I went to Udon Thani Hospital the other week saw the doc and had an x-ray and got drugs in about an hour. Yes there are horror stories, but if you can avoid it DO NOT go in the morning. Waiting 5 hrs sounds like you came at 8 and there were 100 people in front of you. The hospital's case management is nonexistent as far as I can tell.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » June 13, 2014, 6:08 pm

Elective procedures and Emergencies are two different things.

In an Emercg3ncy my wife is covered by BUPA

Lets us n know how your wife does wishing the best for you and her.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

mortiboy
udonmap.com

Post by mortiboy » June 13, 2014, 6:34 pm

Jing Jing wrote:I went to Udon Thani Hospital the other week saw the doc and had an x-ray and got drugs in about an hour. Yes there are horror stories, but if you can avoid it DO NOT go in the morning. Waiting 5 hrs sounds like you came at 8 and there were 100 people in front of you. The hospital's case management is nonexistent as far as I can tell.
55555! Actually no! I went at 12.00pm! thinking a good time! Seem less people but still long wait!
Mai mee tahng !

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 13, 2014, 6:39 pm

Since my last post we are being regaled on what so and so did or did not, I actually thought the post was about health Insurance or not, and what can a foreigner do about it.
You can of course pay enormous amounts of money to an Insurance agent/ company and hope whatever it is you have will be covered.
or you can hedge your bets and hope that whatever you get is pretty easy to fix.
We can and I am sure all think we will live a long time and in truth if we take care of our bodies and general health that is perfectly true.
it is the unforeseen eventuality that can and does catch us all out , those who imbibe as it were regularly some often to excess, your not helping yourselves , some smoke , that is your decision, others well we all hope to reach the end just by sleeping and not waking up, rather than lie tortuously writhing in pain due to lack of provision to pay for the pain killing drugs.
Life is full of pitfalls and sneaky happenings, and as we age some better than others we are only to well aware of our weaknesses, some in walking, some in even standing , others have little or no energy to fight anything worse than a cold
Our health which most of us took for granted over the years can diminish only because we are wearing out . Whatever course of action we as individuals take may i wish all of you a happy and reasonably healthy future . I hope i have sparked an interest in your future which if I know anything will be considerably shorter than your collective pasts.

Jing Jing
udonmap.com

Post by Jing Jing » June 13, 2014, 6:54 pm

The Dr. comes back from lunch at 1:30 -2 . So you have to wait . And the Dr. is gone by 4. because they have their own clinic.

Buying health insurance should include an understanding of what services you receive. If one opts for no insurance what can one expect. Knowing the limitations on the local health care system might make you a better consumer. For example the doctors at all the local hospitals are generally the same ones. Dr. ค works at UDH on Monday and at BKK on Fri.

joepai
udonmap.com

Post by joepai » June 14, 2014, 7:24 am

Thank you everyone panic over. Doc has now said she is fit to go, now to find a forklift to carry away all the medication I am sure they will find necessary to give her.

Mortiboy - in all fairness we did not stop at the Military hospital as were scared but the mass of people in the waiting room (and it's a big room as you know).
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

Return to “Insurance”