Chery (Chinese) Automobile

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » February 28, 2012, 8:02 pm

Has anyone purchased or priced one of these things? I hear they are pretty cheap. There is a dealer in front of the Charoen Hotel but I haven't had the time to go by.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » February 28, 2012, 8:49 pm

Last time i priced one it was around 400,000 baht. May be a bit cheaper now. But check the prices of alternatives first; I just bought a Nissan March, possibly the cheapest new car in Thailand currently, from around 375,000 baht - and you qualify for a cash back of about 40,000 baht from the Thai government (if it ever actually happens) because it is Thai made.

Dealer on khon kaen road opposite army hospital; reasonable service too.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 28, 2012, 9:25 pm

This may be of interest to potential Chery buyers (and bear in mind the minimum level of safety for cars imported into Australian is far higher than for Thailand):

http://rac.com.au/About-Us/RAC-eNews/Fe ... avoid.aspx

:shock:

martynsnowman
udonmap.com

Post by martynsnowman » February 29, 2012, 8:34 am

Charlieb wrote:Has anyone purchased or priced one of these things? I hear they are pretty cheap. There is a dealer in front of the Charoen Hotel but I haven't had the time to go by.
i bought the wife 1 about 15 months ago it was the cherry 13 they had an offer on at the time top model , leather inside , 4 air bags , abs , auto box with man override ( you can let car change gear or push a button and change gear youself ) remote music center and many other extras cost 437,000 bt never had any prob with it upto now , sorry i cant tell you L,P,K for fuel i dont drive it enough .

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » March 1, 2012, 5:54 am

a few months ago they where at big c , and had a big promotion...
300.000 baht....so very cheap , but if it was me i would spend a little more..
like a nissan march , honda brio , kia picanto..
only because it is made in china and as most things made in china the quality is not really up to standard...
i try to avoid most of the things made in china...( difficult in thailand ..) ;)

thrilled
udonmap.com

Post by thrilled » March 3, 2012, 10:02 pm

If your looking for something low priced check out Tata motors.They are an India company.They have I believe 2 low priced cars.One was around 100000 baht new.The Nano.I'm not sure about the Pixel.I haven't heard much about them lately.

chrisoary
udonmap.com

Post by chrisoary » March 4, 2012, 4:51 am

I work with a few chinese lads they say they wont buy anything made in China if they can possibly help it.

Lao-miner
udonmap.com

Post by Lao-miner » March 4, 2012, 5:56 am

Bought a cherry QQ in vientiane for the missus to get used to driving cost about $7500 tax paid and was a good little shopping trolley, had it about 2 years with no problems it was a bit flimsy though and wouldnt like to be in a bingle with it but bloody handy for around town , sold it and bought the Cherry Tigo which is basicly a rip of of the Rav 4 it has a 2 litre mitsubishi motor and cost $17500 with an auto box or $16500 with manual very nice medium sized car and have had no dramas with it ( except for getting side swiped by a cane truck, but thats another story) dont know about Thailand but in Laos the parts and back up are good , i used to be dubious about anything made in china but reckon they have got there ---- together these days , thats not to say that there isnt a lot of chinese crap out there though , would highly recommend the cherry tigo, and might even trade up the next model which has a bigger motor . The Missus loves it

Peter USNR
udonmap.com

Post by Peter USNR » August 23, 2014, 8:20 am

Would stay away from CHery QQ. Service in Thailand very poor and parts must be ordered from China and takes about 2 months since also have to be ordered through Bangkok. Have had 6 transmission problems and computer does not nor will not code what the problem is. All within about 1 year. Car is fine for a women if they were more reliable. Thailand Main Dealership in Bangkok does not order any more from China but many used models in and around Bangkok.

Return to “Travel & Transport”