FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
poolshark
udonmap.com

Re: FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by poolshark » March 20, 2010, 10:32 pm

What happened to that other guy that started a monthly meet up, i think he was from somewhere in scandanavia .
like an expats club.
i think he organized a meeting with immigration officials, the last i heard of him.
how is his club or group doing now?.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 20, 2010, 11:24 pm

poolshark wrote:What happened to that other guy that started a monthly meet up, i think he was from somewhere in scandanavia .
like an expats club.
i think he organized a meeting with immigration officials, the last i heard of him.
His name was lars or erik something like that, anyway, he arranged a meeting at 2pm on a sunday at the private hospital at nong prajak. There was only 4 things wrong with that, the time, the day, the venue and no leo. I think hes still giving it a go though. OT would rather go to the NM meetings, have a laugh and talk a load of bollox, gawk at the birds serving the beers and get home p1ssed as a f@rt.

OT..... \:D/

Bilko
udonmap.com

Post by Bilko » March 21, 2010, 1:22 am

OT. you've headed me off at the pass, count me in. Common sense always prevails.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 21, 2010, 5:27 pm

From memory you are correct on both parts of his name OT. I believe it is Lars-Eric.
A Google of Udon Expats Club came up with their web site.
http://www.udonexpatclub.com/index.htm
I believe it is 600 baht a year to be a member which may have dissuaded some from joining.

hangsaboot
udonmap.com

Post by hangsaboot » March 22, 2010, 3:22 am

poolshark wrote:What happened to that other guy that started a monthly meet up, i think he was from somewhere in scandanavia .
like an expats club.
the meeting ended after 5 minutes
the immigration officer .noticed scandinavian man,s passport had expired . :oops:
the good news , the buffet was eaten , :-k [ by immigration officials . bstds}

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » March 24, 2010, 11:48 pm

I seem to remember larsy erik is now on Udon Talk, although I can't be certain as OT got banned and OT's IP address has been been blocked. OT's only got one computer and internet connection ?

OT........ \:D/

pomps
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by pomps » October 15, 2014, 1:25 am

Just been reading this thread :shock: ,damn fine read =D> and a chuckle again about Prenders (RIP) posting style :lol:

fredythehound
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by fredythehound » November 7, 2014, 1:04 am

great lets start clubbing

Turdyboy
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by Turdyboy » November 7, 2014, 1:58 am

I'd love to go out and meet some like-minded individuals and share our common experiences and build some well-needed camaraderie. Just name the time and place and I'm there, with bells on.

fredythehound
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by fredythehound » November 7, 2014, 2:11 am

trouble is as the old saying goes you can only please some of the people some of the time,some would like a venue no drinking,others want drinking,smoking and no smoking,music no music,different activities,chess,cards,darts ,sports ,no activities only talk,you either need like minded people or people ,that can be happy with not particpating in some things but happy to be involed in other interests to them,how someone could organize something like that i dont know

socksy
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by socksy » November 7, 2014, 9:36 am

Turdyboy wrote:I'd love to go out and meet some like-minded individuals and share our common experiences and build some well-needed camaraderie. Just name the time and place and I'm there, with bells on.
Be careful Turdyboy you may get some strange looks dressed as a Morris dancer in Udon but some locals will get their cameras at the ready for you. :confused:
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

goshawk
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by goshawk » November 7, 2014, 10:07 am

Ive been thinking of starting a ''wild flower pressing club''but maybe its a bit to rock n roll for udon?

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by stattointhailand » November 7, 2014, 1:57 pm

goshawk wrote:Ive been thinking of starting a ''wild flower pressing club''but maybe its a bit to rock n roll for udon?
I think you should get it affiliated to the "wild flower" pluckin' club, of which several Udonites are long term members :-"

fredythehound
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by fredythehound » November 7, 2014, 2:27 pm

goshawk wrote:Ive been thinking of starting a ''wild flower pressing club''but maybe its a bit to rock n roll for udon?
dont know about the roll but i like to rock man,how about starting a motorbike club ,girls,rock music and lets start living

430xc
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by 430xc » November 11, 2014, 3:24 pm

fredythehound wrote:
dont know about the roll but i like to rock man,how about starting a motorbike club ,girls,rock music and lets start living
Hi Fredy
I am not interested in "girls" now ( got a great wife) but always interested in motorcycles and rock music. What are your thoughts about activities?

430xc

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by stattointhailand » November 11, 2014, 3:39 pm

430xc wrote:
fredythehound wrote:
Hi Fredy
I am not interested in "girls" now ( got a great wife) but always interested in motorcycles and rock music. What are your thoughts about activities?

430xc
Now you have upset poor little Marianne [-X and she thought you were going to be "faithfull" to her ...(i'll get me coat :-" )
The-Girl-on-a-Motocycle.jpg
The-Girl-on-a-Motocycle.jpg (28.36 KiB) Viewed 1944 times

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”