The Lions Share!

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
macca46
udonmap.com

The Lions Share!

Post by macca46 » September 19, 2014, 12:01 pm

Have just done some fare comparisons for those who have not checked lately,

Udon to Bangkok return.

Lion Air $880.00

Nok Air $1246.00

Air Asia $1763.00

Bangkok Air $2630.00

Thai Smile $4230.00

Do not know what Lion Air is like to fly with but they sure are cheap and looking for a big share of the market obviously

Zidane
udonmap.com

The Lions Share!

Post by Zidane » September 19, 2014, 12:54 pm

I'm flying to Bangkok with them next month so I'll let you know !
It should be noted that the 880 baht return price is currently the Promo price and the normal economy price will be around 1280 baht return.
But the Nok Air price you quote is also a Promo and Air Asia always has add ons like 330 baht for 20kg luggage.

Theres quite a difference in price between flights going to Dom Mueang and flights going to Suvarnabhumi.Not so good for those with international connections but you could rent a luxury stretch limo to transport you from Dom Mueang with the difference in price between Lion Air and Thai Smile !

The Promo price Udon-Hat Yai (915 baht) and Hat Yai-Udon (1065 baht) is also very cheap with Lion Air given the duration of the flight.Good to combine the city of Hat Yai with the beach resort of Songkhla or the island of Koh Lipe.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

pomps
udonmap.com

The Lions Share!

Post by pomps » September 19, 2014, 5:27 pm

For any aeroplane geeks out there,marvellous website :D 8) Should be a planespotters area at Udon Thani airport :badteeth:
http://www.planespotters.net/Production ... ailand?p=3

Zidane
udonmap.com

The Lions Share!

Post by Zidane » October 17, 2014, 12:45 pm

Did the Udon-Bangkok return trip last week with Thai Lion Air.
Everything went smoothly from check in to baggage claim.Both flights were on time for departure and arrival.
Brand new Boeing 737 plane.....friendly staff....I can certainly recommend and the costs a bit cheaper than the competition.

Dom Muang is certainly a lot busier than last year and no comparison to two years ago,but I still prefer it to Suvarnabhumi.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

The Lions Share!

Post by stattointhailand » October 17, 2014, 3:18 pm

Is swampy still in use Zid?

Just drove past it on route 7 in both directions (middle of the day) waiting to point a plane out to my little one, and didn't see one taking off or landing in either direction.

That's the nearest ive ever been to the place ....... and hope it stays that way :lol:

GARYZX6R
udonmap.com

The Lions Share!

Post by GARYZX6R » November 25, 2014, 10:21 pm

No complaints from the Lion flight to BKK , but TOP MARKS to the flight attendents dresses ,long red dress with a split up the front . =P~ =P~ . Saw four of them together walking to the plane in Bangers lounge, was like an advert from Linx anti per spray.. :lol:

Return to “Travel & Transport”