Riding Hwy 22

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
Earnest
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by Earnest » January 4, 2015, 9:20 pm

I think it's one of these?

This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by jai yen yen » January 5, 2015, 1:32 am

coxo wrote:Your a member of the old Fogys club JS, possibly even the President, riding defensivly in Thailand, no way, asking for trouble unless you are on a scotter, you will get mowed down on any of the highways, all the boys I ride with go hard because it is safest unless you want a truck to flatten you!
Riding fast means you have less chance of avoiding an accident, as well in the video that guy on the road individual passing traffic on the left going through an intersection is begging to die. But carry on and lots of luck to you.

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by merchant seaman » January 5, 2015, 7:16 am

Some apparently have watched Easy Rider one too many times.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

bumper
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by bumper » January 5, 2015, 1:19 pm

http://youtu.be/S7rnozvPRm8

Have at it boys take this one apart.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

pomps
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by pomps » January 6, 2015, 4:18 am

Only watched 3 mins solly,back roads much better to speed on,no traffic and reducing speed accordingly in a built up village area =D>
The speed to get from one place to another :-k ,gool ole days of taking your time to enjoy the rides are long gone :D 8)

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by merchant seaman » January 6, 2015, 6:30 am

Just look out for cows or have all forgotten already?
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

bumper
udonmap.com

Riding Hwy 22

Post by bumper » January 6, 2015, 1:22 pm

Damn somebody got the point the back road are better. When you ride with a group you are to stay with the group. You have truck that run at 40Klm an hour. Cars that pas oncoming and in your direction as well. Now the fact is I don't ride like that always, Fist videos I pit on here people were complaining it was not fast enough. That was because that camera made things look slow. The Gopro makes then look faster. I know what my bike will do and what i won't do been riding for two years now. (12 year riding in Thailand to include group rides. )

Speed in the country 40 KLMS in the villages at most 90 on the Hwys.

I don't know what you guys thought the speeds were on 22, top speed was 110 and that was passing. I keep the bike in lower gears when I have to do a lot of passing

Someone said it best each to his own. Bikes are not welded together. Yes I probably would be dead by now if I rode like that all the time, But, I don't do that.

I have no desire to tell any of you how to ride, nor evaluate it. It's not my business.

I was simply trying to show i other things that applied to Issan.

You watch a few mins of this one, bored right?

A few n more mins and you would see where the bridge for the road was being rebuilt and we went dirt riding.

Actually all this made me very angry, now let me tell you why. The responses were judgmental , you guys put me in a little box And appeared to be taking great joy ridiculing me. Based on what 7 Mins of my life? I'm not a newbie been here going on 13 years. I have rode a bike just about everyone of those days.

I got my first bike in the states when I was 19, I'm 68 now one serious accident hit by a drunk driver, in the States I have had two hear, once went down because of a dog. I have since learned how to handle that. Hit a second one didn't go down, cause I knew what to do. The second one was my fault I go on the bike when I was angry, that was stupid.

My riding in that video simply is how big bikes travel here in groups. That is what make 22 and parts of 2 dangerous . to many slow moving vehicles and fate vehicles passing constantly. You better not be afraid of that lane on the left. Cars come out to pass oncoming. They don;t care if your the ways. That is where to go have to go to keep from being hood mounted,

Cows come on, Lets try Elephants instead, yes I damn near hit one once in downtown Udon he didn't have the blinker on his tail. Blended right into the night darkness.

If I tried to ride here the way I did in America I would be spending lots of time on hospitals.

So this who think they know how to ride here because they rode in America or most Western Countries.

If you have experiences riding in the same circumstances as me I will listen.

We live in a three dimensional world not the one dimension as you get on a camera. So I saw a lot more then you did when I was doing what I was doing. Bikes are not cars I don;t need a much room a they do. I know how my bike accelerates and how it stops. One of the reason I run o.lower gears is it helps t me stop in I need to. We got off 22 just a fast as we g could. So we could enjoy our ride.

Those who wish to preach law to me have at it. I know what is enforced here and what is not. I'm a retired Sgt of Police.

But, you guys put a label on me and didn't know a darn things about me. Might want to take a look at yourself see how perfect you are. If you are perfect feel free to judge me. If your in perfect fix your own problems, before you worry about mine and I will try to do the same.

Well my vent is over. I tried very hard not to insulting to any of you.
I reserve the right to be wrong, mispell words type badly. leave words out of sentences because my mind works faster then my fingers. To be an OLD GIT I've earned it

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”