A Romantic and Memorable Place In Udon

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
ace112759

Post by ace112759 » January 13, 2015, 10:47 am

Hi All!

In February I meet my gf and we will exchange promise rings and vows we have written for each other. I have never been to UT so far, and I want to surprise her with the location of a very romantic and memorable place to hold this little ceremony.

We both share a love of nature and outdoors, and I certainly do not mind a short road trip if nothing in the city is suitable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will be arriving on Feb 17 so I have a few days of scouting and organizing. She will arrive on the 20th so I have some time.

Thanks in advance. If anyone is interested in showing me where to find the coldest beers in UT, feel free to PM me.

Ace

davery
udonmap.com

Post by davery » January 25, 2015, 12:34 am

Tha Naam Lakeside Restaurant

Over the overpass by Big C, turn left just after the pedestrian overpass, take the First Right..

Evenings are very romantic.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » January 25, 2015, 12:39 am

How romantic are the mosquitoes in that area?
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » January 25, 2015, 1:10 am

OT experienced a very romantic, intimate and memorable time in my truck at Macros car park late one night. Not the most beautiful place in Udon Thani but I will never forget that romantic time with my sweetheart.
If two people are smitten by each other nothing else matters. Plus I'd had the truck cleaned at Tescos earlier that day.

OT....... \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 25, 2015, 9:30 am

old-timer wrote:OT experienced a very romantic, intimate and memorable time in my truck at Macros car park late one night. Not the most beautiful place in Udon Thani but I will never forget that romantic time with my sweetheart.
If two people are smitten by each other nothing else matters. Plus I'd had the truck cleaned at Tescos earlier that day.

I don't want to appear overly inquisitive or voyeuristic OT ............. but did you and your beloved enjoy sitting-up romance in the cab, or did you stretch out in the tray? :-k

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » January 25, 2015, 10:38 am

We didn't take things outside that time, there was security lurking around.

OT............ \:D/

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 25, 2015, 11:24 am

And probably a couple of dozen school kids that hadn't had much tuition on the birds and the bees ... Thankfully OT has higher standards than Gillian Taylforth (Eastenders actress) an unsuccessful libel plaintiff:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/high- ... 09379.html
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » January 25, 2015, 11:28 am

old-timer wrote:We didn't take things outside that time, there was security lurking around.

Straight out of the songbook of Tony Joe White......"Steamy Windows"

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 25, 2015, 11:30 am

Yes OT has more fire in his loins than his name suggests!

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 25, 2015, 11:42 am

GT93 wrote:Yes OT has more fire in his loins than his name suggests!
Strewth OT hasn't been rubbing his loins together and :fart:

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » January 25, 2015, 4:16 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:How romantic are the mosquitoes in that area?
I've never been bitten by mosquitoes at the Naam Lakeside.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

mackatwijan
udonmap.com

Post by mackatwijan » January 27, 2015, 7:01 pm

I was there with the wife last sunday. MMMMM needs a refurbishment badly. Hardly any water in the lake, surroundings a ----- and prices way above normal. I had rice and paneng curry 160 Baht, som tam 65 baht minimum (not good) and geng ba 190 baht. Not what I expected won't be back there

Barstool
udonmap.com

Post by Barstool » January 27, 2015, 7:41 pm

old-timer wrote:OT experienced a very romantic, intimate and memorable time in my truck at Macros car park late one night. Not the most beautiful place in Udon Thani but I will never forget that romantic time with my sweetheart.

Belter OT. I was visiting UT 4 or so years ago staying at the Top Mansions and decided on a "Dawn" expedition. Managed to bump into an off-load from the TM and galliantly volunteered to take her home. Got as far as the small soi after the Samprao intersection. Sun coming up, mosquitoes buzzing gently in the back ground, temple "rakang" clanging away in the background .. it really was romance in it's purest form.
Steve from the Sports Bar can verify this as I was proudly strutting and showing him the room I had in the back of a CRV when he noticed the footmarks on me deckhead;

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » January 28, 2015, 3:05 pm

I think the word "romance" covers many different feelings and activities in Thailand!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 28, 2015, 6:17 pm

ace112759 wrote:Hi All!

In February I meet my gf and we will exchange promise rings and vows we have written for each other. I have never been to UT so far, and I want to surprise her with the location of a very romantic and memorable place to hold this little ceremony.

We both share a love of nature and outdoors, and I certainly do not mind a short road trip if nothing in the city is suitable.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I will be arriving on Feb 17 so I have a few days of scouting and organizing. She will arrive on the 20th so I have some time.

Thanks in advance. If anyone is interested in showing me where to find the coldest beers in UT, feel free to PM me.

Ace
Try Mr Tongs...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » January 28, 2015, 8:19 pm

Barstool wrote: Got as far as the small soi after the Samprao intersection. Sun coming up, mosquitoes buzzing gently in the back ground, temple "rakang" clanging away in the background .. it really was romance in it's purest form.;
Respect

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”