dash cam compilation > graphic stuff, really

This forum is for personal video clips or favourite clips from youtube etc. (Only videos relating to Udon Thani and Thailand please)
ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » April 13, 2015, 6:03 pm

there are a few good clips, one of the best Thai parallel parking I have ever seen (@ 5:40), lots of tragic motorbike deaths and serious accidents and at the end a som nam na tribute to the weaver, note the minivan keeps on going :shock:

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » April 13, 2015, 6:57 pm

that last segment at the end.. I see "speed racers" weaving in and out on the highway regularly with no turn signals all to get one car length ahead... Absolutely crazy drivers...!!
Dave

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 13, 2015, 7:25 pm

Worst thing is, how many times have we all be in most of those situations just minding your own business.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » April 13, 2015, 7:58 pm

Agree Barney and the Sad thing is this compilation shows just how easy it is to loose your life at the expense of couldnt care less drunk , untrained / inexperienced drivers who is in most cases totally unaware of their immediate surroundings for example what the road markings signify and or which lane to use .... biggest killer spots as proven on the vid are traffic light intersections , railroad crossings and Uturns.

I see incidents like this EVERY TIME without fail when drive to Bkk every 10 days - 2 weeks .... what exactly can be done to change things ???? ... cant think of any thing really just be careful out there and always expect the unexpected .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Post by ting_tong » April 13, 2015, 8:02 pm

I got myself a HD dash cam just in case someone does something stupid in front of me.
Amazing the stupidity of the motorbike accidents in the clip!

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » April 14, 2015, 8:09 am

I would hate for a loved one or myself to have an accident here, when someone finally comes to offer assistance the first thing they all do is try and get the injured to a sitting position rather than leaving them or placing them in the coma position, I wonder how many die from these actions? Comes down to education again and again or lack of!

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » April 14, 2015, 8:59 am

coxo wrote:I would hate for a loved one or myself to have an accident here, when someone finally comes to offer assistance the first thing they all do is try and get the injured to a sitting position rather than leaving them or placing them in the coma position, I wonder how many die from these actions? Comes down to education again and again or lack of!
After they've taking a quick video to post on Facebook.

I witnessed a motorbike accident on Koh Chang a few years back. The man lost control on a greasy road and slid in to a tree.
I sat with him waiting for thee ambulance jut keeping him still and calm.
The rescue team arrived I moved to one side and the 2 men lifted the casualty and lay him on the back of the pick up.
No spinal board no restricting potential injuries. Just pick and go.
I shouted "what the ---- are you clowns doing" they just laughed that "stupid farang" laugh.

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » April 14, 2015, 9:28 am

Ditto - had the same with an old fella who came off his motorbike. Obvious broken leg, claret everywhere from headwounds and when the ghouls arrived in the rescue truck one grabbed his ankles and the other under his armpits and loaded him onto a stretcher.

No neck brace, spinal board or splint on his leg. When I tried to show them what should be done my, now estranged went into a rant saying leave them they know what to do. Are you f****ng kiddin? #-o ](*,)
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Charlieb
udonmap.com

Post by Charlieb » April 14, 2015, 1:50 pm

The think that strikes me the most here is that, in most cases, it seems no one was willing to stop and help. Nobody tried to control the situations to redirect traffic to keep another accident from occuring at the same spot. Most simply drove around the scene as if nothing happened.

Typical narcism of the people here. If it does not affect me, why should I care?

Macca
udonmap.com

Post by Macca » April 14, 2015, 1:59 pm

Charlieb wrote:The think that strikes me the most here is that, in most cases, it seems no one was willing to stop and help. Nobody tried to control the situations to redirect traffic to keep another accident from occuring at the same spot. Most simply drove around the scene as if nothing happened.

Typical narcism of the people here. If it does not affect me, why should I care?
My understanding of this is that in many cases it's due to the highly successful Bib in always finding someone too blame.
Stopping to assist can often be seen as an admission of guilt.
Least that's what I've been told.

People might also question why they should help someone who has been so stupid.
In the western world it's against thee law to leave the scene otherwise I am sure many would.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 14, 2015, 3:17 pm

This morning my car cam caught a Thai bloke off-loading his rubbish on the side of the road
He knew he was doing wrong as waited for me to go
But I went back and caught him unloading

Return to “Udon Thani & Thailand Video Clips”