Quality footwear in Udon

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
jovialjames

Quality footwear in Udon

Post by jovialjames » November 26, 2009, 2:56 pm

where can I purchase quality leather shoes and leather boots in Udon? Thanks James

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Re: Quality footwear in Udon

Post by BobHelm » November 26, 2009, 3:18 pm

Ground floor of The Complex, in the far right hand corner before entering the 'perfumery' side of things. Used to be a shoe shop selling he more expensive side of mens' shoes & boots.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » November 26, 2009, 5:37 pm

Agree with above, I bought a pair of Findig boat shoes there plus the first floor before you get to the mobile phone stalls, has a pretty good selection, or did the last time I looked, bought a nice pair of Findig brogues. Before anyone asks, yes I like Findig shoes, good quality leather uppers and soles

jovialjames

Post by jovialjames » November 29, 2009, 1:53 pm

Thanks for the replies fellas, I actually nearly bought a pair of findigs the last time I was in Pattaya, but the service person was so rude to me, (like so many of the people in pattaya) I decided not to buy them. I thought they were really well made for thai stuff.
I am particularly interested in snake skin / crocodile skin boots, do you know of any places that sell good stuff in Udon? I am not looking for any rubbish, I nearly bought a pair in Pattaya until I noticed a nail protruding from the soles. Once again, the pattaya shops are trying to flog the poor quality stuff to the tourists that frequent that place.
cu James

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » November 29, 2009, 7:10 pm

The shop I mentioned certainly used to James - that is why I remember it because it used to have some on display in the window. Have no idea on the quality but, from memory, they certainly were NOT cheap to buy..

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 29, 2009, 9:00 pm

I concur Bob.

I bought a pair of sandals there on one of my early visits to Udon (circa late 2003) for 1000 baht - bloody expensive at the time. This was after a couple of experiences in Pattaya buying very comfortable, and perhaps even fashionable, jobs for about 180 baht. Alas they gave out quickly.

After probably 50,000km on the clock (me and them) around the vast expanses of Asia, the expensive ones are still going - albeit, and sadly, down to the final 3mm of tread.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » November 30, 2009, 6:28 am

I bought 2 pair of sandals there a few years ago,relatively expensive,2000B,but 1 pair lasted about 2+ years,which satisfied me!The problem was that an identical pair fell apart in 2 days!

It seems that the rubber soles fall apart with time not just wear.The rubber started cracking and leaving chunks everywhere I walked!So my thoughts ,now ,are how old is the inventory? :roll:

The leather upper portion is still in great shape and I like it very much,but all the rubber is rotten.

I am now looking for a real shoe making shop that can use the top portion and build a nice thick cushion sole for them!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 30, 2009, 8:37 am

BKKSTAN wrote:ll:

The leather upper portion is still in great shape and I like it very much,but all the rubber is rotten.

I am now looking for a real shoe making shop that can use the top portion and build a nice thick cushion sole for them!
Stan . I recommend a small open front shop on the corner of a soi near the main bus station .Going from the lights at Chareon hotel towards the bus station , its on the left. I had a pair of expensive shoes from England that were 10 years old, very , very comfortable, but unfortunately the sun and rain here in Thailand caused the soles to rot. I was about to sling them out but my wife , unknown to me, took them there .They put complete new soles on the uppers, stiched not glued, and of course a synthetic material not leather . Cost just over 200bht .Just like new again . \:D/

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » November 30, 2009, 8:44 am

Val I got a bit confused here - are you saying this shop was able to put new, stitched synthetic soles on your wife, and she is just like new again?

:D

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » November 30, 2009, 8:49 am

jackspratt wrote:Val I got a bit confused here - are you saying this shop was able to put new, stitched synthetic soles on your wife, and she is just like new again?

:D
I can assure you Jack my wife doesn't require any sort of refurbishment .Anywhere . :lol:

TJ
udonmap.com

Post by TJ » November 30, 2009, 10:07 am

trubrit wrote: I had a pair of expensive shoes from England that were 10 years old, very , very comfortable, but unfortunately the sun and rain here in Thailand caused the soles to rot. I was about to sling them out but my wife , unknown to me, took them there .They put complete new soles on the uppers, stiched not glued, and of course a synthetic material not leather . Cost just over 200bht .Just like new again . \:D/
I prefer the style and quality of shoes and sports shirts in the U.S. over what I see in Thailand. In the U.S. I buy Polo or Polo-like shoes and sports shirts at reduced cost, limited supply outlets. U.S. sport shirts cost sbout 700 baht. Quality non-business shoes cost from 1200 to 2000 baht. IMO the U.S. shoes have better quality and design. Thai stores have cheaper prices and know brands, but not what I would normally buy.

chapfel

Quality footwear in Udon

Post by chapfel » April 26, 2015, 1:19 pm

yes you are right. FINDIG design is quite cool, and they using nice leather. bought a pair of mens shoes in 2013, lasted quite long. and bought another pair of same design ´in bangkok 6 weeks ago...and it was not cheap... already gone. i think they dont have constant quality production. The heel this time was made of a kind of "pressed wood" ??
wearn down quickly, the sole on the heels was colored black. the color disappeared after first rain... and now the heels are lose. pretty disappointing...seems findig lost a fan.

chapfel

Quality footwear in Udon

Post by chapfel » April 26, 2015, 1:22 pm

additionally, they dont have e mail on their www , so not even a chance to complain.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Quality footwear in Udon

Post by semperfiguy » April 26, 2015, 6:51 pm

Robinsons in Central Plaza has a good assortment of quality men's shoes but they are rather pricy. There's a store in the rear of the Premium Outlet Complex (which is beside Index Living) and the men's section is on the second floor. Take the outside escalator and enter upstairs. They have a huge assortment of quality men's shoes...and nice ones at that. That place is a real find for all types of men's wear!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”