ANZAC DAY 2015 at Aussie Burger Sports Bar.

Monthly meetings, organizations, important dates to remember etc.
trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 26, 2015, 11:35 am

Aardvark wrote:Actually Val I seem to remember about 10 years ago you attended our Anzac Day Celebrations at Justin's Aussie Bar in Adunyaded Road. Wazza brought his BBQ and played cook for the day. I also remember you at the Bar enjoying a drink with the rest of us after the Ceremony, and even having a go at two up. The Day was topped off with you coming to the rescue of a young Damsel who was drunk and needed a lift home. You returned a short time later complaining she had Vomited in your Car :D There was a lesson to be learned on that Day too ;)
I think you are confusing me with someone else.I only once ever went into that bar and it certainly wasn't an Anzac day, nor have I ever had a young lady sick in my car, in fact I have never owned a car since being in Udon Thani. Just putting the record straight. :-"

Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 26, 2015, 3:58 pm

Well let's hope that Aardy wasn't drinking and chatting to Lord Lucan and the poor lass, vomit aside, got home safely.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » April 26, 2015, 6:51 pm

I have spent the last week on both sides of the Dardenelles touring many sites, ANZAC, Brit and Turkish with my trip culminating in both the Dawn Servic at ANZAC COVE and later at Lone Pine yesterday.

I am a veteran and can only admire the courage and determination of all the soldiers who fought, died or were wounded in very inhospitable terrain.

I was with a group who like a beer or three and know for sure no one had a beer between 3pm 24/4/2015 and 11 pm 25/4/2015
Gurgle, Gurgle...

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 26, 2015, 11:38 pm

Wokka

Wonderful experience and well deserved , Stand Tall

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 26, 2015, 11:44 pm

This ANZAC Day was great, everything went to plan with the help of former Australian military personnel.

We arrived about 5.20am and within a short time, the service area was complete, thank you to the Thai workers, ladies and Tony, Jerry, David, Tom and Casper my little Dutch mate who fixed up the live coverages from Australia, Gallipoli and France.

About 8am, coffee, tea, home made cakes and the traditional Bundaberg rum and milk came out. TheThailand Royal Army Officers arrived and were warmly greeted by all, thank you. I met so many other people that morning and I wish to thank you all for attending and making a great morning out of it. Steve from Udons #1 Sports bar attended with his friends and thankyou. I cannot give enough praise to the Aussie bar staff and their helpers, Nat, Noi and a couple of other ladies,they did a fantastic job and without you, the day would not have been a success.

Just a light drizzle fell, but it was not enough to take away the mood of the people, nobody dashed out for an umbrella. And a thank you also to Udon Gourmet meats who donated some of the corned beef, great stuff it was too.

See you all next year,
Rob.

downunder
udonmap.com

Post by downunder » April 27, 2015, 5:46 am

AARDVARK You have made a fool of yourself AGAIN. That was me you were talking about, and it was eight years ago. Just goes to show you not to open your mouth until you have the facts, as with you as long as you can tell a story the facts do not matter.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 27, 2015, 6:02 am

Congratulations to you and your hard working team for pulling this off.

I hope the tip box was overflowing for the staff.

Always a great place to watch some good Australian and International events in entertaining company.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » April 27, 2015, 9:04 am

wazza wrote:I certainly recall your previous comments years ago as the so called administrator at Kanchanaburi or similar.

Your seem to not understand Australian Culture.

If you dont like the way Australians choose to celebrate ANZAC Day then by all means ask. BtW did you actually go to the service today perhaps somebody could have explained it easier than me at 0130 hrs today.

Lets change the way we celebrate and call it a wake. Traditional for Brits and Irish ?

From memory the last Brit that died in Udon that i knew and attended his service all the Poms went to the Pub after to have a beer. Funny eh.
Once again your perfectly correct, if the way you and a few others choose to "celebrate"(your word , not mine) is Australian culture then I certainly don't understand it. Fortunately as Wokka's post and a communication I have recently received from the present superintendent of both war graves in Kanchanaburi and curator of the museum alongside the main one,who incidentally is Australian , informing me that signs have been erected stopping all drink and food from being taken in at any time and the Thai vendors that gathered outside selling their wares have been disbanded, another sore point with me although I suppose they could be excused through lack of historical knowledge , which hopefully you and others who think it's suitable to do, cannot claim.I also understand that at this years ceremony the emphasise was on remembrance and drinks were not provided .So it would appear that someone is waking up to the fact that outside your own country others find the celebratory nature of drinking on such a solemn occasion is viewed with distaste.
As for having a drink when the last Brit died in Udon. You seem unable to distinguish between death at the end of a long life and the premature cutting short of the young lives that died in battle .I myself have left instructions and provided for those closest to me to have a champagne toast in celebration of my life rather than mourning my death .The circumstances are completely different .
My final post on this subject as you appear to be losing the plot and attempting to make it a personal attack on me . Sorry I am too mature to play those games . :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 27, 2015, 9:33 am

I take it you wont ever ask this repetative question again.

I note you never did state the dates when you first became aware of this at Hell Fire Pass nor when you posted years ago. We do read the same language as you did say.

Line cast but you surely didnt expect the detailed responses you got. Bit of back peddling doesnt hurt anyone even you.

Yes the food and drinks signs are up at the Commonwealth War Grave Cemetary and are valid for 365 days of the year not just 1 as you seem to imply in your reply.

Not sure if us Aussies would appreciate your champagne. Certainly see you off with a spray of warm Fosters.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 27, 2015, 11:00 am

[quote="trubrit

My final post on this subject . :-"[/quote]

I really hope so, thank you.

croc
udonmap.com

Post by croc » April 27, 2015, 11:30 am

Now on a happy note

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 27, 2015, 1:02 pm

555+ They need to update it with Abbott's recent skol.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » April 27, 2015, 3:48 pm

trubrit wrote:
wazza wrote:I certainly recall your previous comments years ago as the so called administrator at Kanchanaburi or similar.

Your seem to not understand Australian Culture.

If you dont like the way Australians choose to celebrate ANZAC Day then by all means ask. BtW did you actually go to the service today perhaps somebody could have explained it easier than me at 0130 hrs today.

Lets change the way we celebrate and call it a wake. Traditional for Brits and Irish ?

From memory the last Brit that died in Udon that i knew and attended his service all the Poms went to the Pub after to have a beer. Funny eh.
Once again your perfectly correct, if the way you and a few others choose to "celebrate"(your word , not mine) is Australian culture then I certainly don't understand it. Fortunately as Wokka's post and a communication I have recently received from the present superintendent of both war graves in Kanchanaburi and curator of the museum alongside the main one,who incidentally is Australian , informing me that signs have been erected stopping all drink and food from being taken in at any time and the Thai vendors that gathered outside selling their wares have been disbanded, another sore point with me although I suppose they could be excused through lack of historical knowledge , which hopefully you and others who think it's suitable to do, cannot claim.I also understand that at this years ceremony the emphasise was on remembrance and drinks were not provided .So it would appear that someone is waking up to the fact that outside your own country others find the celebratory nature of drinking on such a solemn occasion is viewed with distaste.
As for having a drink when the last Brit died in Udon. You seem unable to distinguish between death at the end of a long life and the premature cutting short of the young lives that died in battle .I myself have left instructions and provided for those closest to me to have a champagne toast in celebration of my life rather than mourning my death .The circumstances are completely different .
My final post on this subject as you appear to be losing the plot and attempting to make it a personal attack on me . Sorry I am too mature to play those games . :-"
I was this year at Kanchanaburi there was a great attendance around 1,500, and after the service we all had a good feed and Aussie and Kiwi beers were on hand supplied by the respective Embassies. There were also around 25 serving Aussie soldiers from 3RAR who myself and some other ex British Paras drank with the 3RAR Para trained guys. Well done Rob one day I will make your service and give Kanchanaburi a miss.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » April 28, 2015, 1:57 am

Reddevil

Appreciate your comments

1500 is a 50% increase on the normal estimate of 1000 for the day service at Kanchanaburi.

Did you make it to the ANZAC Dawn Service at Hell Fire Pass at all ? probably one of the most solemn services i have ever attended.

Good to see you have a chance to catch up with others in the traditional bash. Years ago i heard that 2 sides from BKK played a version of AFL footie there also.

Suttoh
udonmap.com

Post by Suttoh » May 2, 2015, 12:47 pm

why do you poms feel the need to insult Australians at every given opportunity???? if you have something to say about the way we commemorate ANZAC then come down to the bar and do so in person, im always available to debate the matter!!!! my name is clear to see just ask for me and ill gladly chat, if your game enough!!!! whining ******* that you mostly are

Suttoh
udonmap.com

Post by Suttoh » May 2, 2015, 12:58 pm

Congrats Rob on a great day on ANZAC day, truly enjoyed the day, well done mate!!!!

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » May 2, 2015, 1:21 pm

Suttoh wrote:why do you poms feel the need to insult Australians at every given opportunity???? if you have something to say about the way we commemorate ANZAC then come down to the bar and do so in person, im always available to debate the matter!!!! my name is clear to see just ask for me and ill gladly chat, if your game enough!!!! whining ******* that you mostly are
Well sorry you feel about us Poms like that, I have attended 5 ANZAC days at Kanchanaburi and there has never been any wining by me so maybe the ------ should be your new name and I am also a regular at Robs so just point yourself out to me when I am in the bar my name is Jim and most in Robs know me as I also do a lot of charity work for the Royal British Legion

reddevil
udonmap.com

Post by reddevil » May 2, 2015, 1:26 pm

wazza wrote:Reddevil

Appreciate your comments

1500 is a 50% increase on the normal estimate of 1000 for the day service at Kanchanaburi.

Did you make it to the ANZAC Dawn Service at Hell Fire Pass at all ? probably one of the most solemn services i have ever attended.

Good to see you have a chance to catch up with others in the traditional bash. Years ago i heard that 2 sides from BKK played a version of AFL footie there also.
Wazza I did not make Hell fire pass this year as was in BKK picking up 4 British Paras who came over for the service and were in Kan late.

Re the AFL game yes I was there with Dave from Sport bar soi sampan and Jimmy from Gourmet meats if I remember 1 team was from BKK and 1 from Laos.

Suttoh
udonmap.com

Post by Suttoh » May 3, 2015, 2:01 pm

reddevil wrote:
Suttoh wrote:why do you poms feel the need to insult Australians at every given opportunity???? if you have something to say about the way we commemorate ANZAC then come down to the bar and do so in person, im always available to debate the matter!!!! my name is clear to see just ask for me and ill gladly chat, if your game enough!!!! whining ******* that you mostly are
Well sorry you feel about us Poms like that, I have attended 5 ANZAC days at Kanchanaburi and there has never been any wining by me so maybe the ------ should be your new name and I am also a regular at Robs so just point yourself out to me when I am in the bar my name is Jim and most in Robs know me as I also do a lot of charity work for the Royal British Legion
im sure your the ------ jim, your a Pom and that says it all!!!

Suttoh
udonmap.com

Post by Suttoh » May 3, 2015, 2:41 pm

reddevil wrote:
Attachments
image.jpg

Return to “Notice Board”