July 4th Celebration?

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
milkman
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by milkman » June 30, 2013, 3:21 pm

I'm a proud American and want to celebrate July 4th in Udon. Last year, the VFW had a party at Nam Prajak and we happily attended. I wonder if there's anything going on this coming July 4th?

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by FrazeeDK » June 30, 2013, 6:35 pm

heard it through the grapevine having the celebration at Nong Prajak Park entailed jumping through too many hoops. I note from the VFW Post website that it's being held at a private location. The VFW hasn't publicized it as far as I can see so it may be for members only.. VFW site map to the site here: http://www.udonvfw10249.org/Resources/j ... %20Map.pdf As noted on the map, the current VFW Commander Bert Marohl is the point of contact..
Dave

papaguido
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by papaguido » June 30, 2013, 6:59 pm

The minutes for the month of May state the following:
All VFW Member's, your family and a few friends are invited to attend.

BigRick808
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by BigRick808 » July 10, 2013, 10:16 pm

So, how did the 4th go? I think the VFW should invite all American citizens to attend. Of course, they can do as they wish. I just think it should be a time for all of us to come together and celebrate our national holiday of independence even if we weren't in a foreign war. Hell, I'd even bring my own hot dog if that's the problem.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by WBU ALUM » July 10, 2013, 11:09 pm

BigRick808 wrote:So, how did the 4th go? I think the VFW should invite all American citizens to attend. Of course, they can do as they wish. I just think it should be a time for all of us to come together and celebrate our national holiday of independence even if we weren't in a foreign war. Hell, I'd even bring my own hot dog if that's the problem.
Pretty much agree.

It would be nice, but like you said, they can do what they wish. It's their group.

I'd bring my own hotdog, too; but if it's about bringing a hotdog, I don't know if I want to be around folks like that anyway. :lol: Give me a small group of good, sincere friends who don't think about stuff like that. I celebrated with a big bike ride to Pattaya.
=D>
“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain

BigRick808
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by BigRick808 » July 10, 2013, 11:44 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. I just meant that if they have limited finances to buy food for the thousands that would come :) Seriously, I realize that costs may be a concern , but I would pay a fair "plate fee" if that was all that was causing the exclusion. I wouldn't think less of anyone for that.

A bike ride from BKK...or...? Even Bangkok would be a stretch for me, but it does sound nice.

WBU ALUM
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by WBU ALUM » July 11, 2013, 5:13 am

BigRick808 wrote:A bike ride from BKK...or...? Even Bangkok would be a stretch for me, but it does sound nice.
UTH to Pattaya.
“In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.” - Mark Twain

milkman
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by milkman » July 11, 2013, 4:45 pm

It went fine. There were maybe 1/4 as many people as last year, but that was at Nam Prajak Park, this was in a covered area of a housing estate near the airport. Everybody was nice and there was music and food. Few fans and it was one of those real hot hot hot days, so we couldn't stay long. But I was glad to go there, I find I miss America and Americans.

GT93
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by GT93 » July 2, 2015, 3:26 pm

Some 4 July propaganda to NZ from VP Biden.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/politic ... ay-message

I think NZ needs to sign up to the Trans Pacific Partnership trade agreement like we want a hole in the head. Biden's message indicates it's important to Uncle Sam.

Unfortunately our current idiotic Tory government is tempted. Hopefully even they are not that stupid. The Chinese offer better deals. Parts of the world including democracies are drifting into the Chinese camp because the US government pushes too strongly for US corporate interests. It shouldn't be this way.

Anyhow happy 4 July to our US posters. NZ's national day, Waitangi Day, 6 February, is a day of controversy and pushing and shoving. It's more a day of thinking than a day of national unity. Hey, but that's us.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

milkman
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by milkman » July 2, 2015, 4:40 pm

Anything going on this 2015 July 4th in Udon? We Americans want to celebrate!

can123
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by can123 » July 2, 2015, 7:11 pm

milkman wrote:Anything going on this 2015 July 4th in Udon? We Americans want to celebrate!

Why ? You would have been much better off remaining a colony.

reddevil
udonmap.com

July 4th Celebration?

Post by reddevil » July 2, 2015, 7:55 pm

milkman wrote:Anything going on this 2015 July 4th in Udon? We Americans want to celebrate!
This Englishman will be celebrating as I left my first wife on that date actually waited so I would remember :lol: :lol:

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”