Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

General Udon Thani topics only!
GT93
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by GT93 » July 2, 2015, 5:12 pm

Gosh, our very familiar friends are having a biffo in this thread too. :D

A tuxedo? Streuth you're in Thailand man. You'll look a -------- in a tux. Up to you. I guess you see it differently. You gotta to be worried though about KP's suggestion. He's not famous for being culturally sensitive and yet he's very progressive on this issue.

Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by Khun Paul » July 2, 2015, 5:52 pm

Before you dismiss out of hand a Thai dress style, it is a silk jacket worn with only a vest underneath and trousers also normally made of silk. Some may also wear the coloured band over a shoulder to denote they are in fact the groom.
it is not a silly idea and one that would be far more comfortable than wearing a Tuxedo i can tell you, after the event I changed into my Mess Dress one which although went down well with the Thias was a bloody hot thing to wear even in a fully air conditioned hotel etc.
Some may and do think wearing Thai dress is stupid but then if you are comfortable , wear what the bloody hell you want and bugger the rest and GT my cultural sense is in full working order as I had my jacket made for me with all the correct stitching so make sure of your facts before spouting thanks.

skinner
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by skinner » July 3, 2015, 8:57 am

samster wrote:Was in Udon today. The shop has signage which appears to say IIWSC - but the "C" is backwards so may be Thai letters!!

Don't thank me yet - it was 4 or 5 years ago (don't tell the wife I cant remember!!) and, whilst I was obviously wearing a blazer, slacks and a boater when I changed into the suit, in the intervening years it could have been worn by many falang who changed out of their egg stained vests and p*** soaked Liverpool/Everton/Man U etc shorts......!!

Hope your day is as memorable as mine was.
The "C" is backwards hahahaha MAY BE THAI LETTERS !!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA Could that be because this is Thailand ?? The name is probably Praew, if written as you say. Are you sure you don't belong in an egg stained vest?

HAHAHAHA

socksy
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by socksy » July 3, 2015, 1:36 pm

Does a kilt, Rangers shirt and nae drawers appeal? If nowt else you'll get yer tackle fumbled on numerous occasions. Believe me!
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

MrPrefect
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by MrPrefect » July 3, 2015, 3:55 pm

trubrit wrote:
Khun Paul wrote:Instead of attempting to find a Tuxedo why not search for a some formal Thai wear, silk trousers in silver and a nicely tailored jacket Thai style, would compliment the wedding and the function I am sure. That is what i did and it worked a treat.
Maybe just me but I consider seeing a farang, man or woman , attempting to wear a That traditional dress one of the most hilarious sights available here . As for an aging man,well way past being a virginal age, wearing white, unless a military dress , equally funny . :roll:
Offcourse it is going to be hilarious, but the Thais like it, my friends from Europe like it, my wife likes it, and its a show of good will towards my adopted country. So why not?

(Although I am past my virginal age, I am still a couple of decades away from being an aging man.)

Shado
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by Shado » July 3, 2015, 4:07 pm

....but the Thais like it, my friends from Europe like it, my wife likes it, and its a show of good will towards my adopted country. So why not?
Absolutely. You have the kind of attitude that helps to make for a successful marriage. Enjoy yourself and enjoy giving other folks a pleasant experience as well. =D>

samster
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by samster » July 3, 2015, 4:54 pm

skinner wrote:
samster wrote:Was in Udon today. The shop has signage which appears to say IIWSC - but the "C" is backwards so may be Thai letters!!

Don't thank me yet - it was 4 or 5 years ago (don't tell the wife I cant remember!!) and, whilst I was obviously wearing a blazer, slacks and a boater when I changed into the suit, in the intervening years it could have been worn by many falang who changed out of their egg stained vests and p*** soaked Liverpool/Everton/Man U etc shorts......!!

The "C" is backwards hahahaha MAY BE THAI LETTERS !!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA Could that be because this is Thailand ?? The name is probably Praew, if written as you say. Are you sure you don't belong in an egg stained vest?

HAHAHAHA
Really, I live in Thailand?? Interesting comment of yours..... If I had written Praew, your assumption is that the OP would have understood and found the shop? I tried to be helpful and identify the shop in a way that any falang would understand. Better get that vest in for its yearly wash!!

skinner
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by skinner » July 4, 2015, 1:27 am

samster wrote:
skinner wrote:

HAHAHAHA
Really, I live in Thailand?? Interesting comment of yours..... If I had written Praew, your assumption is that the OP would have understood and found the shop? I tried to be helpful and identify the shop in a way that any falang would understand. Better get that vest in for its yearly wash!!
You make the assumption that the garment has been worn by farang in egg stained vests and pi*s stained football shirt
I make the assumption that you are just another kn*b who hasn't got a clue.

trubrit
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by trubrit » July 4, 2015, 7:22 am

[quote=]

Offcourse it is going to be hilarious, but the Thais like it, my friends from Europe like it, my wife likes it, and its a show of good will towards my adopted country. So why not?

(Although I am past my virginal age, I am still a couple of decades away from being an aging man.)[/quote]
Of course the Thai's like it, it's the first step to getting you to think like them and accept their customs , once having done so will come a request for a sin sod . \:D/ :lol:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

GT93
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by GT93 » July 4, 2015, 7:31 am

Shado wrote:
....but the Thais like it, my friends from Europe like it, my wife likes it, and its a show of good will towards my adopted country. So why not?
Absolutely. You have the kind of attitude that helps to make for a successful marriage. Enjoy yourself and enjoy giving other folks a pleasant experience as well. =D>
Great post shado. If you want a successful inter-cultural marriage you gotta meet half-way or thereabouts. For the original poster going for the tux though doesn't mean that won't happen.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by Khun Paul » July 4, 2015, 7:36 am

Cynical TB Cynical !!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by trubrit » July 4, 2015, 7:47 am

Khun Paul wrote:Cynical TB Cynical !!
Me cynical? Never. Factual Paul. :roll:
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

GT93
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by GT93 » July 4, 2015, 7:53 am

Unless you're marrying a drop-dead gorgeous university educated woman with no children half your age, the sin sod after a bit of negotiation is pocket money. I stand to be corrected.

In farangland farang couples can easily blow a decent deposit for a house on a wedding unless one of the parents is generous and making really good dough. You don't want Homer Simpson as your father-in-law.

samster
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by samster » July 4, 2015, 4:48 pm

skinner wrote:
samster wrote:
skinner wrote:

HAHAHAHA
You make the assumption that the garment has been worn by farang in egg stained vests and pi*s stained football shirt
I make the assumption that you are just another kn*b who hasn't got a clue.
Looks like your just another falang who has lost it. Whereas my comment was clearly tongue in cheek (you seen anyone in Udon with a boater and blazer??!!), yours was just offensive when I was going out of my way to help someone. Welcome to Udonmap, you should fit in nicely.

MrPrefect
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by MrPrefect » July 4, 2015, 7:29 pm

trubrit wrote:
wrote:

(Although I am past my virginal age, I am still a couple of decades away from being an aging man.)
Of course the Thai's like it, it's the first step to getting you to think like them and accept their customs , once having done so will come a request for a sin sod . \:D/ :lol:
Maybe if you are staying in Thailand, thinking a little like them is not such a bad idea. And maybe if you are in a different country you should accept their customs, or get back to where you came from.

MrPrefect
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by MrPrefect » July 4, 2015, 8:06 pm

GT93 wrote:Unless you're marrying a drop-dead gorgeous university educated woman with no children half your age, the sin sod after a bit of negotiation is pocket money. I stand to be corrected.

In farangland farang couples can easily blow a decent deposit for a house on a wedding unless one of the parents is generous and making really good dough. You don't want Homer Simpson as your father-in-law.
She is drop dead gorgeous (Or at least so say I :) ) university educated with no children, but not half my age. Thankfully, as that wouldn`t be very legal, at least not where I come from. Still the sinsod is far less than I would have to pay for a wedding back home.

I`m not saying I love the concept of sinsod, far from it, but the money is as GT93 puts it "pocket money"

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Tuxedo in Udon Thani?

Post by Khun Paul » July 5, 2015, 6:31 am

Before we go down the lane discussing all your wedding details which although for some may be interesting, as far as I am concerned, I hope that you will enjoy your wedding, and the ensuing bliss that will follow. You seem to have a sensible head on your shoulders never forget logical thought and be happy. There is nothing more to be said on this matter the rest is purely a private matter between you and your intended.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”