New Immigration Fee?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
jackspratt
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by jackspratt » July 31, 2015, 3:10 pm

This appears to be the letter (and instructions) from the British Embassy.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 2E&cad=rjt

I note a couple of things:

1. there is no need to appear personally at the embassy in Bangkok - in fact, the instructions seem to discourage that

2. there is no prescription as to what "evidence" is required - just a nebulous "Pension/Income Name"

A pension letter with the relevant persons name on it would seem pretty clear cut - I wonder how much something not so obvious eg rental income, would be scrutinised by embassy staff. :-k

stereolab
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by stereolab » July 31, 2015, 3:30 pm

As a comparison to the Udon Immigration office,

Does the Nong Khai office have a 30-day waiting period for the retirement visa extension?[/color]
Not last October, received mine same day, no hassle, no return.

Do they charge a fee for transferring a visa to a new passport or address verification letters?[/quote]

No experience with this, sorry

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » July 31, 2015, 4:10 pm

stereolab wrote:As a comparison to the Udon Immigration office,

Does the Nong Khai office have a 30-day waiting period for the retirement visa extension?

Not last October, received mine same day, no hassle, no return..
Thanks for the response.

Proof each office does things differently.
UFF DA!

pal52
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by pal52 » July 31, 2015, 4:19 pm

stereolab wrote:As a comparison to the Udon Immigration office,

Does the Nong Khai office have a 30-day waiting period for the retirement visa extension?[/color]
Not last October, received mine same day, no hassle, no return.

Do they charge a fee for transferring a visa to a new passport or address verification letters?

No experience with this, sorry
.[/quote]

Changed my wifes Visa into her new passport at Nong Khai.
They specifically stated it was a free service No Charge

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » July 31, 2015, 4:31 pm

pal52 wrote: Changed my wifes Visa into her new passport at Nong Khai.
They specifically stated it was a free service No Charge
By many reports, 500 Baht charged for this at Udon. :cry:
UFF DA!

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » July 31, 2015, 4:39 pm

kubotatim wrote: And have they ever bothered, so many brag about it??????? Immigration now want proof, good on them.
Who? Show us on this forum one person who's bragging about lying to their Embassy.
kubotatim wrote:We cannot falsify in UK consulate as we have to prove our income, and so should everyone else, UK do not come to Udon, we have to go to Bangkok, you lot can lie as much as you want and immigration has finally cottoned on, good in my opinion we all know the rules.
I'm not accusing anyone of lying (as you seem to be) But it certainly is possible. A UK citizen could create a false document as evidence of income and have no fear of any legal action (as far as I'm aware of). They state on the website that they do not verify your income:
· Completed form as below. Please note we will use the financial figures provided on this form and will not check or amend any financial amounts.
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... Master.pdf
The tone of your post sounds like you have a chip on your shoulder or are suffering from "green eye" because the reality is the US process to get a income verification letter is easier, cheaper and the US Embassy provides better service to its citizens. I know of no American that would get an affidavit under false pretenses as the threat of committing perjury carries penalties that are sever.

From the other thread on this subject:
I was asked to sign 2 separate papers stating that for my next extension I will need to provide evidence that at least 65,000 baht of my 'pension' was deposited each month in the Thai bank system.
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/i ... 69-30.html
The problem I see with this new requirement of the Nong Khai office is they are not just verifying your income, they are requiring you have that money in Thailand and you then cannot leave that money in your home country bank, drawing out funds as required.

With the income letter, you are just verifying that you make over 800K per year. With their new requirement they are asking for a Thai bankbook or bank statement so you have to actually have that 800K in a thai bank. Not everyone wants to do that or needs to spend that much every year. Now you will have no choice.
UFF DA!

kubotatim
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by kubotatim » July 31, 2015, 5:52 pm

You are looking through rose tinted glass's the yank way is a complete farse and I am glad they are clamping down on it.

Jello
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Jello » July 31, 2015, 6:20 pm

kubotatim wrote:You are looking through rose tinted glass's the yank way is a complete farse and I am glad they are clamping down on it.
And you back-up this ridiculous statement with.... nothing.

No facts, no examples, no reference, not even a half ass rebuttal addressing anything I've written.

How boring.

There is no "clamp-down" on any one specific nationality. There is no evidence of that other that what you've created in your own mind. This is a change that will effect everyone applying for retirement extensions at the Nong Khai office starting next year. If you have any proof contrary to that please post it. Otherwise, it's just hot air.
UFF DA!

Charlieb
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Charlieb » July 31, 2015, 6:41 pm

18 U.S. Code § 1621

Whoever—
(1) having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer, or person, in any case in which a law of the United States authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify, declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony, declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
(2) in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title 28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material matter which he does not believe to be true;
is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the statement or subscription is made within or without the United States.

As Jello says I don't think many Americans would take that chance. If you know of any feel free to report them to the U.S. Embassy

kubotatim
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by kubotatim » July 31, 2015, 9:30 pm

I am no grass,, bla bla bla 55555555555555.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by Khun Paul » August 1, 2015, 8:54 am

Hey , oh my god the contradictions , the arguments, I only said I assume no real facts just assumptions, I may be wrong, BUT based on factual evidence, aka Udon Thani do not require it, Bangkok seems not to want it and other Immigration offices seem not to require this monthly sighting of deposits, one can only therefore assume that it was a knee jerk reaction to something that has occurred in that offices jurisdiction.
Legal offices have never heard of it and it would appear neither has the rest of the Immigration dept, ( but watch this space ) so to date only one office requires it, or have stated that they require it, whether or not they will insist and deny a Visa based purely on a letter of Income signed by an Embassy remains to be seen as yet.
Most expats I know would undergo some problems in organising the monthly deposit some losing money in the undertaking.
One person I know uses his credit card for everything and pays it off every month and it costs his far less than getting money sent here even monthly .
So it is a mute point as to why Nong Khai are asking people, but then when many of us came here Nong Khai was a problem for a variety of reasons, some including myself undertook a yearly visit to Bangkok for renewal until they brought in the rule that you must use the Office where you live.
We will watch this with interest I expect, no need to get hot under the collar about letters and whether your government would send you to prison for lying on a form, most wouldn't and we know they would not. As the only person who would suffer would be yourself , just desserts the Govt would think.

Maybe Embassies have tightened up their own in house rules about forms and the like I don't know , but I do know that there are many here , who if it was not for assistance in some form or another would not be able to renew. How they do that I have no idea, nor am I really interested in them, but some cry about people staying here seemingly illegally remember the old adage ' People in Glass Houses do not throw stones '
We all in some form or another have transgressed the laws in our own countries and even here, some still do , you see them riding around without helmets ( bloody stupid if you ask me, which of course you are not ) Drinking and driving , working , many many other transgressions which are generally ignored.
WE mount major offensive over what appears to be a change in certain requirements, on these changes some are justified some are made purely on a whim .
Hence the report on what Udon Thani said at a renewal.

downunder
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by downunder » August 25, 2015, 4:12 pm

Today, I went to Udon Immigration to pay my 90 day extension for my ''O'' Married Visa which I have been doing for my second year now. On receiving my first ''O'' Visa I paid the 1900 [2000] baht. For the next three extensions in that 12 months I payed 1900 [2000]
For this second 12 months duration I payed the same money for the ''O''VISA. On renewing my first extension I forgot to pay but thought that was a win for me, however the second extension the man put forward a box to which I put the 2000 baht in.
Today, I was surprised to learn that when I went to Pay the young Lady who processed my extension told me If I paid on time the 1900 DID NOT HAVE TO BE PAID.
QUESTION. is this something new or have I been in the dark all this time/DU

pal52
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by pal52 » August 25, 2015, 4:35 pm

Can not understand what you are talking about.
You do a 90 day report to state you are still at the same address which is free.
You only do a extension to your yearly marriage visa every 12 months which is 1900 baht

samuel
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by samuel » August 25, 2015, 4:41 pm

pal52 wrote:Can not understand what you are talking about.
neither do I.
:-k

udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by 12345 » August 25, 2015, 5:45 pm

downunder wrote:Today, I went to Udon Immigration to pay my 90 day extension for my ''O'' Married Visa which I have been doing for my second year now. On receiving my first ''O'' Visa I paid the 1900 [2000] baht. For the next three extensions in that 12 months I payed 1900 [2000]
For this second 12 months duration I payed the same money for the ''O''VISA. On renewing my first extension I forgot to pay but thought that was a win for me, however the second extension the man put forward a box to which I put the 2000 baht in.
Today, I was surprised to learn that when I went to Pay the young Lady who processed my extension told me If I paid on time the 1900 DID NOT HAVE TO BE PAID.
Well at least one gal is honest.

1. There is no 90 day extension on 'O" marriage visa, to my knowledge. There is a 90 day check in / notification, check your heart pulse, make sure you are still alive and living at same address. That is free, though I've seen many an idiot tip from 20 - 100 baht for that 'no smile, no talk, FO, why you make me work service'

2. As you should already know, so more for others reading, your first 'O' marriage visa is for one year, and applied for and received outside of Thailand. A marriage visa may be changed to a retirement visa, and visa versa. They are extended in country / Thailand for 1900 baht, and good for one year, with 'FREE' 90 Day notification of living and address verification.

3. IF you happen to leave once a year, or more, an exit / entry stamp is needed so not to violate your visa or extension, not sure of technical reason, besides, we get to charge you again. One time stamp is 1000 baht, and needs to be done ahead of departure (I think), not at border or airport. If knowing you may be leaving more than once a year, a multi exit / entry stamp is 1900 baht, so quite the bargain, if leaving more than twice.

If you've been paying 1900 baht / 2000 w/tip :roll: every 90 day when checking in........... I wouldn't say that out-loud in the future :oops: :oops: :oops: Well, now you know, and we all know you didn't get a receipt on those 90 days.

No ticky, No baht........... always ask for a receipt, that will tell you if you're simply being generous.... or not.

For myself, Yank, and a long long time ago, that first -O- marriage visa, gotten outside of Thailand, had 90 day exit / entry requirements, instead of check ins,(in country) and why most people extend, instead of renew the visa. I never did, as enjoyed going to Vientiane. After 'Visit Thai National Visa' and then 'retirement visa', for convenience and bored with Vientiane, I extended said visa.
Last edited by 12345 on August 25, 2015, 5:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.

retired
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by retired » August 25, 2015, 5:49 pm

samuel wrote:
pal52 wrote:Can not understand what you are talking about.
neither do I.
:-k
Nor me

tutone
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by tutone » August 25, 2015, 5:49 pm

downunder wrote:Today, I went to Udon Immigration to pay my 90 day extension for my ''O'' Married Visa which I have been doing for my second year now. On receiving my first ''O'' Visa I paid the 1900 [2000] baht. For the next three extensions in that 12 months I payed 1900 [2000]
I think you've been in the dark all this time and they really look forward to seeing you at immigration every 90 days. :-"

downunder
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by downunder » August 25, 2015, 8:09 pm

Thanks for the good advice, I now realize that SOMEHOW I was not aware of the system and you were right tutone, they were rubbing their hands together when they saw me coming in every 90 days. I can remember doing the same as the guy in front of me the first time I got a 90 day check simply because no one bothered to tell me or I was stupid enough not to know.

kopkei
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by kopkei » August 26, 2015, 9:45 am

One time stamp is 1000 baht, and needs to be done ahead of departure (I think), not at border or airport. If knowing you may be leaving more than once a year, a multi exit / entry stamp is 1900 baht [-X
half wrong or good ...
single re-entry permit 1.000 baht , multiple re-entry 3.800 baht ...
you can also get re-entry permits at the airport before leaving ....as info... ;)

FLICKFLACKER404
udonmap.com

New Immigration Fee?

Post by FLICKFLACKER404 » August 26, 2015, 7:55 pm

downunder wrote:Thanks for the good advice, I now realize that SOMEHOW I was not aware of the system and you were right tutone, they were rubbing their hands together when they saw me coming in every 90 days. I can remember doing the same as the guy in front of me the first time I got a 90 day check simply because no one bothered to tell me or I was stupid enough not to know.
Down under,how or when were you led to believe that you had to pay the fat guy on the left,1900,2000 baht,who told you this?????the mad thing was you were not tipping him 100 baht you ,as you know were tipping him 2000 baht????just trying to clarify things so know one else gets stung

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”