Car number plate lost

Want to know how to get somewhere, or where something is, ask here.
rick
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by rick » August 15, 2015, 4:39 pm

The front number plate of our family car has got lost (or stolen). Have a police report but to save any more grief with police stops want to replace ASAP. How do you do this? Wife doesn't know. I hope it doesn't take 3 months like it did originally ....

pomps
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by pomps » August 15, 2015, 4:56 pm

Presumably go to nong sung office to request new one,thaivisa link suggestion if wanting quickly,maybe just get a different numberplate from the same year and get the bluebook updated 8)
I remember jon from the Tap losing a numberplate,maybe he can advise timings etc

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/508 ... ber-plate/

Would be helpful if you can update the thread after everything has been done,thx 8)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by Khun Paul » August 15, 2015, 6:07 pm

I lost mine put the number plate you have left on the front, otherwise they will stop you every time.

747man
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by 747man » August 15, 2015, 6:16 pm

It's " Funny " How So MANY Vehicles both Old & New Don't have ANY Number Plates at all.....

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Car number plate lost

Post by wokkawombat » August 15, 2015, 6:29 pm

I lost a M/C plate a few years ago and went to a Govt. building about 700-800 Metres past Ban Hoy market. On the right heading North. It took a few weeks to replace. Things may have changed in the last 6 or 7 years though.
Gurgle, Gurgle...

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by semperfiguy » August 15, 2015, 8:20 pm

Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Lost mine on a flooded street and was told to go to the police station and report the tag lost. Got a receipt for the reporting and was told to present that in case I was stopped and all would be okay. They also keep a stack of plates that are turned in by good samaritans, but mine wasn't there. The cop left the room as if he was checking the plates in the next room, then returned in just a few minutes with the usual "no hab". I doubt very seriously if he took the time to look. Probably just hid around the corner for two minutes then returned.

I went to the Land Transport Office on Hwy 2 out past the new Honda dealer and ordered a replacement tag with the same number as the rear plate. I asked if they could call me when the plate came in and was told "no....you will have to call us after 90 days". I called a few times at around 90 days and drove back out to pick it up. All done and dusted!
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

wazza
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by wazza » August 16, 2015, 5:14 am

If your taking the Blue Book, with you, I might suggest you take all the associated required paper work of the owner as well.

If they say you have to get a new number, they probably think its easier than to replace ?

ting_tong
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by ting_tong » August 16, 2015, 5:29 am

there is a shop on phosri road that makes license plates, I looked at having one made for my motorbike, its opposite the road that goes to wat protiwaranan............ for a motorbike they wanted 250 baht.
there are actually many shops that make custom ones and stock ones

rick
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by rick » August 25, 2015, 2:10 pm

OK, Update.

I suggested the shop on Phosri road but the wife was afraid having been officially reported it should be officially replaced. Police and several others suggested we go to the transport office in Nong Soon (purple palace) so went there today. But - was told MUST have blue book to do it there. We did not have that because car is being bought on car loan from Krungsri Auto. Fortunately wife knew Krungri Auto had an office near Makro so went there on the way back - done and dusted in 10 minutes, just needed car loan docs (the monthly installment bill, and copy of ID card of registered owner) and they issued a receipt to be paid at the bank for the new number (500 baht). a couple of weeks should be ready.

Meanwhile, have been stopped by police once more but after showing police report for missing number, waved on my way with a smile.

Will update again once received.

pal52
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by pal52 » August 25, 2015, 5:05 pm

You have done it correctly.
Friend of mine was pulled by the police & informed his number plate was illegal.
The official number plate has an emblem embossed on it like your credit card.
The people who supply replacement license plates can not put the embossed emblem on them hence illegal

rick
udonmap.com

Car number plate lost

Post by rick » December 2, 2015, 12:07 pm

Well, finally done! like Semperfiguy, had to wait 90 days for new plates and finally got them yesterday - went to purple palace took about 2 minutes. On way back, stopped at Nissan place and they fitted new plates (we got a pair) because still needed a frame. Another 450 baht. Never had any trouble with police during that time, just show papers and go. But annoying that every police check you see means another 3 minutes wasted.

But such a palaver. in UK just go to any large garage and they will make you a set within a day or so, no need for government involvement. I'm keeping the spare old plate because if needed again it will save soooooo much aggravation. And thanks to everyone for advice.

Return to “Travel & Transport”