Actual rainfall for Udon

General Udon Thani topics only!
kris
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by kris » October 4, 2015, 7:18 am

kris wrote:you can`t burn a billion years worth of fossil fuels in a couple of centuries and expect to get away with it... [-X
its like being a smoker and insisting its not bad for you...

parrot
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by parrot » October 4, 2015, 7:55 am

Huai luang reservoir should be at its highest point of the year......it's at its lowest.....and dropping. About 24% of capacity.

noosard
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by noosard » October 4, 2015, 8:05 am

On top of the 62mm in the morning yesterday got another 23mm last night
85mm for the 24hr period
With the possibility of more rain this week with tropical storm Mujigae moving this way ????

kris
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by kris » October 4, 2015, 8:06 am

parrot wrote:Huai luang reservoir should be at its highest point of the year......it's at its lowest.....and dropping. About 24% of capacity.
wow.. its worse than I thought. just checked the water charts that I use. its saying 18%. Way lower than at any time in the last 10 years. actually thats quite disturbing news... especially as we are now at the end of the wet season...

http://www.kromchol.com/array/BDam.htm
Attachments
HuaiLuangReservoir_2015.png

noosard
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by noosard » October 4, 2015, 8:18 am

They have been releasing water from Huai Luang for the last week for some reason
I know they filled up the freshly dug lake (Thung Mon) at Ban Hua Khua
But all the irrigation canals are also running

Shado
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by Shado » October 8, 2015, 4:57 pm

From 15:00 Wednesday until 15:00 today (Thursday) we've had just a little over 2.3 inches (about 59.5mm) of rain in tambon Ban Jan.

glalt
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by glalt » October 9, 2015, 3:18 pm

I was in Udon yesterday (Thursday) and I had to stop for a while because it was raining so hard, I couldn't see to drive. Some of the roads had at least 6 inches or more of water on them. A car ahead of me flooded out on one of the four lane stretches. Traffic was just creeping and no one would let me into the other lane. After waiting through three traffic signal changes, I ran up onto the median to get around him. Good thing I was in a 4X4 truck.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by rjj04 » October 9, 2015, 4:55 pm

bandung_dero... thanks for the clarification. I'm still waiting for an answer to my email to tutiempo ... somehow I doubt I'll get a reply :roll:

I've been looking for a good weather gauge (wind,rain,temp,press), but alas. :(

Our village had water rationing (water shut off 9am-5pm on weekends) this year for a few months until the rains finally arrived. This is probably a stupid question - certainly wouldn't be my first - but, I thought it took months or years for rain to work it's way down 40 or 50 meters to a well? If rain is getting immediately down into a well (therefore rationing can stop), seems to me that that would mean it isn't being filtered by 40-50 meters of dirt? Perhaps I need to ask somebody in the village where the water is actually coming from, a water buffalo poop infested lake/pond somewhere, or an actual well :-k

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by Brian Davis » October 10, 2015, 6:26 am

Just my observations that rainfall here can, at times, be very localised, unpredictable and unreliable. How many times have I heard that my wife's home village a few kilometres away has been perfectly dry, whilst it has been throwing it down at our home for quite a long time. Well, it's got to stop somewhere. And yesterday, my niece and friend want me to take them swimming in Udon, but we're put off by a 95% prediction of rain, spread throughout the day. I THINK Udon escaped any and it was quite a sunny day. Perhaps swimming is on for today? 8-[

noosard
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by noosard » October 11, 2015, 1:27 pm

Yes just like last night
Our village got 2mm yesterday
but our rice field 5ks away got some heavy rain
Not sure how much but the road today was very muddy and the canal and drains there were full of water

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by FrazeeDK » October 11, 2015, 6:47 pm

website for weather averages: http://www.myweather2.com/City-Town/Tha ... ofile.aspx

Udon average rainfall by month in millimeters:
Udon Rain averages by month.JPG
Looks like at least we're ahead of the average thus far in October!!
Dave

rick
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by rick » October 12, 2015, 8:28 pm

Must admit the last 2 weeks have been pretty wet, even my pond is full, if not over flowing. 6 weeks ago it looked under half full, lowest i had ever seen for August. Unfortunately all the plants growing in the shallow water were too well established to drown as the water went up, so more of a swamp .....

Also, the last 2 weeks have seen the Khlongs around Udon starting to flow. Flooding down south and around Bangkok as well, but not a single squawk about flooding in the major dam's catchment areas.

Shado
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by Shado » November 7, 2015, 7:11 am

0.2 tenths of an inch (5.08 mm) of overnight rain in Ban Jan. Still getting a bit of light rain. Good if you're trying to keep your lawn green, bad if you are trying to harvest rice.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by Brian Davis » November 7, 2015, 11:22 am

Yes, Shado. I'm advised that today's intended machining of already cut rice in wife's home village will be put off, as apparently not good to process wet.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by rjj04 » November 24, 2015, 6:40 am

I know this thread is about rainfall amounts but I think this is related. I'm still waiting for the cool season to arrive. Check out the average low and high temperatures for Oct and Nov versus the actual temperatures. When the night-time low was supposed to be trending down it was actually trending up. When the average low should have been around 65F it was actually around 75F. That is a helluva a divergence from the trend. My much anticipated break from the heat hasn't arrived. :cry:

TempGraphOct2015.png
Oct
TempGraphNov2015.png
Nov
Godzilla El Nino freakishness or what? Ground not saturated and thus no evaporative effect?

Charts from Accuweather.com

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by Brian Davis » November 24, 2015, 10:19 am

I share your thoughts rjj04. I'm only guessing that the onset of the cold season will, like the rains this year? (at least locally to me) be late. A few cooler, misty mornings my way, but not the real 'chill' yet, to send the Thai rushing for coats and blankets.

parrot
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by parrot » November 24, 2015, 12:54 pm

I kept OCD like temp records for about 13 years.....morning low, afternoon high, and 8pmish temp.....but lost interest in doing so in 2014 (after a long vacation to the US. In those 13 years, Nov 2015 looks to be the warmest of them all (again, I don't have Nov 2014), followed by 2012 when we had only 6 mornings recording upper 60 degree mornings.

rjj04
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by rjj04 » November 24, 2015, 3:02 pm

A little update on the reservoir status...
http://www.kromchol.com/array/BDam.htm

The four dams around Chiang Mai are 11%, 11%, 15%, and a whopping 24%. Ouch!!

parrot
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by parrot » November 24, 2015, 5:28 pm

Udon's main source is either at 42% or 30%, depending on what part of http://www.thaiwater.net/DATA/REPORT/ph ... ?dam_id=13 you look at. The line in the chart shows today's date and 42%. The words at the top of the chart say 30%. Maybe I'm missing something.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Actual rainfall for Udon

Post by FrazeeDK » November 24, 2015, 7:28 pm

The Thai Met Department says Cold Weather coming Thursday! http://www.tmd.go.th/en/province.php?id=23
Dave

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”