The new bicycle lanes..now parkinglot for..

General Udon Thani topics only!
DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » May 4, 2016, 1:54 pm

..cars and vendors.

Hi Forummembers,my nickname is Dui and i've been living here in Thailand/Udon-Thani for nearly 15 years.I also suffered 18 years ago from a diving related accident that left my leftleg and my lowerback in constant pain.I've always done some kind of sports,love going out on nice refreshing bicycleride is now one of my "treats"in life.
I was SOOOOOO glad when i saw the BLUE Bicycle Lanes here in Udon beeing made...Well,after seeing they just finishing tuch lade down on the Blue Bicycle Lane it's now become what...A freaking parkinglot/vendor lot..police not enforcing any Policework at all.

I went to the Police station and wanted to file a complaint,or atleast talk with someone in charge of this BBL.No answers,just those freaking smiles that can make,atleast me,going into a mood that does not go well with Thaipeople.Even if i would try my hardest in Thai to explain,no one seems to care.Neither Police OR Miltary guys.

I just had to cancel my bicycleride,go home and write this.

My Q:s are:
Dose anyone know WHO the heck is responsible of trying to keep this BBL free from everything else BUT ..BICYCLES? Dose anyone know how much money was put down to make things safer for us on bicycles?
I spoke with some military guys about this problem,same o same...freaking smiles and nothing else..atleast 10 cars outside the Goverment Hospital parked so i or anyone else could not use the BBL.

15 years is taking it's toll,maybe it's time to go to plan B..

Thanks for reading,have a good day everyone.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 4, 2016, 2:36 pm

I took the bbl to be for dad's bike ride day
As it is parts of it is on a major roads that are congested at the best of times
Also some of this bbl includes bus stops

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » May 4, 2016, 3:15 pm

The blue bike lane is impossible to use after dark / late evening especially around Nong Prjak lake as it is being used for motorbike parking ... very dangerous as most is unlit .

The idea of a bike is / was a good one and badly needed ....but poor design / planning and enforcement to keep it unobstructed and safe to use have turned it into a rather expensive white elephant .

It appears there arent any real safe places to ride a bike on the open road within the city or even on the ring road , maybe in the villages its a different story not sure .
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

fdimike
udonmap.com

Post by fdimike » May 6, 2016, 5:48 am

It's always the same here in LOS - NO LAW ENFORCEMENT. Everything they do is for show. I think the place to file a complaint would be at the Amphur office with pictures which is hat I plan to do. BTW: this is one of the worst locations for vehicles parking in the blue lane. The only vehicle free bike lanes are those where they have constructed a solid concrete curb between the traffic lanes and the bike lanes. I've stopped to tell people to not park in the bike lane but they think it's funny and just laugh it off especially the tuk tuks who by the way are not licensed, nor have a vehicle plate and no insurance.
An ex-pat in the Land of Smile

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » May 6, 2016, 6:30 am

went by prajak park yesterday, loads of cars parked in the bbl, if they ban bikes from using the footpath around the park then the whole idea of safe biking just went backwards, the funny bit is the planners at city hall don't seem to understand thainess ,and the fact that people will just park in the bbl anyway. I can just imagine the meeting, "let's build a bbl" , "good idea, and my uncle can do that" and that's as much planning as was needed. the work got done, money ended up in someone's pocket and someone else got promoted to a higher pay grade for coming up with the idea (plus a couple of extra medals handed out)
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

rjj04
udonmap.com

Post by rjj04 » May 6, 2016, 8:04 am

Perhaps there is a website for biking in Udon, and some portion of those people can meet up and collectively show their feelings towards this at the proper government office... with cameras at the ready of course... I mean there was just some big bike event for another cause.
"Udon Thani Cycling Club"
"Udon Riders Club"

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » May 6, 2016, 8:20 am

"fdmike",you're spot on..I,ve tryed talking with people, even those who just parked their car on the BBL..No response at all,people only seems to care about themself..Now when i go somewere my camera is with me and i'm going to file a complaint to the Damrongtham later,first gather some evidence.

Have a wonderful and safe bicycleday everyone.

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”