Central Plaza Food Court

Discussions on local & International restaurants and food suppliers.
mac1966
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by mac1966 » June 17, 2016, 1:27 pm

Had lunch yesterday at central plaza food court and must give a special mention to the sticky rice and mango stall. Probably the best I have ever tasted.

I didn't get photos of the dish but took some snaps of the stall. Will get some photos next time.

Thanks central plaza food court.

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Tapatalk

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by Nigglyb » June 18, 2016, 12:03 am

+1 for the mango sticky rice
I quite like all the food in there. It's great for a little break while Mrs N is giving the credit card a hammering :D Just need to avoid the seats near the game centre
May the bridges I burn light the path in front of me

Pooclover
udonmap.com
Location: Sitting in a sleazy snack-bar sucking sickly sausage rolls

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by Pooclover » June 18, 2016, 8:21 am

Nigglyb wrote:+1 for the mango sticky rice
I quite like all the food in there. It's great for a little break while Mrs N is giving the credit card a hammering :D Just need to avoid the seats near the game centre
Are you mad…? :shock: It’s a well-documented fact that the part of the brain that processes financial matters is under developed in Thai Woman. They cannot seem to understand that a credit card is not free money and someone (that will be you) has to pay it back. Take this “Old hands” advice and extract the credit card from her possession.

wazza
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by wazza » June 18, 2016, 1:08 pm

130 baht cheaper than Swampy , and you only get 1/2 a mango at that

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by Brian Davis » June 18, 2016, 1:21 pm

In for the chicken steak myself at 69 baht - a good portion and tasty that even my near-5 year old wants some. Got to agree that the Food Court is pretty good as these coupon places go. Can get overloaded and, yes, the noise from the games centre is a pain.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by Nigglyb » June 18, 2016, 1:42 pm

Pooclover wrote:Are you mad…? :shock: It’s a well-documented fact that the part of the brain that processes financial matters is under developed in Thai Woman. They cannot seem to understand that a credit card is not free money and someone (that will be you) has to pay it back. Take this “Old hands” advice and extract the credit card from her possession.
I must be in the minority them as Mrs N works & pays her own credit card bills

The only bit she can't seem to get to grips with is loading the money on those coupon cards at food courts........she always insists on a card each for everyone with us & cashing in when we leave. I can't see the point of this until we know a return is unlikely. Keeping a card with a bit of cash loaded seems a good idea to me as its there for next time

skinner
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by skinner » June 18, 2016, 2:03 pm

When living in BKK, I sometimes used the foodcourt at my local Tesco as it was just round the corner. A very busy place and always had a queue at the coupon booth. It was great when they introduced the cards as they last 6 months from putting money on them. Queues disappeared immediately.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by semperfiguy » June 18, 2016, 7:57 pm

Nigglyb wrote:
Pooclover wrote:Are you mad…? :shock: It’s a well-documented fact that the part of the brain that processes financial matters is under developed in Thai Woman. They cannot seem to understand that a credit card is not free money and someone (that will be you) has to pay it back. Take this “Old hands” advice and extract the credit card from her possession.
I must be in the minority them as Mrs N works & pays her own credit card bills

The only bit she can't seem to get to grips with is loading the money on those coupon cards at food courts........she always insists on a card each for everyone with us & cashing in when we leave. I can't see the point of this until we know a return is unlikely. Keeping a card with a bit of cash loaded seems a good idea to me as its there for next time
Nigglyb, better check the expiration date on the back of those coupon cards. I remember some time back at the food court in Big-C, they shortened the expiry period and I neglected to read the back of the car and I lost a goodly sum.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

Nigglyb
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by Nigglyb » June 18, 2016, 8:26 pm

semperfiguy wrote:Nigglyb, better check the expiration date on the back of those coupon cards. I remember some time back at the food court in Big-C, they shortened the expiry period and I neglected to read the back of the car and I lost a goodly sum.
D'ya know what? I've never even noticed an expiration date. I sort of assumed there must be one, but never looked. Thanks for the heads upImage

hippo
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by hippo » June 19, 2016, 12:00 pm

Central Plaza Food Court it is much better than overrated farang restaurants in that area

:-$

mac1966
udonmap.com

Re: Central Plaza Food Court

Post by mac1966 » June 20, 2016, 10:05 am

Haven't really seen any farang food in the food court but did have the pad thai which is also very good. The stall is at the far end of the food court on the left.

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » June 20, 2016, 1:01 pm

mac1966 wrote:Haven't really seen any farang food in the food court but did have the pad thai which is also very good. The stall is at the far end of the food court on the left.

They shut the pad thai place down a few months back for washing the floor mop in the same sink where they rinse the woks between dishes. I'm pretty sure there's a new vendor there now selling other products.
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » June 21, 2016, 2:36 pm

semperfiguy wrote:
mac1966 wrote:Haven't really seen any farang food in the food court but did have the pad thai which is also very good. The stall is at the far end of the food court on the left.

They shut the pad thai place down a few months back for washing the floor mop in the same sink where they rinse the woks between dishes. I'm pretty sure there's a new vendor there now selling other products.
The mrs tells me it's still there. It's a great shame if it has closed as they did a nice pad thai.

Will have to revisit again

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » June 22, 2016, 2:47 pm

Pad thai stall still here today.

But had the mango and sticky rice again.

Picture of the pad thai stall

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » June 26, 2016, 11:42 am

Mango from the other dayImage

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » June 30, 2016, 4:30 pm

Lunch at central plaza food court

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » July 3, 2016, 7:37 am

Yesterday as central just opened I went to the pad thai stall but the staff had yet to arrive.

Instead I went for Korean pork which was ok and probably will have again.

hippo
udonmap.com

Central Plaza Food Court

Post by hippo » July 4, 2016, 7:34 pm

69 baht :-$

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » July 6, 2016, 8:46 pm

mac1966 wrote:Yesterday as central just opened I went to the pad thai stall but the staff had yet to arrive.

Instead I went for Korean pork which was ok and probably will have again.

That looks decent. What is it

mac1966
udonmap.com

Post by mac1966 » July 10, 2016, 11:27 am

Yesterday chicken and noodles

Return to “Udon Thani Restaurants”