FIFA World Cup & England Manager

General sports news and discussions.
mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 18, 2016, 2:10 pm

So interesting that the English FA are really keeping VERY quiet about who is being 'considered' ; and which 'establishment' cum 'yes man' it has already decided to appoint. :roll: :mad: Let's hope that, at the very least, he is able to speak English! ;) :-"
My choices, in order of preference, coupled with the certainty that they will cause both Zid & Statto to be placed in restraints, in the nearest Rehabilitation centre :lol: \:D/ , are:
1).Big Sam. 2). Steve Bruce. 3). Glen Hoddle 4. )Our 'Arry 5). Alan Curbishley.
Don't worry, all you frustrated Pommies, there is not a snowball's chance in hell of any of them being selected, handicapped, as they each are, by being English; accomplished FOOTBALL COACHES & MAN MANAGERS and would require to be in SOLE CHARGE, and would not accept being required to provide assurances to the FA & certain international sports company sponsors, as regards choosing 'favoured' players, as in the past. (e.g. Beckham & Rooney).
If it is to be a 'foreign' coach, I would incline towards a certain German, still young enough to be respected by the current and emerging crop of English talent, and who possesses successful experiences as an international player & manager, & was a great success playing in the EPL. Oh; yes, also he speaks excellent English. =D>
I will now go into hiding, to wait out the storm! :D \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 18, 2016, 3:48 pm

I've got it ....... I know ....... Dietmar Hamann =D> (I wouldn't have said his time managing Milton Keynes Dons was all that successful though :-k

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 18, 2016, 6:24 pm

stattointhailand wrote:I've got it ....... I know ....... Dietmar Hamann =D> (I wouldn't have said his time managing Milton Keynes Dons was all that successful though :-k
Naah! [-X . But he did play for a slightly more famous London club; & is arguably among the most popular of foreign players ever to have appeared in England's top football division. No, it is NOT Patrick Veira!
Incidentally, it was extremely remiss of me not to reassure you English fans that the last person in the world the FA, and it's sponsors, would even consider, let alone appoint, is the (American) ex-player, DAVID BECKHAM :-" :-" :-" :oops: :oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :roll: :frying pan :shock: :
If even one of the three man selection committee knew anything at all about football, (heaven forbid), and watched the passion & commitment of Wales & the two Irish teams at the Euro finals, they could really shock the world, by thinking 'outside the box' and having a real good think about two very passionate and proudly English legends in John Terry, (who I personally cannot stand!), and Paul Scholes; both of whom have a greater experience, and depth of knowledge of the game, than the last three England managers put together. =D> =D> Could either, or maybe both together, really do any worse than have the last aforementioned three! :roll:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 18, 2016, 7:13 pm

Only one guy for the job ....... PSYCHO MBE

Knows the FA inside out, calls a spade a spade ( :oops: sorry couldn't resist), and he ticks the "Brexit box" due to his bro being active in BNP :lol:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 19, 2016, 12:54 pm

stattointhailand wrote:I've got it ....... I know ....... Dietmar Hamann =D> (I wouldn't have said his time managing Milton Keynes Dons was all that successful though :-k
No,no,no.....its obvious mat means Uwe Rosler who was a star with Manchester City and did a good job managing Brentford and even lasted two months as manager as Leeds being one of the longest serving of recent years !

As for some of the other suggestions....Stuart Pearce,Harry Redknapp,Steve Bruce and Alan Curbishley....I can only think you are both already on a high from opening my two bottles of Chardonnay early.....either that or you've been inhaling the laughing gas again !

Probably between Sam Allardyce and Glen Hoddle who is round the twist which could stand him in good stead !

Surprised nobody has mentioned Jurgen Klinsmann.....is he French with a name like that ! :-$
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 19, 2016, 3:55 pm

"Surprised nobody has mentioned Jurgen Klinsmann.....is he French with a name like that ! :-$"

They wouldn't be that STUPID ......... would they? :shock:

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 20, 2016, 4:18 pm

mathusalah80 wrote:My choices, in order of preference, coupled with the certainty that they will cause both Zid & Statto to be placed in restraints, in the nearest Rehabilitation centre :lol: \:D/ , are:
1).Big Sam. 2). Steve Bruce. 3).........
I will now go into hiding, to wait out the storm! :D \:D/
It's official; both have been interviewed! =D> =D>
Is it possible that, after decades of appointing non achieving, plastic , establishment 'yes' men, the FA are REALLY considering appointing an experienced English coach? :shock: [-o< . A real football coach, with fire in his belly; a mind of his own; intolerant of prima donna footballers with soft centres, and able to build, and inspire to success, even the most mediocre players & teams as a result of their extensive coaching and man management experience and ability. A coach whose reputation has been earned by identifying and nurturing talent and inspiring to success, and overachievement, teams that the vast majority of "glamour" managers, ( who earn their reputations managing only glamour clubs, where bottomless reservoirs of cash and availability of a never ending stream of the world's top internationals are assured), would not even begin to know how to coach & manage.
But, of course the FA have regularly been down this track before, where it makes a big deal about interviewing "the peoples" favourites, with no intention of appointing them. So it will indeed be a pleasant shock, (well, for me if not for Messrs Zid & Statto ;) :lol: ) should the FA, just this once, select on merit, by appointing either Big Sam, (my favourite) or Steve Bruce. [-o< [-o<

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Post by Sateeb » July 21, 2016, 2:19 am

Sam it is. David Moyes 1/7 on to replace Sam at Sunderland.
Sam Allardyce: Sunderland boss will be named as new England manager.

Sam Allardyce will be named as the new England manager - with confirmation expected in the next 24 hours. Allardyce will leave Sunderland after nine months at the Premier League club.

BBC Football

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 22, 2016, 9:18 pm

Sateeb wrote:Sam it is.
Sam Allardyce: Sunderland boss will be named as new England manager.

Sam Allardyce will be named as the new England manager - with confirmation expected in the next 24 hours. BBC Football
Don't be too sure, just yet, Sateeb; and don't hold your breath. 8-[
The three man Selection Committee have "recommended" Big Sam, after interviewing all those on the approved shortlist of candidates. But, for sure, Big Sam does not represent the 'establishment candidate-cum-yes man' the FA full committee would have been hoping would be put forward, from the list; a repeat of the situation last time, when a certain 'Arry Rednapp" was the overwhelming favourite and recommended but, for never explained reasons, was not appointed. :-k
Unfortunately the fat lady is still singing, so I will delay drinking my celebrity glass of milk, until she does. [-o<

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » July 23, 2016, 8:16 am

There you go......

Sam Allardyce has been appointed England manager.
The 61-year-old signed an initial two-year deal after compensation was agreed with Sunderland, whom he steered to Premier League safety last season.
He succeeds Roy Hodgson, who quit after England were knocked out of Euro 2016 in the last 16 by Iceland.
Allardyce, whose first game in charge will be a friendly at Wembley on 1 September against as yet unnamed opponents, said he was "honoured".
He added: "It is no secret that this is the role I have always wanted. For me, it is absolutely the best job in English football.

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 23, 2016, 1:18 pm

[quote="Zidane"]There you go......
Sam Allardyce has been appointed England manager. The 61-year-old signed an initial two-year deal [/u

Relief :D =D> So only a two year deal for Big Sam [-X Can anyone remember the last England Manager appointed for a lesser term than three years? What does that suggest., :-k Can't help wondering how Big Sam's salary & Bonuses compare to those paid to those two brilliant :-s 'foreigners' Capello & "Lover Boy"; and how, eventually, their England managerial performances will compare to Big Sam's, when his term has been completed.
More in the nature of wishful thinking, than a realistic thought: I wonder if there are sufficient funds available to coax Steve Bruce to work alongside Big Sam, as Assistant England Manager. :-" =D> \:D/ The very thought of having to contend with such a twosome, should be sufficient to kill off at least one or two of the geriatrics comprising the FA governing body; sufficient reason, I suggest, to implement that arrangement. :D :lol: =D> \:D/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2016, 1:50 pm

From Geordieland ....

England have finally confirmed that former Newcastle manager, Sam Allardyce, has been appointed as the new Head Coach of the national side, as the Mike Bassett: England Manager film comes a step closer to becoming reality.

The man who has famously never won a thing (including promotion with Newcastle - see Coxy's Cockup Corner) has been given the perfect job to carry on the half-a-century winless streak for a few more years.

On the plus side, the mackems lose their relegation saviour heading into the new season and the audible sound of barrel scraping is already emanating from wearside as they look for his successor.

Former Magpies striker, Andy Carroll, will be expecting a call from his old West Ham boss and Jermaine Defoe could be forgiven for regularly checking his mobile for messages from Allardyce.

United old boy Neil McDonald may well be given the nod as part of the coaching staff, having assisted Allardyce throughout his career, while another former player, Paul Bracewell, could also be asked to assist.

Least surprised about the appointment will be Big Sam himself who has never been shy in coming forward about his managerial abilities, previously touting himself for high profile vacancies and often referring back with disbelief to when Steve McClaren was appointed England manager ahead of him.

Perhaps that says everything about the FA's inability to fill the vacancy appropriately. Now watch Allardyce go and actually win something....

All togevver now ......

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING ...YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING ...YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 23, 2016, 2:18 pm

[quote="stattointhailand"]From Geordieland ....
England have finally confirmed that former Newcastle manager, Sam Allardyce, has been appointed as the new Head Coach of the national side, Now watch Allardyce go and actually win something.........etc. etc. etc.

At last Statto. I was beginning to think you had emigrated to Scotland, in readiness for 2019; you should live so long! :D :lol: Rumour has it that Mourinho has already been in touch with BS, and suggested he follows his example and select Watford as his first opponents, and so ensure a winning start.
But, before you go 'overseas', please tell us all; what do you REALLY think of Big Sam =; and, in particular how likely you feel it is that he will improve upon the magnificent work and achievements, of his last four or five predecessors. :-k
After that, clamber down very carefully from your perch on the fence, and advise us who would have been YOUR first, and second preferences for appointment as England Manager, from those persons, actually or likely to have made themselves available. :-"

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » July 23, 2016, 2:46 pm

Already said Mat ..... my choice would have been Stuart Pearce (with Garath Southgate as his number 2).

Sam will at least bring something the previous lot didn't ...... THINKING.

Give him his due, he will send the team out ready for any opposition (as opposed to what we had for years ....same players and tactics regardless if its Iceland, France, Germany or Scotland)

Be interesting to see what happens to a few ego's in the next few games :lol:

Can't praise 'im too much as a mate of mine still hates him for dropping his beloved Notts County in the s*** a few years back :-"

mathusalah80
udonmap.com

Post by mathusalah80 » July 23, 2016, 3:48 pm

[quote="stattointhailand"]Already said Mat ..... my choice would have been Stuart Pearce (with Garath Southgate as his number 2).
Based on those choices, you appear perfectly suited to join your ultra conservative, establishment & 'status quo' minded friends, currently comprising the Board of the FA. [-X In honesty, I would have considered the "Sycho" of yesteryear a frontrunner but, after so many years of doing the bidding of the power brokers at the FA, the "Sycho" appears to have become a 'kitten", all too malleable to the whims of his masters. There is the thought, however, perhaps his previous passions could be aroused should he spend some time with Big Sam as his number two. No disputing Stuarts's vast experience and knowledge of England's younger generation of players, could be invaluable to Big Sam, in the task before him.

Be interesting to see what happens to a few ego's in the next few games :lol:
You couldn't possibly be thinking of such passionate, unselfish, totally committed English stalwarts as self styled "world class Rooney", Hart, Wilshere, & our two most favourites, namely, the "Two SS". Absolutely, I would have included Carroll and Defoe and Drinkwater in the recent squad. Sad for Defoe, who I suspect, might well have produced something special to mark his final exit from the international scene.
Can't

Sateeb
udonmap.com

Re: FIFA World Cup & England Manager

Post by Sateeb » September 28, 2016, 2:24 am

Sam Allardyce has left his post as England manager by mutual agreement with the Football Association after one match and 67 days in charge.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37483344

botaknh
udonmap.com

Post by botaknh » September 28, 2016, 7:12 am

Sateeb wrote:Sam Allardyce has left his post as England manager by mutual agreement with the Football Association after one match and 67 days in charge.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/37483344
I can't stop smiling

goodison
udonmap.com

Post by goodison » September 28, 2016, 7:59 am

My first reaction was to cancel my subscription to the online "Daily Telegraph," having said that, Big Sam has shown an inordinate amount of naivety, still, a 100% win record can't be bad =D> :confused:

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » September 28, 2016, 8:22 am

Well,if there was little choice for manager before Allardyce was appointed,there is even less now !
Yes,he was extraordinarily naïve and called "a spade a spade" once too often but these newspaper stings are horrible.
What if he would have been innocent ? What happens to the people who tried to set him up ?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 28, 2016, 8:48 am

Disappointing.. :(

However I was only reading the other day that Eddie Howe said it was his dream to be the England manager one day..
They could do much worse than him..

However I suspect that Brian will shortly be celebrating the arrival of a new man at the top at Selhurst Park .. :D

Return to “World Sports”