Insurance Q & A

Insurance -- Do you need it? Where to buy it?
AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Insurance Q & A

Post by AA Ins Broker » September 12, 2014, 2:36 pm

This month’s discussion will be covering the main insurance topics plus any questions individuals may have (suggest bringing a copy of your present policy)

Dean is back so 10.00 next Thursday (18th) at his emporium a.k.a. Papafarangs.
We have been promised real tea (Tetley’s or Yorkshire) and will luck biscuits to go with it =D>

Joshuatom

Insurance Q A

Post by Joshuatom » July 22, 2016, 11:24 am

This year we are going to offer our employees health insurance. For the people on here that offer it to your employees how much of it do you pay for them, 100, 75, 50?

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Insurance Q A

Post by AA Ins Broker » July 25, 2016, 3:35 pm

Joshuatom wrote:This year we are going to offer our employees health insurance. For the people on here that offer it to your employees how much of it do you pay for them, 100, 75, 50?
Please see my PM re. Group/Company medical policies

Peter

Mex
udonmap.com

Re: Insurance Q & A

Post by Mex » August 22, 2016, 8:29 am

We are currently renting a house. We would like to insure our furniture and goods. We have been advised that we can only do so if the house is also insured. I find this contrary to insurance practises elsewhere.

The house owner is avoiding our request to do so.

I am considering insuring the house on the owner's behalf and recovering the money via reduced rental payments but Wifey Dearest says this is not possible in Thailand(the money recovery bit).

Any advice would be most welcome.

AA Ins Broker
udonmap.com

Post by AA Ins Broker » August 22, 2016, 3:03 pm

Good afternoon Mex
The straight answer is yes, you can insure just your property/contents i.e. one does not need to also insure the ‘building’.
However………it does make sense to include the ‘building’ as if a problem happens the Owner can seek restitution from you. For the extra cost of the policy it is really not worth cutting corners.
As for deducting the premiums from the rent I would suggest you do not unless the Owner agrees and, taken over 12 months, does not work out very much

Peter
[email protected]

Mex
udonmap.com

Post by Mex » August 24, 2016, 9:15 am

For the record I have heeded Peter's advice and am currently finalising the insurance.

I have found his service exemplary.

Return to “Insurance”