GSB ATMs Still Closed?

This section is for general money matters, finance and investing.
parrot
udonmap.com

GSB ATMs Still Closed?

Post by parrot » September 23, 2016, 4:46 pm

I noticed the Government Savings Bank (ธนาคารออมสิน) ATMs in Central were still shut down.....a month after over 12 million Baht was siphoned out by hacking the machines/system. I've never dealt with the bank......wonder if any forum members have accounts there and what's the status of their ATM system?
http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/crime/1 ... hack-prone

rick
udonmap.com

Re: GSB ATMs Still Closed?

Post by rick » September 23, 2016, 4:56 pm

Did see that their ATM at Big C was closed last week. I actually tried to open an account at 2 different branches this week (their interest rates are better than other banks). Result - NO. Basically they do not want farang.

georgioGastapo
udonmap.com

Re: GSB ATMs Still Closed?

Post by georgioGastapo » September 23, 2016, 5:02 pm

this was strange. a few days before this broke i was walking past the GSB branch in nong khai. three or four youngish characters male and female were milling. i watched them briefly put something attached to a wire in the ground near the ATM then put the other end of the wire into the ground near the nearby power pole. was late afternoon with still sufficient daylight but not too many people about . they weren't impressed with me watching so i moved on didnt look back.
next day i took a closer look. from what i could tell the places where they were putting the device/wires had no attachment points just normal ground meets pole and meets building.
dont ask me. i dont know anything more. never seen anyone do anything similar before.

Return to “Money, Finance & Investing”