agent fee's for Korea

General Udon Thani topics only!
oldtimeudon
udonmap.com

agent fee's for Korea

Post by oldtimeudon » October 21, 2016, 11:38 am

my stepson has decided he wants to go to south Korea next year he says he can earn good money, his two cousins have also used an agent with one successful and one getting turned away, now apart from the fact he has no money his mother has quoted 80,000 baht for the agents fee, when I have asked around I have been told 40,000 baht and even his cousins say 40,000 baht so I asked his mother how come 80,000 baht and she said flights....yer flights 10,000 baht?
can any one confirm the costs....I will probably have to work out who is trying it on....but plan B has been arranged to cap any losses.....and stop any future "ventures" without capital.

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: agent fee's for Korea

Post by Barney » October 22, 2016, 10:08 am

oldtimeudon

We have a young female close friend my GF who is progressing through the stages of going to Korea for employment.
I was curious to know what she is doing because I did not want her to be scammed out of her money or signing something she could not get out of.
Now don't quote me as to the exact amounts and process but here is what I can work out through interpretation in her case.

Korean company comes to Thailand via gov't approval to seek workers.
Sets up a training school/classes so the potential workers learn the Korean language and I suppose some other things, I am told you must pass. The cost of this learning school/program is approx. 20,000 bht
If selected then a fee of around 40,000 bht is paid. Assume all visas etc for working in Korea are done.
She will pay her own flights.

Now the job, she is applying for a job in a electronic factory that makes and installs camera parts etc,
3 year contract, cannot come home? haven't worked out in discussion the penalty for coming home early. This is pne thing I was concerned about.
Salaries are dependent on skill level and experience. 40,000 to 80,000 bht per month. She is experienced in factory work and is expecting to start at about 60,000/month.
Accommodation is supplied, would be dormitory at best.
She has passed all the requirements now and is waiting on a call up.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 22, 2016, 11:35 am

the Thai Labor Ministry has specific guidelines and fee schedules for Thai nationals being recruited to work overseas. Somewhere in their site is their fee schedule.. I seem to recall 40-60 thousand baht being the inclusive maximum by law. That supposedly includes job broker fees, visas, and air fare.. http://www.labour.go.th/en/index.php/home

Of course, what some prospective Thai expat worker pays is usually far more.. They will sign papers that say they've legally constrained fees and then have to pay more under the table. Many sign notes on their land to borrow the money to get these overseas jobs. The new Regional Labor Court on Rte 22 about 3km east of the Old Big C overpass might be a place to go to get the latest accurate info. If the program is completely legitimate there should be no fees above or beyond the maximum mandated by law.
Dave

DuiDui
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui » October 22, 2016, 12:05 pm

On the positive note:Thais have to work hard AND i see it VERY positive that Thais can look and go abroard,there are other countries besides Thailand ;-)

Negative's then:Often scamed by the broker..They promise good salarys,well can be "sort of true".They don't get the money/salary the the broker said they would be getting..ONLY if working alot of OT.

And then learning language:Isnt it funny that Thais can't learn ENGLISH/wont/whatever reason,they have to go and learn a few word in Korean..

Be careful is my advice from Thai friends doing this working abroad,mostly in Korea but in South american countrys too..In Thai Resturants..Santiago..Google that..Goodluck.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » October 22, 2016, 2:27 pm

A few comments:
Udon seems to be the hub of overseas-work-scams. At least as reported by the Thai press. There have been cases of Thais going to Korea for work only to be either refused at the port of entry or to find themselves without employment as promised. I'm sure there are lots of legit jobs.......but those aren't the ones that make the press.

The labor office on the ring road (near old Lotus) has in the past had signs hanging taking applicants for jobs to Korea. I'd guess the chances of being scammed by the labor office would be less than an independent agent.

Again, I can't speak for Korea, but those who sign contracts to work overseas usually do so at great penalty if they decide to return home before their contract is up.......usually resulting in the loss of a family member's land papers.

We've known several younger folks who go overseas to work......some do well, saving their money and fulfilling their contract. Some bail out early, resulting in substantial family debt.

Good luck!

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » October 23, 2016, 6:56 am

remember, its the Labor Office that is supposed to ensure that Job Brokers are adhering to legal guidelines.. Many times it appears Labor and Job Brokers are working cheek-to-jowl...
Dave

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » October 23, 2016, 9:43 am

FrazeeDK wrote:remember, its the Labor Office that is supposed to ensure that Job Brokers are adhering to legal guidelines.. Many times it appears Labor and Job Brokers are working cheek-to-jowl...

I wonder why :roll:

Return to “General Udon Thani Forum”