Udon Thani Land Ownership Verification

Information on building a house, buying poperty and land, and all other general contruction topics...
gprit
udonmap.com

Re: Udon Thani Land Ownership Verification

Post by gprit » November 23, 2016, 3:37 pm

Not being in Thailand (and my wife's parents are not worldy wise....) does anyone know of any agents in the Loei/Phakhow province who can arrange things with the Land Office and get a chonote issued?

vincemunday
udonmap.com

Post by vincemunday » November 23, 2016, 3:43 pm

As far as I'm aware it can only be done by the land owner in person at the land office, we had to drive the old lady to the office every time we needed something signed off. Of course, someone else might know another way.
The forest was shrinking daily but the trees kept voting for the axe as its handle was made of wood and they thought it was one of them.

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » November 23, 2016, 3:54 pm

Not being in Thailand (and my wife's parents are not worldy wise....) does anyone know of any agents in the Loei/Phakhow province who can arrange things with the Land Office and get a chonote issued? The only recognition of ownership is that the reference number for the land is held agaianst my wife's parents name at the local Amphur, and is contained within their 'blue book'.

later - My wife phoned the Land Office in Loei and was told that as no paperwork exists, currently the government does not allow any document/charote to be issued to show ownership of land. They also went on to say that a house could be built without any problems....which we can try and get in writing......

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 23, 2016, 4:03 pm

Wazza, I suppose a lawyer explained this to you? I would also guess that you own one of these bogus companies. Good luck if the government decides to go after these companies.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 23, 2016, 4:11 pm

Glalt

Some think you may have been burnt yourself.

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » November 23, 2016, 4:44 pm

I exercised due diligence because I don't like surprises. My wife owns the house and several farms. No lawyers involved. If things go pear shaped, I just walk away. Walking away involves plan B. I have a condo in my name and bought before I got married. I'd have a roof over my head and wouldn't miss any meals.

My dislike of Thai lawyers must be obvious. I did get ripped off by a Thai law firm. The original signed business contracts were lost while being translated to the Thai language. After I gave that law firm the documents, they decided that I gave them nothing and they didn't know me.
Last edited by glalt on November 23, 2016, 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gprit
udonmap.com

Post by gprit » November 23, 2016, 4:46 pm

Sorry the last two comments are nonsense. This situation was given DIRECT to my wife by the Land Office in Loei. If you cannot give constructive advice/comment perhaps it is better to refrain.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » November 23, 2016, 5:17 pm

Glalt

Sorry to hear about your demise.

Good to see plan B. Well done

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » November 23, 2016, 7:12 pm

thanks Bonanza for spelling my name right, ' M '
tried to change the ruddy thing, but they wont even let me look at my own profile..

yes we are in same boat re land if you like....village dude, tessaban, concrete posts etc etc...even the family wrote out a contract between them so all know who got what piece. and when I buy one of them out, we write a sale agreement, even though you cant sell Tor Bor land....its more to get them to understand that they are giving up thier ' use ' of thier part of the land...no one but the family know money comes into it, but the missus says families sell use rights all the time..its understandable when the famil y is huge and has to branch out and build on their rice land...cant keep living in the one house.....papa called it 'his land ' which confused even my missus until I explained things, now the wee boys name is on the paperwork in case she dies...and I am pushing for her to get a Will so that junior inherits the land and not the greedy family...I have just about spent my fill, and geez , I have two motorbikes worth more, and I have never even started their engines, so whats afew bucks to make someone happy...nei

Return to “House & Land”