Electronic Device Repair

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
merrill44

Electronic Device Repair

Post by merrill44 » January 4, 2017, 11:33 am

I'm looking for a shop to repair the mini-usb ports on two of my devices. Any suggestions?

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Electronic Device Repair

Post by parrot » January 4, 2017, 11:45 am

A few years ago, our daughter had a Samsung Galaxy Note III that had a damaged miniport. She couldn't get it repaired in the US. I brought it to the second floor of Landmark.....a shop toward the rear on the left hand side as you're walking toward the parking garage. Two or three technicians always seem to be busy there. They fixed the port for a few hundred baht........the phone worked like a champ.
You could also try some of the suggestions here:
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/i ... 37401.html

merrill44

Post by merrill44 » January 4, 2017, 1:32 pm

Thanks. I'll give them a try.

merrill44

Post by merrill44 » January 5, 2017, 9:28 am

Great advice. They fixed both of my devices. I went to the shop in the left rear of the second floor of Landmark. Their sign is in Thai but the word "Vegas" is in English. One of the tech spoke some English.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 5, 2017, 11:48 am

Glad they worked out for you!

Bonzo

Re: Camera Repair

Post by Bonzo » January 6, 2017, 9:19 am

Anyone an address for repair a digital compact camera ? If you go to Samsung their standard answer is that the "motherboard is broken" a tablet that was upgraded illegal when we bought it also had the "motherboard broken" a Thai friend installed the correct version of Android and since then it worked like a breeze..... 100 Baht instead of the quoted 5.500 from Samsung Udon Thani and now our camera has a lens problem that id 90% sure a cleaning job but Samsung already diagnosed "motherboard broken" 4.500 Baht......

Anyone who knows a small Thai camera shop with one of those wizards who can do all ?????

Thank you for suggestions
05041003.JPG

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Re: Camera Repair

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 9, 2017, 8:23 am

Bonzo wrote:Anyone an address for repair a digital compact camera ? If you go to Samsung their standard answer is that the "motherboard is broken" a tablet that was upgraded illegal when we bought it also had the "motherboard broken" a Thai friend installed the correct version of Android and since then it worked like a breeze..... 100 Baht instead of the quoted 5.500 from Samsung Udon Thani and now our camera has a lens problem that id 90% sure a cleaning job but Samsung already diagnosed "motherboard broken" 4.500 Baht......

Anyone who knows a small Thai camera shop with one of those wizards who can do all ?????

Thank you for suggestions

05041003.JPG
I had a Panasonic with the same problem, it had to have the lens unit replaced.

YMMV
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse
In my posts all fees and requirements are the standard R&R but TIT and a brown envelope can make incredible changes YMMV.

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”