Post by stattointhailand » January 10, 2017, 12:32 pm

My misses said that once Zid ......about 8 years ago I think it was :lol:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Grass roots Footie 2016/17 season

Post by stattointhailand » January 10, 2017, 3:56 pm

THE DAY'S BIG TRANSFER NEWS

BOYLE JOINS CHELTENHAM

Cheltenham Town have signed Will Boyle from Huddersfield on a free transfer. The 21 year-old has signed an 18-month contract with the League Two club.

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » January 10, 2017, 4:13 pm

stattointhailand wrote:You should be in Udon Niggly ........ free free free

In truth you didn't miss much ........ the first half would have had you nibbling your nails half way up your arm ..... Leeds were awful. Second to every ball/challenge etc etc . Even tried to rough it up a bit to slow Cambridge down, but after 3 yellows in the space of a few mins that idea was dropped. Luckily for them they got to half time only one down (it should have been 2 or 3), and then as is normal with these type of games Cambridge seemed to run out of legs, and the fitness and class levels started to show through. Pan's mate DOUKARA ( :oops: :-" :-$ ) was taken of after about 5o odd mins and ROOffffffff replaced him. Suddenly Leeds seemed to be able to get past midfield and put pressure on the Cambridge def (it had been 40 mins before their first proper shot on target). 2 goals in a few mins turned the game, and but for a flurry of Cambridge attacks in injury time they bossed the rest of the game.

Who da ya fancy the Dons or Sutton? :lol:
Was joking about Doukara Statts. He is on my list of worst ever Leeds players with Carlton Palmer and Jeff Chandler (there's one for the enthusiasts!). He is still better than Messi though who can only aspire to pull on the white shirt of LUFC.

By the way, dont know about us roughing up Cambridge. The ref was a typical product of the Premier League who wouldnt recognise a good old fashioned challenge if it hit him in the kae hams. The booking for Jansson which costs us his presence for games against our 2 nearest challengers for a play off place was laughable.

I will make a prediction now in that, without Jansson, we will lose against both Derby and Barnsley

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 10, 2017, 6:29 pm

Having probably now seen more than half the LUFC matches live this season (PPTV/MCOT/BBC) I think that Jansson is probably one of the best players in the Championship .......... he does need to curb his enthusiasm for a tackle just a little at times, but certainly not too much as that is probably what makes him stand out. If Leeds fail in their promotion bid this year I would certainly expect him to move up without them ..... quite like Roooooofffffffffffe as well :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 11, 2017, 8:30 am

Football League Cup - Semi-Final
Manchester United 2-0 Hull City

Vanarama National League
Eastleigh 1-1 Forest Green Rovers
Macclesfield Town 2-1 Dover Athletic

Checkatrade Trophy - Second Round

Cheltenham Town 6-1 Leicester City U21

Checkatrade Trophy - Third Round
Oxford United 4-1 Scunthorpe United
Town now face Bradford City in the 3rd. round. That famous Cheltonian (by way of Italy) Diego De Girolamo being man of the match with a hat trick.. :D
Wednesday 11th January 2017
Southampton V Liverpool 19:45

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 11, 2017, 8:43 am

Manchester United 2 Hull City 0
Well,United won but it was a disjointed performance as they struggled to break down a spirited Hull side.
Mata was man of the match but too many United players were average,at best.......Valencia and Jones did OK.
Pogba had one of those games when he plays like a loan player from Nancy,although he did hit the post with an excellent free kick.
As for Rooney.....more evidence that he's finished at this level,I'm afraid.....substituted after 60 minutes,he might as well have been taken off after 6 minutes !
Let him finish his playing career in China where some mugs will pay him 700,000 GBP per week and a chance for him to make out with some older Chinese ladies,pictured below.
Chinese woman aged 53.jpg
Chinese woman aged 53.jpg (20.49 KiB) Viewed 893 times
Chinese woman aged 50.jpg
Chinese old woman.jpg
Southampton v Liverpool tonight in the first leg of the other semi final.Its on MCOT Thai channel 30 at 3am Thursday morning.

Well done Macclesfield.....not too far off the play offs now.A great win in the Checkatrade Trophy for Cheltenham against the Leicester U11's but Scunthorpe can now concentrate on promotion to the Championship.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 11, 2017, 2:37 pm

"Southampton v Liverpool tonight in the first leg of the other semi final.Its on MCOT Thai channel 30 at 3am Thursday morning."

I'm assuming that is purely a slip zid and not an attempt to miss the first 15 mins on purpose ..... MCOT Channel 30 @ 02:45

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 12, 2017, 8:27 am

Wednesday 11th January 2017

Southampton 1-0 Liverpool
Slight advantage to the Saints going into the second leg on the 25th. If it will be enough very much depends what sort of side Klopp manages to put out for that. If it is the same one as last night's then the Saints are through. They were very unlucky not to be out of sight after a first leg where only Pool goalkeeper, Loris Karius, kept them in contention.

WizzWanger67
udonmap.com

Post by WizzWanger67 » January 12, 2017, 8:32 am

sounds like karius earned his money,for a change
Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp:

"We needed Loris Karius to save our lives two or three times.

"The best thing for us is the result. We know that we can play better at Anfield - nothing is decided.

"We cannot be happy with the performance, Southampton cannot be happy with the result. It could and should have been 2-0, 3-0."

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 12, 2017, 8:52 am

stattointhailand wrote:"Southampton v Liverpool tonight in the first leg of the other semi final.Its on MCOT Thai channel 30 at 3am Thursday morning."

I'm assuming that is purely a slip zid and not an attempt to miss the first 15 mins on purpose ..... MCOT Channel 30 @ 02:45
Purely a slip,statts,but I think Liverpool were wishing the kick off time would have been 3.07 am ! :-"
Liverpool were very poor and could have lost 3-0.They certainly weren't up for this cup semi final !

Maybe they had one eye on Sundays big game against Manchester United in the EPL at 11pm Thai ? This is preceded by Everton v Manchester City at 8.30pm Thai.

Anyway,still everything to play for in the second leg of the League Cup semi final.........

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 13, 2017, 8:53 am

Friday 13th January 2017
Sky Bet Championship

Leeds United V Derby County 19:45

Saturday 14th January 2017

Brentford V Newcastle United
Northampton Town V Scunthorpe United
Port Vale V Milton Keynes Dons
Cheltenham Town V Accrington Stanley
Worcester City V FC United of Manchester

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » January 13, 2017, 9:00 am

And not forgetting its the FA Trophy 2nd round (last 32) which includes the following fixtures.....

AFC Sudbury v Macclesfield Town
Chester v Forest Green Rovers
Gateshead v Lincoln City

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 13, 2017, 10:55 am

With of course the stand out fixture being .....
Sudbury.jpg
First live match I ever saw was Romford Reserves v Sudbury Town :lol: (not that I remember much being 3 at the time :-$)

Great result for Brighton/Newcastle/Leeds and QPR last night ....... Reading 0 - 1 QPR (3 on the spin for QPR)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 13, 2017, 12:26 pm

After Man Utd v Hull (Tuesday night)
Soton v L'pool (Wed night)
Reading v QPR (Thu night)

MCOT have available live on a TV in Udon......

Leeds v Derby (Fri Night 02:45 Ch 30)
Fulham v Barnsley (Sat evening 22:00 Ch 14)
Wolves v Villa (Sat night 00:30 Sun Ch 14)

good job I can sleep during the day

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 14, 2017, 8:11 am

Friday 13th January 2017
Sky Bet Championship

Leeds United 1-0 Derby County
The winner came just before half time, but Leeds had plenty of chances to win it before then & chances to improve the score after. That was just about the only criticism in the display though.
Takes them up to 3rd. Derby remain just outside the play off places..

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » January 14, 2017, 9:44 am

The mighty whites march on. LUFC up to 3rd, until today's games anyway, now only 4 points behind Newcastle. and probably more importantly, opening the gap to 8 points from 7th placed Derby.
But we dare to dream, the toon must be casting a glance over their shoulders now, and what a sight to behold, the LUFC express steaming up on the rails. :D

MOT

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » January 14, 2017, 3:52 pm

panmotor wrote:
I will make a prediction now in that, without Jansson, we will lose against both Derby and Barnsley
Delighted to say that I got this wrong. I now predict that we will lose all our remaining games and will still be in the Championship next year :D

Last night was as good a display by Leeds since the O'Leary days. I personally still think we need another striker as a minimum to get anywhere near promotion (as well as replacing our goalie) but, after 15 years of constant negativity, I actually have a strange feeling of positivity about the mighty whites this morning.

Great atmosphere last night by the way!

MOT

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 14, 2017, 4:45 pm

Game off in League One
Posted at 16:36

Some news for Port Vale and MK Dons fans. The League One game at Port Vale has been postponed following an early morning pitch inspection, so do not go. You have been warned.

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 14, 2017, 4:48 pm

Indeed looks like the march could be on .... must admit be nice for my club to get promoted and Leeds to stay in the championship , some thing they are now mathematically certain of ...then we would have 2 of the North of Englands leading clubs in SCUNTHORPE and Leeds and a local derby ... well done to the mighty whites even on a bitterly cold Friday night witht he game on the telly still managed to draw 25k plus to Hellend Rd =D> =D> .

K Adhoc already been in the Tap to remind me of the score , must be celebrating even his favourite wallet moth saw daylight :lol: :lol: ...

Scunny away at Northampton today WEATHER PERMITTING ... lets hope their own march to promotion can continue ... tho its looking like the Blades could run away with the top spot ....still all to play for .

Up the Iron
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » January 15, 2017, 8:28 am

Brentford 1-2 Newcastle United
Northampton Town 1-2 Scunthorpe United
Cheltenham Town 3-0 Accrington Stanley
Worcester City 0-0 FC United of Manchester
Well good results for members in the featured matches.
Even more so in other results effecting their situation.
Brighton surprising lose away at Preston, so Newcastle go back top.
Only Fleetwood match the Iron by winning in the top 6 so they are now second by 5 points from Bolton.
As Newport & Notts County drew it was vital that Cheltenham got all 3 points against also strugglers, Accrington. It was a poor game with few chances but with Stanley being reduced to 10 men on the hour Town managed to do enough to move out of the drop zone..

Return to “World Sports”