Tires for Dolly

Have a question or comment about Shopping in Udon Thani? Post it here!
parrot
udonmap.com

Tires for Dolly

Post by parrot » February 8, 2017, 2:42 pm

We've had a 2 wheel dolly with inflatable tires for several years. One tire finally gave out. Do Home, Home Hub, and Global House did not have replacements. I went to Peter's Bike Shop (near PTT near Central), but they didn't have what I needed.
Just like springs and o-rings, I know there's a shop in town that sells this sort of thing....but so far, striking out.
Any ideas?
The tires are with tube, 4.10/3.50 -4 and there are a multitude of google images in Thai showing the tire.......that makes me think there available in town.
I completely understand that I can just buy a new dolly........and will probably do so if I can't find replacement inflatable tires.
Attachments
images.jpg
images.jpg (7.86 KiB) Viewed 720 times

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Re: Tires for Dolly

Post by FrazeeDK » February 8, 2017, 7:51 pm

Noticed that Thai Watsadu did have a number of wheels to include pneumatic for sale..

I seem also to remember Tool Pro had a selection of different wheels..
Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 8, 2017, 7:54 pm

Thanks....I'll check Thai Watsadu. Checked ToolPro a few days ago.......no joy. They seem to be on a downhill slide.....as is Home Mart across the road.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 9, 2017, 2:14 pm

Thai Watsadu had smaller inflatable tires, but not the larger ones like I needed. I could have used the smaller tires, but the existing axle wouldn't fit the tire. Solution? Buy a brand new dolly, just like the one I bought 3 or 4 years ago (same as in the photo) for about 300 baht more than a new set of smaller tires would have cost.
This time around, I'll keep the dolly in the carport and out of the sun.......didn't do that with the last one...and that's probably why the tires started to come apart. All in all, a good dolly for 790 Baht........at Thai Watsadu.
Thanks again for the tip.

mickojak
udonmap.com

Post by mickojak » February 9, 2017, 3:18 pm

Parrot,
I think you're from Nong Wua So??

Try the old hardware store in Nong Bua Lamphu, opposite the sports bar and south a bit.

I stopped buying anything with the inflatable tires years ago.
They are just S"#t.

Solid rubber is the way to go if you can get them.
Mick

Return to “Udon Thani Shopping”