Post by BobHelm » February 19, 2017, 8:28 am

Ipswich Town 1-1 Leeds United
Port Vale 1-1 Bristol Rovers
Sheffield United 1-1 Scunthorpe United
Cheltenham Town 2-0 Yeovil Town
Gateshead 3-1 Forest Green Rovers
Macclesfield Town 2-0 Braintree Town
Stockport County 2-1 FC United of Manchester
With 7th. placed Norwich losing the draw is an OK result for Leeds, despite 6th. placed Sheffield Wednesday's win putting them on equal points with Leeds with a game in hand.
Bury's win is enough to drop Vale into the zone despite the draw..
Honors even in the top of the table clash, although the Iron may well consider themselves unlucky not to have claimed all 3 points. They ended the match with 10 men though as Harry Toffolo was sent off for 2 yellows..
A much needed win for Town!! :D Hartlepool are the big losers as they only draw while Town, Notts County & Accrington all win. Newport's resurgence seems to be over & they remain 7 points from safety, while Leyton Orient are just a win away from safety.
With leaders Lincoln away on FA Cup duty 3rd. placed Rovers had a chance to reduce the lead to a point. They failed dismally & it was as good as a result in the league, without playing, as it was in the Cup. Second placed Dag & Red also lost, to leave Lincoln 3 points clear with 2 games in hand.
Good win for Macclesfield keeps them clearly in 9th. place but creeping up on those above - a good series of results could still see them in the play offs, but others will need to falter as well..

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Re: Grass roots Footie 2016/17 season

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 19, 2017, 9:37 am

21,000 at Brammal Lane for the days biggest game Sheff U v Scunny with im told the Iron selling their allocation of 3000 not bad for i tin pot club !!,,,finished honours even at 1-1 .. gotta take that as the Blades are the richest biggest club in L1 by a mile and pretty sure they will be promoted by the end of the season .. just hoping Scunny are joining them tho its now very tight with Bolton Fleetwood Roachdale Bradford and Millwall etc all in the mix now .

Bloody Billy Sharp scored again an ex scunny player an excellent finisher whos still worshipped by many Iron fans including me .... just wish he would stop scoring against us like he always does.

Well done to Lincoln n Millwall in the FA cup .. hope they get a good draw and make the semis at Wemberlee ...

Port vale in the drop zone ..valiants knees will be knocking !!

Leeds draw to keep in the mix

Bobs Robins get a win ... boy did they need it .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 21, 2017, 8:22 am

Newcastle United 2-0 Aston Villa
Newcastle get a fairly easy win to return to the top of the table.
Bad news was that their Championship top scorer, Dwight Gayle, limped off after half an hour. Looked like a hamstring issue & he has already lost 6 games this season to that..
Villa looked a bit of a mess once they conceded & lost their main striker, Scott Hogan, as well. No win in 9 for them, 6 points above the zone, but they desperately need some points & confidence..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 8:44 am

It was only "fairly easy" for the last half hour Bob. The Toon were still in the dressing room for the first 30mins. They couldn't put 3 passes together. Yedlin finally got to the by line at about his sixth or seventh attempt and won a corner which was allowed to bobble about in the pen area until Gouff put it in from 1 yard out. Up till then it had been all Villa.
What pleased most Newcastle fans was that it was Henry Lansbury that scored the own goal as he had been the main cause of TWO Newcastle players wrongly being sent off at Forest earlier in the year .... he had been bood every time he touched the ball all night and got a massive cheer when he was announced as the OG scorer #-o :fryingpan:

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 9:32 am

Early notice of games shown on MCOT this weekend for those that like to plan well ahead.

Sat 25th MCOT Channel 14 Leeds V Sheff Wed 19:30 ..... 5th v 6th with Norwich & Fulham fans watching closely no doubt
Sat 25th MCOT Channel 14 Aston Villa v Derby 22:00 .... can villa end their losing streak and stay out of relegation dogfight
Sun 26th MCOT Channel 30 Brighton v Reading 00:30 ....2nd v probably 5th by KO time. Can Reading put pressure on top 2

Sun 26th MCOT Channel 30 Man United v Soudth Thamptons (as it was advertised on TV all last week) 23:30 (League Cup Final)

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 21, 2017, 12:11 pm

If you take the league position of the opponents in each remaining game this season and calculate their AVERAGE league position it would appear that BRIGHTON have the easiest "run in " of the top 6 in the Championship.

BRIGHTON ave for opponent in all matches 14.2 (home 13.5 away 15.0)
READING ave 12.6 (h 15.6 a 10.3)
HUDDERSFIELD 12.4 (h9.8 a 15.3)
SHEFF WED 11.5 (h9.7 a14.0)
LEEDS 11.1 (h7.0 a 14.5)
NEWCASTLE 10.6 (h13.5 a 7.7)

Leeds score of 7.0 for home matches is over 6 games 6th,16th,2nd,10th,1st,7th)
Newcastles score of 7.7 for away matches is over 7 games 2nd,3rd,4th,14th,6th.13th,12th

so all those STILL saying its a two horse race should take note. I'd certainly prefer to play my hardest opponents at home like Leeds, Sheff Wed and Huddersfield than I would away like Reading and Newcastle.

panmotor
udonmap.com

Post by panmotor » February 21, 2017, 2:39 pm

Depends which way you look at it Statts. I am still in the UK and, here, Leeds fans at least are only praying for the 5 or 6 wins that will take us into a play off position. With that in mind, a few easy home games would be better, particularly if the constant rumours about the fitness of our only striker are true.

I don't think Reading can string enough wins together and expect Huddersfield's bubble to burst as they start to feel the weight of expectation. That leaves Sheff W as the only team, in my opinion, capable of stringing enough results together to close the gap - Saturdays Leeds v Sheff W game will hopefully dent their ambitions though.

Newcastle weren't good last night but, like Brighton, they have an experienced team and management. I still think these 2 will romp clear.

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » February 22, 2017, 8:02 am

Last night in the Conference......Eastleigh 0 Macclesfield 1

Macc now just 3 points off a play off place.Lincoln,Dagenham & Redbridge,Tranmere Rovers and Forest Green look to be in a very strong position for the automatic promotion/play off places.
It looks like there is just 1 play off place up for grabs between Dover,Gateshead,Aldershot,Barrow and Macclesfield.
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 24, 2017, 12:19 pm

Leeds United V Sheffield Wednesday 12:30
Newcastle United V Bristol City
Bristol Rovers V Scunthorpe United
Port Vale V Bradford City
Leyton Orient V Cheltenham Town
Forest Green Rovers V Woking
Gloucester City V FC United of Manchester

Southport P-P Macclesfield Town Postponed
AS
The FA Trophy
Dulwich Hamlet V Macclesfield Town

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 24, 2017, 2:23 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Early notice of games shown on MCOT this weekend for those that like to plan well ahead.

Sat 25th MCOT Channel 14 Leeds V Sheff Wed 19:30 ..... 5th v 6th with Norwich & Fulham fans watching closely no doubt
Sat 25th MCOT Channel 14 Aston Villa v Derby 22:00 .... can villa end their losing streak and stay out of relegation dogfight
Sun 26th MCOT Channel 30 Brighton v Reading 00:30 ....2nd v probably 5th by KO time. Can Reading put pressure on top 2

Sun 26th MCOT Channel 30 Man United v Soudth Thamptons (as it was advertised on TV all last week) 23:30 (League Cup Final)
Bumped

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 26, 2017, 7:12 am

Leeds United 1-0 Sheffield Wednesday
Newcastle United 2-2 Bristol City
Bristol Rovers 1-1 Scunthorpe United
Port Vale 1-2 Bradford City
Leyton Orient 0-1 Cheltenham Town
Forest Green Rovers 4-3 Woking
Dulwich Hamlet 2-2 Macclesfield Town
Leeds win the lunchtime battle & then get the afternoon results as well. Still 9 points & a game off an automatic spot, but 7th. place are also now 8 points adrift.
It was an easy on paper home game against a Bristol City side struggling against relegation. Somehow the home side managed to be 2 nil down after 20 minutes though!! Certainly a point saved in the end, but a Brighton win sends them down to second.
It was also a point saved for the Iron against the other Bristol side. with Sheffield United beating promotion rivals Bolton, the Iron are now second by 7 points. With Bolton slipping away the danger to 2nd. spot looks like coming from joint on points & inform side, Fleetwood.
With Oldham winning away & Bury drawing the loss sinks Vale into the drop zone.
Massive win for Town away against fellow strugglers, ,Leyton Orient. With Accrington & Notts County both only managing a draw they rise up to a heady 19th. spot. That is still only 6 points away from sinking out the league, but a huge improvement so far this year..
Green just about manage to gain some points on their promotion rivals, but remain in 3rd.
Macclesfield will have to try it again in the Cup as theirs is the only game that does not produce a result. Ominously for them in that competition is that league leaders & FA Cup giant killers, Lincoln City, ease through 2 to zip away from home!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 27, 2017, 6:09 pm

FA Trophy draw

Dulwich Hamlet - will face Tranmere if they can overcome Macclesfield.
The other tie is between York and FA Cup quarter-finalists Lincoln.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » February 28, 2017, 12:33 pm

Tuesday 28th February 2017
Brighton & Hove Albion V Newcastle United 19:45
Scunthorpe United V AFC Wimbledon 19:45
Rochdale V Port Vale 19:45
Cheltenham Town V Carlisle United 19:45
Tranmere Rovers V Forest Green Rovers 19:45
Macclesfield Town P-P Gateshead Postponed
As Cup Replay
Macclesfield Town V Dulwich Hamlet 19:45

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 1, 2017, 4:44 am

\:D/ :drunk: :guiness: Nuff said

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » March 1, 2017, 8:21 am

Brighton & Hove Albion 1-2 Newcastle United
Rochdale P-P Port Vale Postponed
Scunthorpe United 1-2 AFC Wimbledon
Cheltenham Town 1-0 Carlisle United
Macclesfield Town P-P Dulwich Hamlet Postponed
Those woosies in Macclesfield cancel their game because of a bit of the white stuff... :D
snow.png
No such worries in the civilization of sunny Cheltenham where Town win a remarkable 2 on the bounce to promotion chasers Carlisle. Surprisingly Town looked by far the better side all game but just couldn't put the ball in the net. When it looked to be ending in a draw they managed to bundle in a messy goal with 5 minutes remaining.
They are up to 18th. but, more importantly, now 9 points away from danger as Leyton Orient lose again..

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 1, 2017, 10:05 am

Should have played the original match last night Bob........ bloomin' Southern Jessies from the Hamlet of Dulwich .... frightened of a bit o snow. The Gateshead lads would have played em in a shirts v skins game :lol:

Cracker down at the Amex ....... glad I made the effort to drag myself out of bed to watch.
Thought the toon may have been on a hiding as Brighton started like a train and Darlow had to make a couple of good early saves. and after a few recent games, he needed, to get some confidence back. Ref gave a crazy pen which the commentator must have pointed out 20 times during the game, and the seagulls took the lead. From then on Newcastle came into the game and created twice as many chances as Brighton, but by playing a false No 9 they didn't have the killer instinct to get back on terms. After about 70 mins Rafa dropped Diame back into the middle and brought Daryl Murphy on in place of the "ginger m*nge". This seemed to trigger a belief that a draw was possible as he made Stockdale make two saves within a couple of mins of coming on. Gouffran had a golden op to equalise when the keeper tried to pass the ball out to a defender an Gouff stuck out a boot and intercepted the ball, but he could not place it back past the keeper. To be fair there was only about 3 feet between the pair of them so neither the keeper with his pass or Gouff with his shot had a lot of room to work with.
Christian Atsu had a shot from the edge of the area which took a deflection before hitting the outside of Diames foot and balooning up into the air and into the net over the outstretched keeper and defender on the line. Wierd goal that had to be seen to be believed, as it all seemed to be in slow motion. Rafa immediately realised the game was there for the winning and put Ayoze Perez on up front with Murphy for the last 8 or so minutes. With a minute to go (and statts suffering bruised shins having kicked the imaginary ball and hit the coffee table a dozen times) Matt Richie hit a Shelveyesque 50+ yard pass to the ever available Atsu on the wing, he controlled it looked up and found Ayoze Perez who placed his shot passed Stockdale for the winner, 3 pts, and a bit of breathing space before Huddersfield (3rd) away Sat and Reading (5th) away next Tuesday. Still think Brighton are favorites due to their far easier schedule.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 1, 2017, 4:07 pm

Them nice guys at MCOT have shown their live footie action details in English this week......
11mcot.jpg
Looks like another sleep deprived weekend ahead....

get to bed about 5am Sat morn after Brum v Leeds
Sleep until daughter wakes me up (08:00 + [-o< )
19:00 on PPTV Man U v Bomo
22:00 MCOT Blackburn v Wigan
00:30 MCOT 'ddersfield v Toon

bed by 02:45 I hope

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 1, 2017, 6:50 pm

Actually,a pretty decent night for Macc despite the snow..... ;)
Dagenham & Redbridge,Dover and Barrow all lost and Aldershot and Lincoln only drew.
Next up for the Silkmen is Forest Green away....positively tropical in contrast to South Cheshire !
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

magpie73
udonmap.com

Post by magpie73 » March 2, 2017, 2:10 am

Nah stato not having Brighton winning the league the toon's got good enough players to get us promoted as champions to the premier league but I would say rafa will have to start with Murphy up front against Huddersfield my prediction for saturday 2-0 to the toon keep the faith toon toon

Return to “World Sports”