Flat pack furniture fasteners

Looking for a something in particular but don't know where to buy it? Try asking here...
tamada
udonmap.com

Flat pack furniture fasteners

Post by tamada » February 16, 2017, 6:38 pm

I have some flatpack stuff that was bought from Index Living Mall but was disassembled and in storage for so long that the bag of fasteners has gone AWOL. Looking for the camlock fasteners (left) and especially the dowels (right) very similar to what's below.
0camlocknuts-01.jpg
I checked all the hardware stores today and only Thai Watsadu came close had the fasteners (in 3 sizes) but absolutely no dowels (!) which are the ones I need the most. Nothing at all at DoHome, HomeHub, both Global's or HomePro.

Maybe someone has seen them at some smaller hardware supplier or mom & pop store? I am pretty sure that Index don't have them as spare parts but I may check in desperation. Loads or 'em on eBay and Alibaba of course!

Thanks!
tam

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: Flat pack furniture fasteners

Post by parrot » February 16, 2017, 6:54 pm

It's been a few years, but I've bought them at school supply stores. On the one-way street with Maya Restaurant, there's a supply store about 100 meters down from Maya, on the opposite side of the street. There's another just around the corner. There's another large one on the way from Nong Sim Lake to Global, just before you cross the railroad tracks.

They won't be true dowels with the fluted edges....but they should do the trick.

MichaelCummins

Re: Flat pack furniture fasteners

Post by MichaelCummins » February 20, 2017, 4:42 pm

Go for the eBay option.. Lol.. Less headaches. Surely home pro has them

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Return to “Where to Buy Things in Udon”